Page 52 of 298
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Best22 09:35 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
IMO we were getting it done as early as last year. I would consider holding the Steelers potent offense to 18 points is getting it done, but the shit offense has to score more.
I can’t blame that playoff game on Sutton.

As for the 4-3, we’ve use those looks. We basically used a 4-3 a ton vs the Raiders and it worked beautifully.

Can’t see us going to it full time. Reggie Ragland is probably our best young player on defense and he is absolutely not a fit for a 4-3. He was horrible in that role in Buffalo. Would hate to switch and waste such a good young talent.
The playoff performance by the defense last year was poor. They forced one punt. They got pushed around. Pushed all over the field

I'm sure the defensive players would be the first to tell you how upset they were with their own play. It was maddeningly bad defense vs the Steelers in the playoffs and it cost us the game as much as the offensive failures
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:35 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
Bob Sutton didnt leave with a sad state of a pass rush and suspect linebacking John Dorsey did.
Sutton keeps dropping Houston into coverage, he's the only man on earth who thinks that's a good idea, when it is in fact fucking stupid. He's the only man alive who thinks Houston is better, on balance, in coverage than Houston getting some level of pressure...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:44 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
Chiefs fans are more about the feel good stories and bullshit than that are about the playoffs.

See all the bullshit about wanting to cut Peters. If they would be more focused on getting better vs making sure guys like DJ are sent off on a high note. We might fucking actually win something meaningful.
There is some truth to what you say, but I'm one on the shit-on-Peters wagon. As much as I'm all about winning, I won't/can't accept it if it comes in the form of a player who won't stand for the anthem. He has options, but not to disgustingly insult my country for a non-cause.

The rest of the stuff I'm usually pretty OK with, just not unAmerican cowards.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:56 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So who do you replace Sutton with?

Gibbs?
Pettine?
Rex?

Sutton needs to go but Andy will flinch at the thought...
This year or next? If it's this year I'd rather just cross my fingers and hope he notes his success in Oakland and San Diego with a blitzing defense. I don't want a stopgap only to replace that person next year. If it's Ryan or Pettine, I'm not impressed with either of those options and wouldn't want either long term.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:59 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
The playoff performance by the defense last year was poor. They forced one punt. They got pushed around. Pushed all over the field

I'm sure the defensive players would be the first to tell you how upset they were with their own play. It was maddeningly bad defense vs the Steelers in the playoffs and it cost us the game as much as the offensive failures
Its really hard to scheme around Terrance Smith and ramik Wilson as your best ILBs. Our front 7 was annihilated last year. Lost 4 of our 7 (Bailey, Howard, dj, mauga). Can't get upset about last year. This year while personnel could be better, the biggest flaw is scheme.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 PM 12-25-2017
Defense has been pretty good down the stretch

Had a few shitty games though
[Reply]
Best22 10:22 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Its really hard to scheme around Terrance Smith and ramik Wilson as your best ILBs. Our front 7 was annihilated last year. Lost 4 of our 7 (Bailey, Howard, dj, mauga). Can't get upset about last year. This year while personnel could be better, the biggest flaw is scheme.
I agree, but to say it was "good" defense is a stretch.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:27 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
I agree, but to say it was "good" defense is a stretch.
In years past? Our defense was better than good. Oakland and San Diego? Very good. Much of this defense, yeah, totally different story. Not very good. We didn't do bad last year against Pittsburgh given the defensive personnel.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:47 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
There is some truth to what you say, but I'm one on the shit-on-Peters wagon. As much as I'm all about winning, I won't/can't accept it if it comes in the form of a player who won't stand for the anthem. He has options, but not to disgustingly insult my country for a non-cause.

The rest of the stuff I'm usually pretty OK with, just not unAmerican cowards.
Take that shit to DC...

The main forum is about football
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:49 PM 12-25-2017
Chiefs fans are more about the feel good stories and bullshit than that are about the playoffs.

See all the bullshit about wanting to cut Peters. If they would be more focused on getting better vs making sure guys like DJ are sent off on a high note. We might fucking actually win something meaningful.
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Take that shit to DC...

I was addressing the comment. Bite me!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:52 PM 12-25-2017
Take that shit to DC...

Shut up
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:54 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I was addressing the comment. Bite me!
Well hell, it is Christmas, but cmon man...

Keep political shit in the political thread, don't tarnish the purity of good ol' football talk in the lounge...
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:55 PM 12-25-2017
Well hell, it is Christmas, but cmon man...

Keep political shit in the political thread, don't tarnish the purity of good ol' football talk in the lounge...

You’re funny.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:56 PM 12-25-2017
Shut up
What?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:57 PM 12-25-2017
What?

Sarcasm. Merry Christmas!
[Reply]