ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 79
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covers you like better than the original.
BigMeatballDave 01:29 PM 09-17-2015
I don't remember if we've done this before, but if we have, bite me. :-)

Manfred Mann: Blinded by the light

Bruce Springsteen:
[Reply]
Portlantis 03:55 PM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Last one, another Radiohead cover. Climbing the Walls. The video is pretty crazy, and the music is dark. Such a good song.
Are the Easystar Allstars unaware that Radiohead made albums other than OK Computer?
[Reply]
Saccopoo 04:05 PM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Portlantis:
Are the Easystar Allstars unaware that Radiohead made albums other than OK Computer?
I actually think that there are a great number of people who are unaware that Radiohead made other albums other than OK Computer.
[Reply]
eDave 04:07 PM 09-26-2015
I'm sure they do. Perhaps Cooch likes these particular covers. Asshole.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:22 PM 09-26-2015
When I first read that I thought you meant meaning either Andy Reid, or possibly the Craig T. Nelson character. I thought, that's a weird reference.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:36 PM 09-26-2015
Hall and Oates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oudPWa3dtQc
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:52 PM 09-26-2015
They actually didn't whole cover cd of OK Computer redone in reggae. They also redid Dark Side of the Moon, Sgt Peppers, and Thriller. But to me the best whole cd redone in reggae was Radio Riddler's Purple Reggae (Purple Rain).
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:13 PM 09-26-2015

This is my favorite version of this song even though GNR one is pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:34 PM 09-26-2015
Free your mind and your ass will follow ~ Maggot Brain I love this song

R.I.P. Eddie Hazel

Buckethead & Lili Haydn on violin ~ this one is my favorite
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:07 PM 09-26-2015

[Reply]
Chuck Fargers 07:21 PM 09-26-2015
Blonde's Heart of Glass was good
[Reply]
Kaepernick 07:33 PM 09-26-2015
I prefer Terrible Ted's "Baby Please Don't Go" to the Van Morrison original.

I prefer George Thoroughgood's "Who Do You Love" to the Doors original.

I prefer Rod Stewart's "Twisting the Night Away" to the Sam Cooke original.

I prefer Santana's "Black Magic Woman" to the Fleetwood Mac original.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 07:35 PM 09-26-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
I was listening to an NPR interview with Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies and they do their hit "Misguided Angel" completely different than how it was originally recorded based on just her perceptions of the situation as presented in the song and how time would have changed those perceptions. It went from love to regret and it's a terrific re-interpretation of the original by the same artist.

Also, artists will change how they do songs a lot based on how someone has covered their original. Go listen to the "Crazy In Love" cover that I posted by Antony and the Johnsons and then go listen to how Beyonce re-did her original for the movie "50 Shades of Grey." She basically covered the cover.
OK. Will do.
[Reply]
aturnis 03:07 AM 09-27-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
I felt it a bit too 'large'. Says this Zeppelin fan.

But it freaking awesome and the boys loved it. Obama was groovin and there was a women with palms towards Jesus.

Jimmy mouthing the notes during the solo is so great. I can't imagine how nervous I would have been if I were that guitarist.

And Anne's voice! Damn.
I loved the Asian dude with eyes closed just feeling the power.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:00 AM 09-27-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
One dude/band (Antony and the Johnsons) with two of my favorite covers of all time. I'll listen to these two songs all night long sometimes...:

For respecting the work as much as you obviously do, you seem to have no respect for the artist.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 09-27-2015, 05:11 AM
This message has been deleted by rocknrolla.
nicksdad 06:40 AM 09-27-2015
the Rolling Stones cover of Robert johnson's
""stop breaking down blues" and the Clash's cover of " police and thieves". both epic.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 79
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up