ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 35
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens.
Direckshun 12:34 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens are a uniquely weird team in Week 14 of the NFL season.

They're weird because their QB position is a great unknown.

Joe Flacco is, of course, the world's most underwhelming Super Bowl MVP, and has sucked this year. We know who he is, we have millions of hours of underwhelming tape to depressingly watch. And he returned to practice this week, but did not play, Eric Berry style.

But that might change. He may see the field.

Which is interesting, because their backup QB, Lamar Jackson, a 1st round selection by the Ravens (albeit with the 32nd pick), is a very weird player. He runs, and runs, and runs with the ball. His completion percentage is a not-terrible 60%. And he's only played three weeks, so tape on him is slim.

We know this: he is fast, he is not afraid to run the ball, and he's a damn gazelle when he does.

The good news: we can probably spy him. His weapons are bleak. Alex Collins is his #1 RB, and he's averaging 3.6 yards a carry. His #1 receiver is John Brown, who initially looked like Tyreek Hill when he first hit the league, but has since statistically slowed down and is now just a good receiver with very difficult speed to account for. Michael Crabtree is their #2 alongside Willie Snead, and Tyreek Hill has more yardage than both of those guys combined, but Crabtree has had good games against us in the past.

As a result, the Ravens are still somehow 13th in the league in yardage, they are averaging 25 points a game.

The Ravens have good pass protection, as they've only given up like 25 sacks or something like that. Ronnie Stanley is their LT.

But really, the Ravens offense wins by trying to run the ball, passing decently, and then letting Lamar Jackson get creative.

As far as the defense is concerned.................. biggest test of the year right here folks.

#1 rated defense in yardage (they're allowing under 300 yards/game).
#1 rated defense in points (they're allowing 17 points/game).

I think it's safe to say we're going to beat those averages but they should still slow us down pretty significantly. I don't know if Patty will have another 4 TD game here.

The Ravens get good pressure on the QB -- they're 9th in the league in sacks, and the pressure comes from everywhere. Suggs has always played well against us but he only has 5.5 this year. They blitz a good amount.

Simply put, the Ravens pass defense will be the biggest challenge Mahomes faces all year. They're allowing under 200 yards passing all season. Eric Weddle is a goddamn general at the back of their defense, and they've got a solid corner or two despite the fact that none of their corners are true ballhawks. Brandon Carr will make a rare appearance against the Chiefs, which is whatever, but he's apparently playing well.

The Ravens have a mean defensive line, and maybe the meanest NT in the league in Brandon Williams. I'm willing to bet they drop everyone in coverage, smother Kelce, and dare Spencer Ware to beat their DL. That's a very tall order, and I don't think our run game is up to the challenge. Mahomes will need to tap every ounce of his MVP talent to get yardage.

In special teams, they have arguably the greatest kicker in modern NFL history in Justin Tucker. They've had one punt return for a TD.

They're 7-5. They're on a three game win streak. Lamar Jackson has started all three games.

Their wins: Bills, Broncos, @Steelers, @Titans, Bengals (no Dalton), Raiders, @Falcons
Losses: @Bengals (Dalton), @Browns, Saints, @Panthers, Steelers

That schedule is all over the place. They beat Pitt in Pitt, but pathetically lose to the Browns. The most damning game on the schedule is the Saints game, where they only lost by a point.

How is this team so good? I've asked before. They have no elite talent on offense and are still racking up yardage and point. They have a damn good defense but don't intercept the ball and they don't have any sack masters like the Chiefs do.

What is going on?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 12-03-2018
This game worries me. Ravens have a damn good defense.

Saints, Steelers, Falcons all held under 25 points.

Our defense completely sucks too. All Jackson has to do is throw it up to a receiver and Scandrick or Nelson will fuck it up.

It’s gonna be close
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:14 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

0-1?!?! It's a trend!
Yea I thought that was funny too.

Then again we are averaging 40 points a game without Hunt!
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:14 AM 12-03-2018
Not worried about this game at all. Mahomes will have us score 30+ and the D will do just enough. There's simply no fucking way in the National Passing League Pat Mahomes is losing at home to Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:17 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This game worries me. Ravens have a damn good defense.

Saints, Steelers, Falcons all held under 25 points.

Our defense completely sucks too. All Jackson has to do is throw it up to a receiver and Scandrick or Nelson will **** it up.

It’s gonna be close
Well if anytime would be a good time for BDB to come back and save the season and the franchise. This would be it.
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:18 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens are a worse version of Denver. They don't really have dominant pass rush like Denver has or a dominant pass rusher like Arizona has. They have a worse passing offense than Denver but Jackson gives them another layer to their running game,which appears to be RBBC. Terrell Suggs is Tamba in 2015. They will try to control the time of possession and keep the offense off the field.

The offense needs to be efficient and the defense needs to be better against the run. I'd put a spy on Jackson the entire game personally.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:20 AM 12-03-2018
This is one we very well might lose, giving up 250 yards on the ground.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:21 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Well if anytime would be a good time for BDB to come back and save the season and the franchise. This would be it.
The Chargers game would actually be better than the Ravens but the Patriots or Rams game would have been better than both.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:22 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Jackson has 2 TD in 3 games, completing less than 60 percent.

We stop the run we win.
Which means stopping him too as he has 265 yds rushing and 2 rushing td's in those 3 games as well.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:23 AM 12-03-2018
Baltimore won’t be scared of Arrowhead by any means, they’ve always been a tough team under Harbaugh. But the rookie QB is more of a running back at this point.

Gotta play a lot of zone coverage. Keep eyes on Jackson and make him throw into tight windows. Make him beat you with his arm, he won’t.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:28 AM 12-03-2018
IF Berry comes back this week it helps our run defense tremendously and they wont beat us throwing the ball with Jackson or Flacco for that matter.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:31 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Baltimore won’t be scared of Arrowhead by any means, they’ve always been a tough team under Harbaugh. But the rookie QB is more of a running back at this point.

Gotta play a lot of zone coverage. Keep eyes on Jackson and make him throw into tight windows. Make him beat you with his arm, he won’t.
This Defense stop something? :-)

The Chiefs need to put up over 40 and put the pressure on a rookie QB to match it. That's how they win it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:33 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

The Chiefs need to put up over 40 and put the pressure on a rookie QB to match it. That's how they win it.
The last rookie QB they played at Arrowhead got his shit pushed in. I won’t rule it out here either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

The pressure is going to have to come from the inside because I think we’re going to have to try and contain Jackson in the pocket with our OLBs
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
The pressure is going to have to come from the inside because I think we’re going to have to try and contain Jackson in the pocket with our OLBs
I honestly wouldn't try to pressure him. Play zone, keep contain, and make him beat you with his arm.

I'm really not worried about this game at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly wouldn't try to pressure him. Play zone, keep contain, and make him beat you with his arm.

I'm really not worried about this game at all.
I have a feeling that’s what Sutton is going to do. Sell out to stop the run and dare Jackson to beat you with his arm.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 35
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up