ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

loochy 12:37 PM 11-12-2019
Trump.
Hoover 12:38 PM 11-12-2019
Trump didn't impeach himself.

Power to the PEOPLE!

Rand PAUL

OUT
Marcellus 12:42 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I don't even know what post you are talking about. I didn't ban you from that thread and I'm not banning you from this one.

It was a joke, settle down...
Its all good, I'm not really upset I do find it kind of silly but whatever.
Rasputin 12:56 PM 11-12-2019
Doesn't this thread belong in the DC Forum and the unholy land?
Rasputin 12:57 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Trump.
pmurT
redfan 02:44 PM 11-12-2019
:-)
Chiefs4TheWin 03:41 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
That's a fate worse than being banned! :-)
Actual truth. No sarcasm was used.
Bearcat 06:24 PM 10-07-2020
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.
eDave 06:27 PM 10-07-2020
3 is too many.

Peace. Out.
Easy 6 06:27 PM 10-07-2020
Just call it both ways, and there shouldn't be much hubub about it
SuperBowl4 06:33 PM 10-07-2020
END THE DC FORUM NOW! :-)
Marcellus 06:40 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

One would have to assume threads like the Whitlock thread in the main forum either need to be moved or not apply.
srvy 06:55 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just call it both ways, and there shouldn't be much hubub about it
This is the truth. We saw how it went in the non-political COVID thread. I have my doubts fairness rules the day.
SuperBowl4 06:58 PM 10-07-2020
DaFace will put you in your place if you get out of line. OBEY! Thread title should be: Keep your political bullshit in DC and don't talk shit about my SPACE IS AWESOME thread.
Bearcat 06:59 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
One would have to assume threads like the Whitlock thread in the main forum either need to be moved or not apply.
I hadn't clicked on that one in a couple days (or read the entire article), so good call on moving it.

In general, future threads like that still apply, no matter how destined they are for DC, and posting political threads in the wrong forum follows the same rules.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to those threads, and most people will still keep politics out of it (I assume for that particular one, a lot of people could speak to ratings and what not and leave the rest of it in DC)... and of course that's the shitty part of this, where it's infiltrated every aspect of our lives.
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up