ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 1203
« First < 55595101102103104105 1061071081091151552056051105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:39 PM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Had an authentic Pancit dish prepared by a native Fillipino delivered to my door at 8 pm last night. A co-worked of mine and his wife are natives of the Philippines and came to the states when they were teenagers. They both got degrees to become LPNs shortly after their immigration and have both been doing that for about 20 years.

I helped him with his 2011 Infiniti Q37 which he bought new and gasp..........has never been waxed. Showed him how to hand wash it, clay bar it, polish out scratches and then we put on a nice coat of wax.

He called at 8 pm last night and wanted to bring over the dish. I kindly told him we were heading to bed shortly but he could bring it to work. He said ok. He arrived at my door at 8:20 with a huge tub of this Pancit. I guess it's customary in the Philippines to accept the food right after it's made, even if you don't plan on eating. Jesus lewdog, you stupid fucking American!

Anyway it's amazing. Noodles cooked to perfection with shredded chicken, celery, carrots, onion, green beans and something I have never had before, Chinese Sausage. Talk about great flavor in that sausage!

Wait. What? You go to bed at 8? WTF?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:42 PM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm generally in bed by 7:30. Of course, mine is because I have to do my dialysis, but still. I usually roll over and go to sleep between 9:30 and 10.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:44 PM 02-18-2016
Honey, time to make the donuts. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:52 PM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man, if I were going to do that, like you, I'd use my baking steel. The problem would be for me that my baking steel is too big to fit in the oven.

I wonder what the purpose here is. Is it really just the fact that you're now blasting it with heat from the top and the bottom? If so, how is that different from the cast iron ribeye recipe he's touted for years?

I just don't see an upshot here, to be honest. What I might try is taking my pizza oven but not using the stone on bottom. Just set the baking steel on the grate for about 20 minutes while throwing heat at it. Once I get it hot enough, raise it up to the top using my pizza kettle and then throw a steak in on the grate.

Truthfully, this seems like complicating things for the sake of complicating things.
I'm trying to figure out dinner tonight, thinking I may try this...
[Reply]
srvy 04:00 PM 02-18-2016
My wife is Filipino she made pancit when she got home from work early this morning along with beef and shrimp lumpia. This canceled out my planned dinner with the pressure cooker. If they ever invite you to a party do go. You will not believe the mountains of food they cook and better than anything you will find at a Chinese restaurant for sure. You will have to endure Karaoke with Asians with terrible voices but watching them dance makes up for it.
[Reply]
srvy 04:07 PM 02-18-2016
The Sausage was probably longaniza a Spanish sausage similar to chorizo. Beg them for Lumpia along with chicken adobo sometime.
[Reply]
srvy 04:19 PM 02-18-2016
Oh and boneless crispy pata. Dont ask what it is just enjoy.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:28 PM 02-18-2016
8:30 or 9. I am at work by 5:30 a.m. so kindly fuck off.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:40 PM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
The Sausage was probably longaniza a Spanish sausage similar to chorizo. Beg them for Lumpia along with chicken adobo sometime.
I love the versions of Adobo that I've had, but there are so many variations that you have to pay attention to the differences.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:45 PM 02-18-2016
8:30 or 9. I am at work by 5:30 a.m. so kindly fuck off.
Still a pussy. I don't think I've been to bed before 10 in the last 5 years, even when I get sprayer wheels rolling by 5:00 am :-)
[Reply]
srvy 05:03 PM 02-18-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I love the versions of Adobo that I've had, but there are so many variations that you have to pay attention to the differences.
Yeah my wife is sleeping id ask but I never wake the devil. Most Philippine food is influenced by Spanish and Chinese dishes. I believe adobo is actually spanish. Hers looks similar to this.

Adobo is the name of a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat or seafood marinated in a sauce of vinegar and garlic, browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade.

Although it has a name taken from the Spanish, the cooking method is indigenous to the Philippines. When the Spanish conquered the Philippines in the late 16th century and early 17th century, they encountered an indigenous cooking process which involved stewing with vinegar, which they then referred to as adobo, which is the Spanish word for seasoning or marinade. Dishes prepared in this manner eventually came to be known by this name, with the original term for the dish now lost to history.
While the adobo dish and cooking process in Filipino cuisine and the general description adobo in Spanish cuisine share similar characteristics, they refer to different things with different cultural roots. While the Philippine adobo dish can be considered adobo in the Spanish sense a marinated dish the Philippine usage is much more specific. Typically, pork or chicken, or a combination of both, is slowly cooked in vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, black peppercorns, and soy sauce then often browned in the oven or pan-fried afterward to get the desirable crisped edges.
[Reply]
scho63 05:19 PM 02-18-2016
Anyway it's amazing. Noodles cooked to perfection with shredded chicken, celery, carrots, onion, green beans and something I have never had before, Chinese Sausage. Talk about great flavor in that sausage!

That picture needs to be in the hot chicks thread because it gave me a giant boner! Damn that looks so fresh, cooked to perfection and D-LISH-US! :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:21 PM 02-18-2016
Still a pussy. I don't think I've been to bed before 10 in the last 5 years, even when I get sprayer wheels rolling by 5:00 am :-)
Yep I'm usually up and out by 605 and I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 1130. Well asleep at least lol
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:15 PM 02-18-2016
When good and hungry, I could totally destroy ATLEAST half of lewdogs tray of pancit

Never even heard of it, but guarantee its incredible
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:19 PM 02-18-2016
I'm thinking ok could kill the whole thing on a good day.

Having chicken tettrazini tonight. Smells pretty good
[Reply]
Page 105 of 1203
« First < 55595101102103104105 1061071081091151552056051105 > Last »
Up