ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Fish 01:21 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Heh. If only.

We live in a world of lies layered upon lies, and everybody is a conspiracy theorist now. Whether you believe in Russia hoaxes, or question the media's bias. The only difference is that I'm way ahead of the curve. I'm so far ahead of the curve that I've actually passed an information veil that most people are still blinded by. Sort of like the Truman Show. I'm on the other side of the dome, looking in, and saying, "guys, we're in a dome, come look."

As far as I can tell, it is inevitable that society is going to cross this veil. The Bible calls it the apocalypse:

There's nothing that I post about that I can't back up with facts. From there, it's just a matter of what people's cognitive dissonance allows them to accept or reject. Some people are ready to accept truth. Some prefer the comforts of the lies. My life isn't invested in the lies of this world and I'm confident enough in myself to not care if people on the Internet like me or not for believing things that they don't.

By the way, it's a bad idea to get rid of the DC forum. The whole reason they exist is because if they didn't, politics infects the day to day topics. Which, as you can see from this thread, is already happening. That phenomenon only gets worse if you eliminate the outlet. If you want to turn this forum into a war zone between people with political opinions and moderators trying to keep politics off the forum, the best way to accomplish that is to eliminate the acceptable outlet for discussion.
:-)... Delusional disorder. You gots it. Bad.
patteeu 01:25 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Let's face it, there's a divide and too many aren't able to put aside their political banter when the thread they're in isn't political. Take how political rivals interact in the Space tread. That's how it should be. We can have our differences in the DC, that's America, but when outside of the DC, people need to let it go.

As for threads that get started in the lounge that aren't about sports (even though "sports" are very political these days), I would be in favor of moving those very quickly. So if it's not about cleats in the turf (like the Whitlock topics tend to be anymore), it shouldn't be in the lounge.

JMO. And I'm more than willing to help in any way that I can.
I never bring politics to the Lounge unless it’s by mistake. I can’t count the number of times my football (or otherwise nonpolitical) posts are met with “why don’t you just go back to DC”. There’s a lot of mental weakness in the Lounge and that seems to include some of the moderators.
GloryDayz 01:28 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I never bring politics to the Lounge unless it’s by mistake. I can’t count the number of times my football (or otherwise nonpolitical) posts are met with “why don’t you just go back to DC”. There’s a lot of mental weakness in the Lounge and that seems to include some of the moderators.
That's a sign of a weak person posting... We have a lot of them in our larger CP community...
Taco John 01:28 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)... Delusional disorder. You gots it. Bad.
That's fine. There will come a day when people wake up to things like MK Ultra - stuff that most people simply dismiss. I don't dismiss it. I listen to the victims who have spoken out. Their stories are outrageous. Unbelievable in many cases. Nevertheless, where there is smoke there is fire. It doesn't bother me that people who have never explored the accounts of these victims think someone who has is "crazy." We're people, and we judge like that. I likewise have my own judgements about people who refuse to look at the evidence around them.

There is a bigger picture that you're not going to see on CNN. You're just not.
Marcellus 01:29 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
X2

Most people I disagree with in DC I get along with in the lounge for the most part.
vailpass 01:30 PM 10-09-2020
I aint mad atcha. I'm good with who I am and accept that most people will find me to be a raving lunatic... until they don't.
:-) Being comfortable in your own skin is what it's all about.
SupDock 01:45 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The vast majority of reported posts are from DC.
There's more potential for real life crossover/issues (and there has been) due to the lack of moderation and general lack of civility.
There's clearly animosity that leaks into other forums, which rules out the whole "just stay out of DC", plus all of the political junk in other forums.

Saying DC is a big problem doesn't automatically mean the Lounge is perfect or close to it.... but, even a shithole football forum is still a football forum.
To me, the lack of civility is the biggest issue. When politics are discussed, it seems like some people struggle resisting the urge to say disgusting shit about other people.

I am not a long time CP member, but it seems like the mostly unmoderated feel of DC has led to a significant amount of vitriol. You combine that with a false sense of anonymity and people will say just about anything.

Call me thin skinned, but some of the interactions I have seen in DC are a bit frightening. A discussion about politics or contentious subjects doesn't have to devolve into what it almost inevitably does in the DC forum

I know this is tangential to the topic at hand, but wanted to post it anyway.
DaneMcCloud 02:18 PM 10-09-2020
That's fine. There is a bigger picture that you're not going to see on CNN. You're just not.
Hey Bozo, the technology to render Visual Effects in Real Time across multiple LIVE feeds does not exist.

Go back to your fucking shithole, Shit For Brains.
eDave 02:23 PM 10-09-2020
Turn it into chat. Chat is nothing but fun.
Merde Furieux 02:34 PM 10-09-2020
Heh. If only.

We live in a world of lies layered upon lies, and everybody is a conspiracy theorist now. Whether you believe in Russia hoaxes, or question the media's bias. The only difference is that I'm way ahead of the curve. I'm so far ahead of the curve that I've actually passed an information veil that most people are still blinded by. Sort of like the Truman Show. I'm on the other side of the dome, looking in, and saying, "guys, we're in a dome, come look."

As far as I can tell, it is inevitable that society is going to cross this veil. The Bible calls it the apocalypse:

There's nothing that I post about that I can't back up with facts. From there, it's just a matter of what people's cognitive dissonance allows them to accept or reject. Some people are ready to accept truth. Some prefer the comforts of the lies. My life isn't invested in the lies of this world and I'm confident enough in myself to not care if people on the Internet like me or not for believing things that they don't.

By the way, it's a bad idea to get rid of the DC forum. The whole reason they exist is because if they didn't, politics infects the day to day topics. Which, as you can see from this thread, is already happening. That phenomenon only gets worse if you eliminate the outlet. If you want to turn this forum into a war zone between people with political opinions and moderators trying to keep politics off the forum, the best way to accomplish that is to eliminate the acceptable outlet for discussion.
I don't think you're crazy at all.
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Call me thin skinned, but some of the interactions I have seen in DC are a bit frightening. A discussion about politics or contentious subjects doesn't have to devolve into what it almost inevitably does in the DC forum

I know this is tangential to the topic at hand, but wanted to post it anyway.
I was called, and this is an exact quote, a "phaggot", which violates the term of service, because I had earlier mentioned that Nielsen Ratings should not be politicized and used as a weapon.

Nielsen ratings exist for Entertainment Production companies, TV studios, Advertisers and Networks, not as a weapon to say "See, ratings are down because of those Black NBA players. I LOVE IT!".
lewdog 03:37 PM 10-09-2020
Heh. If only.

Dude, get back on your meds.
Baby Lee 03:39 PM 10-09-2020
After today's 'just for grins' gin-up the anger thread, this thread is surely HoC bound.
DaFace 03:39 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
A guy I used to work with seemed like a reasonably sane guy, albeit with some personality quirks. He was let go a few years ago, and we recently learned that he has an "end times" (e.g., book of Revelation) blog where he outlines all of the signs that the world is coming to an end. Each "article" will probably require you 2-3 hours to read. It's impressive in an insane way.

I can't help but picture that guy when I read TJ's posts. Granted, they're crazy in a completely different way.
Merde Furieux 03:39 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
To me, the lack of civility is the biggest issue.

Originally Posted by lewdog:
:-)
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Up