ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 65
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelvin Benjamin is available [and has signed with the Chiefs, but not really, just a dumbass bump]
BandwagonChiefsFan 06:47 PM 12-05-2018
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36043328028672
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:37 PM 12-08-2018
nothing wrong with a reclamation project; it's cheap and who knows? Sometimes it might work out.

West is a role player, and we have need of that role being played. Much smarter to get a guy we know, and who knows the offense, I think. He's not Hunt, but nobody is. He can do some things. It's a smart move.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:38 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Phsb2008:
Wonderlic score of 7. Good luck learning the playbook
That is pretty horrible. He's likely dumber than a box of rocks - but I don't like the wonderlic as a barometer of intelligence due to the fact that it's created on purpose to only allow 2-5% of the people who take it to be able to complete the whole thing. It benefits those who answer quick & impulsively and not analytically.

I've always been a good test taker. It was my strongest skill set in high school and college yet I was never done very quickly. I reflect quite a bit and read the question a few times before I answer. I would imagine I could struggle with the wonderlic for this very reason - even though I've scored high on the ACT and other standardized tests.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:45 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That is pretty horrible. He's likely dumber than a box of rocks - but I don't like the wonderlic as a barometer of intelligence due to the fact that it's created on purpose to only allow 2-5% of the people who take it to be able to complete the whole thing. It benefits those who answer quick & impulsively and not analytically.

I've always been a good test taker. It was my strongest skill set in high school and college yet I was never done very quickly. I reflect quite a bit and read the question a few times before I answer. I would imagine I could struggle with the wonderlic for this very reason - even though I've scored high on the ACT and other standardized tests.
I would think that the point of the test is to see how quickly you can come up with correct answers, which in theory correlates to decision making in a live Football game. But I could be wrong. I'll have to think about it...:-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:39 PM 12-08-2018
Big, physical, 83-inch wingspan. Minimal investment. Great pick up. Plenty of potential and the Chiefs lose nothing if it doesn't work out. (Reported salary for rest of season: $185K) This kind of potential seldom shows up this late in the year. Hope Andy & co. can work with him to extract that potential. Could be huge for third downs and the red zone. (BTW, despite some talk of weight issues, he did NOT look fat in his presser.) Here is his draft profile:

OVERVIEW

Highly recruited out of Florida prep power Glades Central, where he also played basketball. Played through a partially torn right knee ligament as a junior in 2009. Redshirted in '11. Played all 14 games in '12 and had 30 catches for 495 yards (16.5-yard average) and four touchdowns. Started all 14 games for the national champions in '13 when he led the ACC in touchdown receptions (including the game winner in the BCS Championship Game) by hauling in 54-1,011-15 (18.7).

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Possesses rare size with an 83-inch wingspan. Is a physical mismatch vs. defensive backs and linebackers. Eats cushion and separates with long strides. Strong approach to the ball -- is not easily knocked off course and will enter the middle on crossers. Outstanding jumpball catcher -- climbs the ladder, plucks the ball at its highest point and regularly snatches it out of the air with superb body control and the grace of a ballerina. Creates separation with his body. Adjusts surprisingly well for the low ball and tracks it well over his shoulder. Energetic football demeanor. Confident and competitive. Strong-handed. Uses his body well to shield the defender from the ball and can beat double coverage. Good run strength after the catch (see three tackles broken on TD run vs. Florida) and does not go down easy. Strong enough to handle defensive ends when motioned inside to chip and delivered some head-snapping, crackback blocks (see N.C. State). Emerged as a clutch, go-to, big-play receiver -- caught the game-winning TD in the national championship game vs. Auburn and consistently was targeted in critical situations and in the red zone. Scorched Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy and created mismatch problems from the slot.

WEAKNESSES Lacks elite, top-end speed and many catches are contested. Hand use could improve releasing vs. tight, press coverage. Overly grabby. Is not yet a nuanced route runner and does not sink his hips and pop in and out of his breaks. Does not shake many defenders after the catch. Will make the easy concentration drop and focus could stand to improve at the break point (three drops vs. Florida). Seeks to run before securing the ball and double-catches more than he should. Blocking effort/sustainability has room to improve on the move. Has a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump and recorded the slowest 60-yard shuttle time (12.10 seconds) of any receiver at the combine.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

BOTTOM LINE A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/kelvin-benjamin?id=2543471
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:44 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Big, physical, 83-inch wingspan. Minimal investment. Great pick up. Plenty of potential and the Chiefs lose nothing if it doesn't work out. (Reported salary for rest of season: $185K) This kind of potential seldom shows up this late in the year. Hope Andy & co. can work with him to extract that potential. Could be huge for third downs and the red zone. (BTW, he did NOT look fat in his presser.) Here is his draft profile:

OVERVIEW

Highly recruited out of Florida prep power Glades Central, where he also played basketball. Played through a partially torn right knee ligament as a junior in 2009. Redshirted in '11. Played all 14 games in '12 and had 30 catches for 495 yards (16.5-yard average) and four touchdowns. Started all 14 games for the national champions in '13 when he led the ACC in touchdown receptions (including the game winner in the BCS Championship Game) by hauling in 54-1,011-15 (18.7).

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Possesses rare size with an 83-inch wingspan. Is a physical mismatch vs. defensive backs and linebackers. Eats cushion and separates with long strides. Strong approach to the ball -- is not easily knocked off course and will enter the middle on crossers. Outstanding jumpball catcher -- climbs the ladder, plucks the ball at its highest point and regularly snatches it out of the air with superb body control and the grace of a ballerina. Creates separation with his body. Adjusts surprisingly well for the low ball and tracks it well over his shoulder. Energetic football demeanor. Confident and competitive. Strong-handed. Uses his body well to shield the defender from the ball and can beat double coverage. Good run strength after the catch (see three tackles broken on TD run vs. Florida) and does not go down easy. Strong enough to handle defensive ends when motioned inside to chip and delivered some head-snapping, crackback blocks (see N.C. State). Emerged as a clutch, go-to, big-play receiver -- caught the game-winning TD in the national championship game vs. Auburn and consistently was targeted in critical situations and in the red zone. Scorched Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy and created mismatch problems from the slot.

WEAKNESSES Lacks elite, top-end speed and many catches are contested. Hand use could improve releasing vs. tight, press coverage. Overly grabby. Is not yet a nuanced route runner and does not sink his hips and pop in and out of his breaks. Does not shake many defenders after the catch. Will make the easy concentration drop and focus could stand to improve at the break point (three drops vs. Florida). Seeks to run before securing the ball and double-catches more than he should. Blocking effort/sustainability has room to improve on the move. Has a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump and recorded the slowest 60-yard shuttle time (12.10 seconds) of any receiver at the combine.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

BOTTOM LINE A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/kelvin-benjamin?id=2543471

Taking a flyer hoping he hasn't turned into Jonathan Baldwin
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:48 PM 12-08-2018
Does he like BBQ and Buffets? Can he out eat Fat Andy?
[Reply]
JakeF 04:51 PM 12-08-2018
Treat him like a Tightend and he might turnout to be productive.

Jimmy Graham isn't worth a damn when you treat him like a Tightend.

Maybe how we treat Benjamin will make a difference. He's not quick enough to go up against CBs but maybe going up against linebackers and safeties will help with his lack of quickness.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:52 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Treat him like a Tightend and he might turnout to be productive.
Exactly
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:54 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Does he like BBQ and Buffets? Can he out eat Fat Andy?
I do and I can. But I'm not a 240lb, 6'5", 27 year old that went over 1000 yds in my NFL rookie season (with 9 TDs). :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:49 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Buffalo paid meaningfully more for Phillip Gaines this year than we will pay for KB on an annualized basis. Let that sink in.

[Reply]
penchief 11:13 AM 12-09-2018
He's got the physical traits to create another matchup problem for defenses.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:50 PM 12-09-2018
looks like good insurance with us getting banged up...
[Reply]
Schnitzel 02:07 PM 12-09-2018
Can he play LB?
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:30 PM 12-09-2018
was he on the sidelines today? I dont remember the tv ever pointing him out, they did a berry shot
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:34 PM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
was he on the sidelines today? I dont remember the tv ever pointing him out, they did a berry shot
He is studying the playbook and training in the Hart dungeon.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 65
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up