Page 144 of 298
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:48 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Never been a Sutton advocate. I just didn't think he's the #1 problem. Still don't as a matter of fact. I think the talent level is terrible.

But when a defense is this bad, sometimes you have to go scorched earth. I don't see how they can't fire Sutton, for PR if nothing else.
Sutton is at best just part of the problem. The safeties and ILBs are just bad.

But people have to realize that this team is 2nd or 3rd in point differential in the league. There is no such thing in this league as scoring 40 points against pretty much any team and only allowing peanuts.
[Reply]
TRR 08:49 AM 12-03-2018
Never been a Sutton advocate. I just didn't think he's the #1 problem. Still don't as a matter of fact. I think the talent level is terrible.

But when a defense is this bad, sometimes you have to go scorched earth. I don't see how they can't fire Sutton, for PR if nothing else.
I wouldn’t go as far as saying the talent level is terrible. There’s talent on the D side of the ball. My frustration with Sutton is the year over year problems with the simple things. Tackling has been atrocious under Bob. Run fits have been atrocious under Bob. Communication in the backfield has been atrocious under Bob. And it isn’t and hasn’t gotten any better.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:50 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Great! How many times has Oakland scored 30 this season?
Twice now, Everybody else except the Browns kept them under 30.Sutton needs to go.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:51 AM 12-03-2018
Did the Chiefs lose?

PATHETIC retort, Bob. Completely unacceptable. Right up there with "all he does is win".
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:52 AM 12-03-2018
"B-b-but the safeties are so bad." Mother****er, get them off the field then. You've got Jordan Lucas, who's at least competent. USE HIM!!! Stop giving Ron Parker a free ride just because he's a veteran. He is horrible at everything he does and he continues to play all of or near 100% of the snaps every game.
[Reply]
El Jefe 08:52 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Sutton is at best just part of the problem. The safeties and ILBs are just bad.

But people have to realize that this team is 2nd or 3rd in point differential in the league. There is no such thing in this league as scoring 40 points against pretty much any team and only allowing peanuts.
I agree, and its the same sentiment with the Buckeyes. People at times get pissed off with the Buckeyes because we can score so quickly, and while that is great, during a normal game, our opponents get the ball a ton more than a game against a team that wants to control possession and grind out long drives. The Buckeyes scored at will on Michigan, but they gave up a lot of points, we had 2 TD's and a FG within 6 minutes, and Michigan had the ball twice in that period. The bad thing about a fast scoring offense if your defense is on the field a lot more, so they will give up more yards, points and plays.
[Reply]
TEX 08:53 AM 12-03-2018

Yea - that's how I feel as well. When bad shit keeps happening, and you're in charge, it's time for a change at the top. However, yesterday he actually called a decent game. One play pretty much epitomizes what you're saying - He had the absolute PERFECT defense called yesterday, late in the 4th qtr. with that Murray Safety Blitz. Murray was there so quickly, that he actually had time to adjust to anything the RB did. Should have been a 5 yard loss. However, Murray whiffed BIG TIME and the RB ran for 30 + yards and a 1st down. It was the key play on the Raiders scoring drive. You can't draw it up any better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by TRR:
I wouldn’t go as far as saying the talent level is terrible. There’s talent on the D side of the ball. My frustration with Sutton is the year over year problems with the simple things. Tackling has been atrocious under Bob. Run fits have been atrocious under Bob. Communication in the backfield has been atrocious under Bob. And it isn’t and hasn’t gotten any better.
Year over year.

You mean like when the defense was top 5 in points against 3 years in a row?

I don't even want to get into this because it makes me feel dirty defending Sutton but you guys have to look at reality.

This defense wasn't just good, it was GREAT and that was WITH Bob Sutton. Healthy Poe, healthy Berry, healthy Houston - healthy defense. That doesn't excuse Bob because he has to do better with what he has but what Dorsey and Veach have assembled to date isn't good enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
PATHETIC retort, Bob. Completely unacceptable. Right up there with "all he does is win".
Give me a break.

I was responding to "How many times has Oakland scored 30 this season?" Which as we both know is equally pathetic. Oakland doesn't get style points, this isn't soccer of the FBS.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
"B-b-but the safeties are so bad." Mother****er, get them off the field then. You've got Jordan Lucas, who's at least competent. USE HIM!!! Stop giving Ron Parker a free ride just because he's a veteran. He is horrible at everything he does and he continues to play all of or near 100% of the snaps every game.
Truth.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yea - that's how I feel as well. When bad shit keeps happening, and you're in charge, it's time for a change at the top. However, yesterday he actually called a decent game. One play pretty much epitomizes what you're saying - He had the absolute PERFECT defense called yesterday, late in the 4th qtr. with that Murray Safety Blitz. Murray was there so quickly, that he actually had time to adjust to anything the RB did. Should have been a 5 yard loss. However, Murray whiffed BIG TIME and the RB ran for 30 + yards and a 1st down. It was the key play on the Raiders scoring drive. You can't draw it up any better.
Yep.
[Reply]
TEX 08:57 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. And THIS, is a huge part of why I want Bob Sutton gone. He has a history of sticking with a sucky player / players, when there seems to be a better alternative, and it ALWAYS comes back to kill us.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:01 AM 12-03-2018
I implore everyone to go back a page or two and use my "visual aid" to understand that the NFL is NOT trending to high-scoring shootouts, and that when the Raiders or these other shitty teams are putting up numbers in the high 20's in to 30's against us, THAT IS A SHITTY FUCKING DEFENSE!

At some point, the D-Coord HAS TO OWN THIS SHIT. It's not a bump in the road, it's a fucking trend that has been getting worse with EVERY FUCKING SEASON SINCE 2015!

FUCK!
[Reply]
TEX 09:06 AM 12-03-2018
Did the Chiefs lose?
No. They did not lose. I get that. And I get that this defense forces the offense to have to play "Lights Out," which they have been able to do all season. Yesterday was another example.

However, yielding 30 to Oakland is a good indicator that you're terrible on defense. That's the point I'm making.
And, the KC defense managed to cause, and get 3 turnovers, and they still gave up 30. That's just terrible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I implore everyone to go back a page or two and use my "visual aid" to understand that the NFL is NOT trending to high-scoring shootouts, and that when the Raiders or these other shitty teams are putting up numbers in the high 20's in to 30's against us, THAT IS A SHITTY FUCKING DEFENSE!

At some point, the D-Coord HAS TO OWN THIS SHIT. It's not a bump in the road, it's a fucking trend that has been getting worse with EVERY FUCKING SEASON SINCE 2015!

FUCK!
Your visual aid is statistically meaningless. You cherry picked a handful of games out of one week.

The numbers don't lie:

- highest PPG in NFL history
- highest YPG in NFL history
- highest yards per play in NFL history
- most first downs per game in NFL history
- most passing TDs per game in NFL history
- least INTs per game in NFL history (tied with 2016 and 2017)

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../NFL/index.htm

And before you get all stupid, this isn't a defense of the Chiefs. This defense is AWFUL and Sutton needs to be fired. That isn't the point here.

The NFL absolutely IS trending towards scoring, you're trying to put forward a narrative that isn't even remotely factual.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 298
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up