ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3092 of 3903
« First < 2092259229923042308230883089309030913092 30933094309530963102314231923592 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 12:12 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The Lilly drug is a therapeutic, right? I've been hearing more about vaccines, so I was confused since I hadn't heard Lilly in that pack of companies.
Correct. But it has to be given very early on in the course of the disease to be effective.
[Reply]
O.city 12:12 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t want to disclose a bunch of details, but my significant other, who is young and very healthy — has COVID. It’s a struggle right now. Pre-existing conditions have her battling like I never would have imagined. And damn it, it is tough getting through each day not knowing what the future holds. Thought things would be getting better by now, but so far only worse.

Please, protect your peers to the best of your ability. Wear a mask, keep your space whenever possible. This shit is real and it is not over.

Wishing anyone else who might be in a similar spot the absolute best.
Damn man

I know it’s rough. Take care of what you can. Will keep you guys in our thoughts
[Reply]
stumppy 12:14 PM 11-11-2020
I don’t want to disclose a bunch of details, but my significant other, who is young and very healthy — has COVID. It’s a struggle right now. Pre-existing conditions have her battling like I never would have imagined. And damn it, it is tough getting through each day not knowing what the future holds. Thought things would be getting better by now, but so far only worse.

Please, protect your peers to the best of your ability. Wear a mask, keep your space whenever possible. This shit is real and it is not over.

Hang in there man. Good thoughts coming your way.
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 11-11-2020
Limiting elective surgeries here in Greene county at the hospitals
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:23 PM 11-11-2020
Now the daughter of one of the people I work with, share an office space with and who does not wear a mask most of the time, has tested positive and he has been in close contact with her for the last two days. We are having him isolate until Monday and we will have him tested. It is required that his wife also gets tested. If she test positive then he has to isolate from her, he is required to isolate from his daughter, an adult with her own house, for 14 days or until she has 2 negative tests.
[Reply]
Pants 12:37 PM 11-11-2020
This all fucking sucks.

Need those vaccines badly and April seems like a goddamn eternity from now.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 11-11-2020
Do we know when the vaccine is projected for clearance? Figured with recent news we’re close. Maybe January?
[Reply]
Pants 12:38 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Do we know when the vaccine is projected for clearance? Figured with recent news we’re close. Maybe January?
They are saying April for the average Joe to start getting it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:42 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm definitely worried about my dad, though. He's 69, has asthma, and had a heart attack around 10 years ago. I really hope he can stay isolated enough for a few more months.
I have an elderly mother-in-law with underlying health issues living in rural Missouri by herself. She won’t move, even temporarily. So far so good but my wife worries about her health all the time. We have taught her to use FaceTime so that helps read the situation.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:44 PM 11-11-2020
so some political talking head on the radio just said if you have had Covid you now have a pre-existing condition. WTF and I missing here?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:45 PM 11-11-2020

Positive thoughts heading your way.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:46 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
so some political talking head on the radio just said if you have had Covid you now have a pre-existing condition. WTF and I missing here?
I would tell you, but not here.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:47 PM 11-11-2020
It’s my understanding that all insurance companies are considering a positive Covid test a pre-existing condition. Due to the unknown long term effects. Some of the long haulers are still having issues months later. Mental issues are lingering in many. Or so they say anyway.

Insurance companies trying to keep from covering a condition, especially one that could be expensive to cover is to be expected, shouldn’t it?
[Reply]
R Clark 12:48 PM 11-11-2020
Do you suppose they know what they are talking about Or just putting bs out there?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:53 PM 11-11-2020
Just another reason to not get tested.
[Reply]
Page 3092 of 3903
« First < 2092259229923042308230883089309030913092 30933094309530963102314231923592 > Last »
Up