ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 25
« First < 111718192021 22232425 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs targeted, but by who?
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:40 AM 12-01-2018
5 weeks left in the season and then playoffs. The release of the video was a deliberate conspiracy to sabatoge the Chiefs season knowing this would be an automatic 6 game exemption. With the underhanded things the Patriots have been caught doing in the past, it would make a person wonder.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:23 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Backing up a bit...

The premise of this post was around who released the video and why. Does anyone really think that some team was just sitting on the availability of this tape or the opportunity to make it available... just in case the Chiefs did well?

I really do not get the mentality around the league being out "to get" or "target" any specific team.

Some team - no. The NFL directed by Goodell to engineer a smooth passage for the LA teams - quite possibly.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:40 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Some team - no. The NFL directed by Goodell to engineer a smooth passage for the LA teams - quite possibly.
Yes, Goodell decided it was wise to sabatoge what appears to be one of the most fun offenses to watch, coming off a near record MNF showdown with said Rams.

If anything - I would think they say "Hey, this is the kinda crazy we want in the SB."

I think some are just riddled with PTSD from decades of getting nut punched by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by milkshock:
TMZ released the video, not the NFL.

The most likely scenario is that a building employee copied the video and decided that making $300K from TMZ was better than getting paid $12 an hour.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:48 PM 12-05-2018
I really do not get the mentality around the league being out "to get" or "target" any specific team.
Well, of COURSE YOU wouldn't... I mean, isn't it apparent that the Broncos are one of the chosen teams which never get bad calls?

They really did let the Broncos rough up Cam in the SuperBowl, and the first game of the next year.

I'm pretty sure it was the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers AND Broncos that are responsible.
[Reply]
tooge 03:50 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The most likely scenario is that a building employee copied the video and decided that making $300K from TMZ was better than getting paid $12 an hour.
This. It's the only scenario if you ask me. It took a while for them to come forward, then it took a while to get all the legal shit done to make it anonymous. Nobody is out to screw the Chiefs season. Is the NFL full of agenda BS? You bet it is. Is this part of it? Nope. Kareem Hunt screwed himself and the Chiefs, and some schmo at the hotel in Cleveland profits because of it.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:52 PM 12-05-2018

Totally the most plausible reasoning.

Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Well, of COURSE YOU wouldn't... I mean, isn't it apparent that the Broncos are one of the chosen teams which never get bad calls?

They really did let the Broncos rough up Cam in the SuperBowl, and the first game of the next year.

I'm pretty sure it was the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers AND Broncos that are responsible.
Cam has been roughed up like that several times in recent years. Hell, there was a lot of whining going on about it from him, his team... others that all have talked about how he took a beating for a long stretch.

Denver gets bad calls against them... don't be silly.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:54 PM 12-05-2018
Denver gets bad calls against them... don't be silly.
Why not? The whole premise of this thread is just that... Silly.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:06 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
No, you fat fucking waste of skin, those of us who are actually able to use our brains for something other than blasting holes in our refrigerators can see that a conspiracy of this magnitude and involving the number of people it would take to pull off is impossible. It also isn't worth the potential loss to the NFL if proof was shown that the games were fixed.

You and the rest of your retarded ilk are just giant weeping vaginas who can't stand the fact that sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way. You need to believe that there is something nefarious going on against your team to explain their losing.
Who the fuck ever said you needed "1000's of people" to fix this league? Must be you alone, because no one over here said shit about such a dumb supposition. Let's try this one more fucking time and see if takes:

How do you create plausible deniability and sealed lips? By keeping the circle SMALL. That would be your referees. And as I explained earlier, not everyone in that small group is on the take; you don't NEED an entire cabal of corrupt zebras to make this work week in, week out. And if you have to sacrifice one those officials to the unemployment line when the necessary, blatant, and horrendous calls must be made? Who gives a fuck?! They're nobodies! NO ONE CARES! They're never seen or heard from again, no wrongful termination lawsuits are filed, and that's the end of it. Game over. And I'm sure that's all spelled out quite clearly in their contracts; once you're out, you're out, and you've signed away any legal recourse when you took the job.

It's the perfect, untraceable setup. No one is going to talk, no one is going to write a book or sue; you try it, and they will wreck your universe.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:13 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-).... the conspiracy grows..... :-)
You accuse him of moving goalposts, yet he called his shot before the season started.

Consistency, please?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:16 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Who the fuck ever said you needed "1000's of people" to fix this league? Must be you alone, because no one over here said shit about such a dumb supposition. Let's try this one more fucking time and see if takes:

How do you create plausible deniability and sealed lips? By keeping the circle SMALL. That would be your referees. And as I explained earlier, not everyone in that small group is on the take; you don't NEED an entire cabal of corrupt zebras to make this work week in, week out. And if you have to sacrifice one those officials to the unemployment line when the necessary, blatant, and horrendous calls must be made? Who gives a fuck?! They're nobodies! NO ONE CARES! They're never seen or heard from again, no wrongful termination lawsuits are filed, and that's the end of it. Game over. And I'm sure that's all spelled out quite clearly in their contracts; once you're out, you're out, and you've signed away any legal recourse when you took the job.

It's the perfect, untraceable setup. No one is going to talk, no one is going to write a book or sue; you try it, and they will wreck your universe.
That is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever typed on here which is saying a lot. The league is using the officials to fix games and if they fire an official nobody will talk, because reasons. What a stupid take.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:31 PM 12-05-2018
That is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever typed on here which is saying a lot. The league is using the officials to fix games and if they fire an official nobody will talk, because reasons. What a stupid take.
You have to live in a world where either a) everyone is willing to be a criminal if money is involved or b) refs come from some other tribe which isn't wired the same as the normal people we know - 95% of whom just want to put in an honest day's work, feel good about themselves, and set a good example for their kids.

If I was rigging games I would have an ulcer every damn day that I was gonna get caught. It wouldn't be worth it. Now factor in many of these guys have successful jobs/businesses outside football. But they're willing to risk all that and felony federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison for a few extra $k on gamedays - wired to some account that the IRS never finds out about - and communicated over some super secret method that no one ever finds out about. I guess their wives never look at their phones. Or are the wives in on it too? What about the kids? Do they get told on their 18th birthday or something?

Makes me wonder if some of the paranoid types aren't secretly wanna-be or actual scam artists.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:37 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
So let's lay out what needs to happen to possibly convince you:
  • Take on a little project of examining Vegas lines and totals etc. as suggested above.
  • Read a book once in awhile,instead of playing on the computer,my suggestion would be Interference:How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football by Dan Moldea for starters.
  • Watch the video of above author and host Keith Olberman(in this very thread) where even the great Dick Butkus said,"this book is about everyone I know and all true" and that his story was even verified.
  • Make another list of previous sports betting/fixing scandals and research and see how it was even possible that they could happen.
  • Take the NFL and media dick out of your mouth long enough to do these things and who knows.
I've watched the Olbermann video. It's pretty vague and the guy's assertion that he knows games were fixed stop at what the 70s?

Almost the entire video is based on a theory that the NFL claims to be entertainment so they can't get sued if their massive game-rigging system ever gets exposed. At least I think that's what the author was trying to get at. These guys always like to leave things kind of vague and just wink at the expected conclusion. Same like Cam rigged his own Superbowl loss. It sounds a lot more ridiculous when you actually state the conclusion out loud.

Could it happen with one rogue ref or player? Of course. It happened in basketball. The players also made a hell of a lot less money in Butkus' day. They weren't risking throwing away $millions to fix a game.

Is it the big organized conspiracy amongst a ton of refs and major sports books? No that's ridiculous. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:07 PM 12-05-2018
:-)

Would you prefer no reasons so that you can fill in your own blanks for why it doesn't work?

Talk about a stupid post.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:46 PM 12-05-2018

The most likely scenario is that a Cleveland cop copied the video and decided that making $300K from TMZ was better than getting paid his salary.
Fifu
[Reply]
milkshock 01:59 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by tooge:
This. It's the only scenario if you ask me. It took a while for them to come forward, then it took a while to get all the legal shit done to make it anonymous. Nobody is out to screw the Chiefs season. Is the NFL full of agenda BS? You bet it is. Is this part of it? Nope. Kareem Hunt screwed himself and the Chiefs, and some schmo at the hotel in Cleveland profits because of it.

Already been alleged that the nfl obtained a copy of the tape via the Cleveland PD way back.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 25
« First < 111718192021 22232425 >
Up