ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 541 of 662
« First < 41441491531537538539540541 542543544545551591641 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:01 PM 01-24-2018
UFC has a major star power problem.

Other than Connor, they really don't have anyone that can carry the promotion.

Dana should probably just cash out and walk away.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:44 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
LOL, he already cashed out, Dana and the Fertittas sold at the perfect time. He got paid literally hundreds of millions of dollars for his ownership stake, he's just a well-paid employee now, perhaps slowly accumulating new ownership shares that he can cash out of again later when WME-IMG sells.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:52 PM 01-27-2018
The coaches for the next TUF will be DC and Stipe Miocic. DC will try to become a 2-division champ in July.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:09 PM 01-27-2018
Brunson: "That was a long time ago, I'm a much better fighter now!"

*marches forward with his hands down and chin up, gets KTFO again*
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:19 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by alnorth:
The coaches for the next TUF will be DC and Stipe Miocic. DC will try to become a 2-division champ in July.
That's going to be an interesting fight.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:22 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That's going to be an interesting fight.
I also gotta hand it to Dana regarding TUF. After every season I think "ok, I'm sick of this show, I'm not watching the next season." then they announce the coaches and I'm like "ooh, never mind, I'm in."

Sometimes it runs dry, they don't have good options, and I can skip a couple seasons, but they do a pretty good job of hooking me back in on Wednesdays.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:35 PM 01-29-2018
I also gotta hand it to Dana regarding TUF. After every season I think "ok, I'm sick of this show, I'm not watching the next season." then they announce the coaches and I'm like "ooh, never mind, I'm in."

Sometimes it runs dry, they don't have good options, and I can skip a couple seasons, but they do a pretty good job of hooking me back in on Wednesdays.
Me too, the 2 worst seasons for me were Joanna/Claudia and TJ/Garbrandt. listening to dumb people run weak smack for 50 minutes and then a 10 minute fight makes it hard to watch.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:36 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
UFC has a major star power problem.

Other than Connor, they really don't have anyone that can carry the promotion.

Thanks, Bones.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:07 PM 01-31-2018
We got the UFC this weekend, but they aren't putting up much of an effort because obviously everyone's going to be focused on a different sporting event.

Saturday

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/7pm FS2/9pm FS1) - UFC Fight Night, Machida vs. Anders

This is kinda bad by UFC standards, but Brazil cards are usually bad so you gotta grade on a curve. Given that, its OK I guess.

11pm - (Fightpass) - Pancrase 293

Its Pancrase, Pancrase is bad and on in the middle of the night. If you can't sleep, I guess you can have this running on the background of your computer while you look up Super Bowl odds and stories.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:16 PM 02-01-2018
Anderson Silva's career is probably over.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/1...usada-mma-news

He tested positive for synthetic testosterone and for a diuretic. Since he's a repeat offender who popped for 2 separate banned substances in the same test, he could be facing up to 8 years suspension by USADA.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:38 PM 02-01-2018
Anderson Silva's career is probably over.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/1...usada-mma-news

He tested positive for synthetic testosterone and for a diuretic. Since he's a repeat offender who popped for 2 separate banned substances in the same test, he could be facing up to 8 years suspension by USADA.
He'll fight again at 48, just for the money, guaranteed.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:14 PM 02-02-2018
3 fighters on the main card, including Anders, missed weight. Reportedly it was because the crappy hotel the visiting fighters were put up at ran out of hot water last night so they couldn't do their weight cuts. (lol Brazil)

Anders was close enough that they gave him an extra hour this morning and he made it, but the other 2 weren't close. The Dodson-Munhoz fight is apparently off because of it.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:50 PM 02-02-2018
The UFC has decided not to pay Dodson his show money. He was scheduled to co-main the card, so I imagine the UFC was not happy when he decided to decline a non-title fight because of 4 pounds even though he was offered 20% of the guy's purse.

edit: The UFC decided to pay him a portion, but not all of his show money
[Reply]
alnorth 01:26 PM 02-03-2018
UFC 222 just lost its main event. FW champ Max Holloway is hurt and out.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:18 AM 02-04-2018
I'm not sure if anyone else watched that Brazil card, but if you did, then you saw one of Mario Yamasaki's worst-reffed fights ever. There was essentially no one in the cage to officiate.

I often joke with friends that Mario is the most bloodthirsty ref in the UFC, he's the very last guy who will ever stop a fight, you've got to be damn near dead before he'll start verbally warning you to fight back. He had the co-main between Valentina Shevchenko and some Brazilian girl called up from the B-leagues, and it was immediately obvious that this was going to be a one-sided beating.

Valentina got full mount 2 or 3 times, and a freaking crucifix position twice, and Mario calmly stood there and watched her beat the Brazilian chick into a bloody pulp. It got so bad the crowd was boo'ing a non-stoppage, even though it was their fighter getting beat. You could even see Valentina getting tired from punching, so she finally grabbed a neck and mercifully ended the fight.

The final punch stats were, and this is not a joke: 217 to 1. (Dana said 230-3 but it was worse than that)

Dana White was also not happy.

Priscilla Cachoeira, you showed so much heart and toughness in that fight. I’m honored to have you fight in the UFC. Unfortunately the ref is there to protect you and Mario DID NOT do that. This isn’t his first disgusting... https://t.co/z6eJWuKuME

— Dana White (@danawhite) February 4, 2018

[Reply]
Page 541 of 662
« First < 41441491531537538539540541 542543544545551591641 > Last »
Up