Page 150 of 298
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Problem is, I don't know that it will change any. They felt so deflated yesterday that it wouldn't surprise me if they finished 1-3, got the 5 seed and lost in that first round.

I hate that it is that way, but this just seems like a season killing kind of thing.
Looks like you've been infected too!

They aren't losing 3 games down the stretch man. Take a pill.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 12-03-2018
Jones has the flash plays but it reminds me a little of Kolton Wong being a home run hitter.

Yeah, that's great. But I don't need to trying to hit 40 home runs. Same with Jones. I don't need you to lead the league in sacks. Play disciplined football.
Maybe.

But y'know...maybe lead the league in sacks.

I get it, our answer is always "just do your job" but there are a lot of guys who don't have Jones' ability who can do that and pick up some of his slack. Meanwhile, there aren't a lot of guys that can get 10+ sacks as an interior defender. I'm okay letting him steer into the skid a bit there and I'd probably live with it.

I just wish we got more consistent spade work from the guys around him so he can lean on those gifts a little more.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 12-03-2018
Chris Jones has always been that on and off guy he was that guy in college too.
[Reply]
mcaj22 11:25 AM 12-03-2018
Andy has had attitude on his Philly defenses in the past. Trotter, BDawk, Hugh Douglas, that one season of Babin, Asante Samuel(the original Peters), Bobby Taylor, etc

This team needs a Trotter
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 12-03-2018
That's why I'd trade for Jalen Ramsey.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Looks like you've been infected too!

They aren't losing 3 games down the stretch man. Take a pill.
If they were gonna fuck up and lose it was yesterday from being emotionally drained.

I don't think they'll lose home games and 3 of the final 4 are at home.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Outside of Chris Jones, I don't see a single guy on the defense with "attitude".
Eric Berry. We need his leadership badly. Entire defense plays better with him.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 12-03-2018
They need to either draft or sign a couple of guys who bring attitude, like it or not that needs to change.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:30 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If they were gonna **** up and lose it was yesterday from being emotionally drained.

I don't think they'll lose home games and 3 of the final 4 are at home.
This.

They're not losing to the Ravens at home, Chargers at home on a short week, or Raiders at home (unless the game is meaningless and Andy doesn't play starters).

The only game they might lose is the Seattle game (on the road, tough environment, Seahags fighting for playoff spot), but they should still be favored in that one too . . . . .
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:32 AM 12-03-2018
Problem is, I don't know that it will change any. They felt so deflated yesterday that it wouldn't surprise me if they finished 1-3, got the 5 seed and lost in that first round.

I hate that it is that way, but this just seems like a season killing kind of thing.
Chargers TNF game could very well make or break the season for us. Win and it's all good. Lose and we're staring down the barrel of possibly being the 5th seed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Chargers TNF game could very well make or break the season for us. Win and it's all good. Lose and we're staring down the barrel of possibly being the 5th seed.
Which makes this Ravens game pivotal. The Chargers are 9-3 and get the Bengals this week.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:36 AM 12-03-2018
It's frustrating how Pittsburgh blew that game yesterday.
[Reply]
notorious 11:38 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This.

They're not losing to the Ravens at home, Chargers at home on a short week, or Raiders at home (unless the game is meaningless and Andy doesn't play starters).

The only game they might lose is the Seattle game (on the road, tough environment, Seahags fighting for playoff spot), but they should still be favored in that one too . . . . .
Seattle loves the deep ball, and the Chiefs suck at defending it.

I don’t see the Chiefs beating Seattle in Seattle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Which makes this Ravens game pivotal. The Chargers are 9-3 and get the Bengals this week.
Eh....not really.

Lose the Ravens game and beat the Chargers and you're still a game up on them WITH the tiebreak. Lose to the Seahawks and you still have the tiebreak.

For the 1 seed, yeah the Ravens game is critical. But every game is critical. For the 2 seed? Uh...well, I guess the Texans could steal that 2 spot but the Steelers just Chargered their way out of the running there, IMO.

The Chargers game is the season. Win and you're set up nicely for everything apart from maybe a struggle to hang onto the 1 given NE's shit schedule. Lose and you're likely playing every post-season game on the road (and probably just gonna go lose to Indy in the Wild Card round somehow...because Chiefs).
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's frustrating how Pittsburgh blew that game yesterday.
Except that Pittsburgh has no shot at catching the Chiefs now and can beat the Patriots.

It all comes down to the Chiefs beating the Chargers at Arrowhead on a short week.

It's all shaped up nicely. The only thing that derails it is a Chiefs loss and quite frankly, if they lose, they deserve it.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 298
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Up