Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
notorious 09:16 PM 12-03-2018
Seek help.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:18 PM 12-03-2018
We need a fast MLB who can tackle and cover RBs out of the backfield.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:24 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Cowboys defense comes from Jaylon Smith that dude plays like a bad ass motherfucker.
Vander Esch gets all the press but Smith is the better player. He's a fucking missile.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:28 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We need a fast MLB who can tackle and cover RBs out of the backfield.
Too bad DJ was our entire run defense, but that boat has sailed
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:59 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Too bad DJ was our entire run defense, but that boat has sailed
At this point I would not be opposed to get DJ’s broke ass into Arrowhead. He couldn’t be much worse than Hitchens/Ragland at this point....
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:27 AM 12-06-2018
I just listened to Chris Simms on his podcast talk about how he watched the film vs. Oakland and nothing we do/call on defense makes any sense. Says sometimes we don’t even the numbers right on who to cover on each side of the field, we call different coverages all the time for seemingly no reason, blah blah blah.

Damn it man. I just know Sutton and this defense is going to cost us another playoff game. Probably the first one.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:31 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
At this point I would not be opposed to get DJ’s broke ass into Arrowhead. He couldn’t be much worse than Hitchens/Ragland at this point....
I don't know why they haven't brought him back yet.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:34 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I don't know why they haven't brought him back yet.
Because the narrative was that all Bob needed was younger, superior talent...

Yeah, that’s working out so well. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:36 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Because the narrative was that all Bob needed was younger, superior talent...

Yeah, that’s working out so well. :-)
Hitchens/Ragland is "younger/superior" to WHAT!?

where did we get younger AND better?

Veach spent every pick on defense and STILL had to bring Ron Parker back week 1.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:38 AM 12-06-2018
I just listened to Chris Simms on his podcast talk about how he watched the film vs. Oakland and nothing we do/call on defense makes any sense. Says sometimes we don’t even the numbers right on who to cover on each side of the field, we call different coverages all the time for seemingly no reason, blah blah blah.

Damn it man. I just know Sutton and this defense is going to cost us another playoff game. Probably the first one.
Chris Simms has another dude's initials tattooed on his body.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:47 AM 12-06-2018

You'd think this would be an eye opener for the dumbasses who still think Sutton is a good coordinator and the fault is 100% on the players. He isn't the first qualified person to question what the hell is going on with the defense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:47 AM 12-06-2018

Nah. It's the talent, man.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:48 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Hitchens/Ragland is "younger/superior" to WHAT!?

where did we get younger AND better?

Veach spent every pick on defense and STILL had to bring Ron Parker back week 1.
We haven’t gotten younger AND better in many areas. But we were supposed to.

Hence why Bob Sutton and his shit scheme needs to kick rocks.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:50 AM 12-06-2018
I will say that the inside linebackers have played with such little aggression that it makes me sick. I don’t even know why or how.

Last year, Hitchens and Ragland were ass kickers. They blew up plays at and behind the LOS. Now they play hesitant.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 12-06-2018
I will say that the inside linebackers have played with such little aggression that it makes me sick. I don’t even know why or how.

Last year, Hitchens and Ragland were ass kickers. They blew up plays at and behind the LOS. Now they play hesitant.
They don't play hesitant - they play stupid.

I saw this clip earlier this week and it's the single best example of seen of how un!@#$ing believably braindead our defense is.

Why does the run defense suck? #1 -- Having a box safety that won't attack a block with three players in the same gap and they all get in each other's way, allowing the running back to spin out with no backside pursuit. pic.twitter.com/VkMmDeF0WG

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) October 30, 2018

Look at Hitchens there - he's 'attacking' he's just attacking into a hole that A) Isn't his responsibility and B) he has no chance of actually getting to.

The mind-numbing stupidity and complete lack of discipline in this play is hilarious. If the guy just stands in his !@#$ing gap, this is a no-gain. And people complain about how complicated the scheme is - that's basic 'flow/fill' stuff. That's all he has to do; flow and fill his gap. He just refuses to do it and instead dives into a gap that already has 2 other guys in it, they all manage to take themselves out and there's a WIDE open cutback lane.

And as a cherry on top, look at that pussy Ron Parker just standing there waiting for someone to come get him. Nice work, bud. Way to really bring the lumber and blow that play up.

And this happens every single week. They just keep blowing the same basic stuff. These are defensive designs that should work but these guys are playing with their heads firmly wedged up their asses.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 298
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Up