ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1408 of 4891
« First < 40890813081358139814041405140614071408 140914101411141214181458150819082408 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:26 AM 01-26-2018
Why would John Dorsey, one year after deciding Alex Smith has taken the Chiefs as far as he can, pass on Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield... for Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:28 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
CLE should spend one of their R2 picks this year and something next year for Alex and then not worry about QB for another draft, maybe 2. Alex has 3-4 years left and would be considered a legend in CLE if he did what he did for KC.

CLE should then use all those other picks on talent. Why invest multiple picks on QBs now, esp a raw QB. Get another piece to the puzzle and focus on another QB later.
Nah, they've fucked themselves over enough by passing on young QBs.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Why would John Dorsey, one year after deciding Alex Smith has taken the Chiefs as far as he can, pass on Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield... for Alex Smith.
He’s not. Alex will be a placeholder. Allen is more raw of a prospect than Mahomes and should in no way play in 2018. Rosen and Darnold are 21 years old. No way in hell do you start those guys in Cleveland at this time.

Cleveland needs a vet to start in 2018. Chase Daniels is not a starter and Alex Smith is the best option for them to get out of being a horrible team.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:39 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s not. Alex will be a placeholder. Allen is more raw of a prospect than Mahomes and should in no way play in 2018. Rosen and Darnold are 21 years old. No way in hell do you start those guys in Cleveland at this time.
Yeah I could totally see a scenario where they trade for Alex Smith, but no way would they trade for Alex and then pass on one of the young QB's at #1 and #4.
Cleveland needs a vet to start in 2018. Chase Daniels is not a starter and Alex Smith is the best option for them to get out of being a horrible team.
Do they really? Wentz, Dak, RG3, Luck, and Russell Wilson all played immediately and had great rookie years.

Yeah, Josh Allen could benefit from sitting, but Paxton Lynch sat for 2 years and it didn't seem to help him very much. As long as you can block for him, I think the rookie QB should start.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 01-26-2018
Cleveland has won 1 game in the last 2 years and 2 in their last 43 games. The Browns would be retarded to put any of these QB’s in day 1 to be the savior.

They tried that last year and it failed miserably. That team needs a vet to at least win some games and restore confidence.

You’re also trading for a mentor. Alex is who he is, but I think Dorsey would happily pay for him to help tutor a rookie QB.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:49 AM 01-26-2018
Cleveland has won 1 game in the last 2 years and 2 in their last 43 games. The Browns would be retarded to put any of these QB’s in day 1 to be the savior.

They tried that last year and it failed miserably. That team needs a vet to at least win some games and restore confidence.

You’re also trading for a mentor. Alex is who he is, but I think Dorsey would happily pay for him to help tutor a rookie QB.
Yeah, but seeing as how Dorsey traded for Alex in KC as one of his first moves... I just don't see him doing that again. Trading for Alex, let him be the mentor - didn't really work for his longevitiy in KC.

Oh and in that span of 2 wins for CLE... the Star Wars franchise released 3 new movies.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:52 AM 01-26-2018
Yeah, but seeing as how Dorsey traded for Alex in KC as one of his first moves... I just don't see him doing that again. Trading for Alex, let him be the mentor - didn't really work for his longevitiy in KC.

Oh and in that span of 2 wins for CLE... the Star Wars franchise released 3 new movies.
It didn't work for Dorsey because of his cap abilities and the fact that he repeatedly drafted projects instead of starters.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:54 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
It didn't work for Dorsey because of his cap abilities and the fact that he repeatedly drafted projects instead of starters.
Ok, will someone else own those things in CLE?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 01-26-2018
It's yet to be determined. Some people learn from their mistakes. Some people don't.

The Browns will have over $100 million in cap space this offseason. It should hide his deficiencies for a while if he hasn't learned.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM 01-26-2018
Meh. Dorsey has already fucked up massively by keeping Hue Jackson around, IMO. 1-31 is inexcusable.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:04 PM 01-26-2018
It's yet to be determined. Some people learn from their mistakes. Some people don't.

The Browns will have over $100 million in cap space this offseason. It should hide his deficiencies for a while if he hasn't learned.
And, that's kinda my point - if he's doing it all over again and calling the shots, why start off doing the same thing you did in KC?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 01-26-2018
And, that's kinda my point - if he's doing it all over again and calling the shots, why start off doing the same thing you did in KC?
Because the Browns need to win games. The ownership has proven that they will not give you 5 years to do it. Smith can bring them close to 8-8 and buy him time.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:08 PM 01-26-2018
Because the Browns need to win games. The ownership has proven that they will not give you 5 years to do it. Smith can bring them close to 8-8 and buy him time.
Not disagreeing and as I said, Smith would by far be the best thing they've seen since Kosar.. he would be a legend there. Those people are starved for wins. I'm just suggesting that I doubt Dorsey repeats his turnaround plans.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:17 PM 01-26-2018

CLE has some talent on offense and plenty of cap room/draft picks to add more. They have a good OL, Josh Gordon, Njoku...

Who would you rather have? Alex Smith as your starting QB for 1 year, or a high second round draft pick for the next 4?

One year of Alex Smith might be worth a 5th rounder to Cleveland and KC isn't going to give him away for that.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:20 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
CLE has some talent on offense and plenty of cap room/draft picks to add more. They have a good OL, Josh Gordon, Njoku...

Who would you rather have? Alex Smith as your starting QB for 1 year or a high second round draft pick for the next 4?

One year of Alex Smith might be worth a 5th rounder to Cleveland and KC isn't going to give him away for that.
If they're trying to develop their future franchise qb who isn't ready, then the 1 year with Alex Smith is more important than any of the other options you mentioned.
[Reply]
Page 1408 of 4891
« First < 40890813081358139814041405140614071408 140914101411141214181458150819082408 > Last »
Up