ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2221 of 4797
« First < 1221172121212171221122172218221922202221 222222232224222522312271232127213221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
loochy 10:05 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Denver can still make the playoff. Sanders is a finesse player whereas Denver specializes in ugly. They are a 9 win team

If you make the playoffs your a sure one and done. If you happen to meet KC, you’re going to be missing Harris, Wolfe, Thomas, and Sanders. That’s too much talent to be giving up since our last 30-23 meeting. Mahomes would run his record to 4-0 against Denver and this whole city would lose its mind.

It’s better for you guys to miss the playoffs.

But didn't you read the TJ tweet? IF they make the playoffs and IF they win the first game and IF they win the second game then they are in the AFCCG!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Best22 10:08 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
But didn't you read the TJ tweet? IF they make the playoffs and IF they win the first game and IF they win the second game then they are in the AFCCG!
Posted via Mobile Device
The Raiders had Superbowl hopes until last week when KC finally eliminated them
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:33 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I get cheering when someone has to leave a game for a period of time or is sick and misses a game... but, cheering serious injuries has always seemed fairly petty.

Regardless, we'll see how they do @ SF. Miami likely falls to NE, Colts likely fall to HOU and the Ravens likely fall to KC.

So, if Denver does what they should still do and beat SF... their race to the wildcard stays very much alive. I'm honestly fine with whatever happens. Obviously, once I endorsed the race earlier this week, Sanders gets hurt and we've already lost Harris. It really doesn't matter at this point, just consistently improve. If they're able to have things fall right with the other teams and advance, so be it... will be a quick exit if that happens.
I agree, it's pretty shitty to cheer about an injury. I don't believe in karma, but let's hope nothing like this happens to one of our stars.

Anyway, you guys still have a favorable schedule even without Sanders. You get LA at home so maybe your D and the altitude, in conjunction with Phil's uncanny ability to shit the bed when the pressure is on, will spell victory. I'm hoping the Chiefs will have secured the division and HFA before that game but I'd still love to see those clowns miss out again.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 11:01 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
The Raiders had Superbowl hopes until last week when KC finally eliminated them
That was the ugliest game this year
Barely beating a continuous cellar dweller by 7 points, leaves some concerns for 3 of the last 4 games
[Reply]
New World Order 11:03 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Barely beating a continuous cellar dweller by 7 points, leaves some concerns for 3 of the last 4 games
Meh, it was a divisional game.
[Reply]
Best22 11:05 AM 12-06-2018
You don’t have to be perfect in week 13

Around this time the 2012 Ravens lost 17-34 to the Broncos. Denver looked “playoff ready” with wins of 34-17, 34-12, and 38-3.

Ravens beat them in the playoffs and rode it to the Superbowl
[Reply]
TEX 11:05 AM 12-06-2018
I get cheering when someone has to leave a game for a period of time or is sick and misses a game... but, cheering serious injuries has always seemed fairly petty.

Regardless, we'll see how they do @ SF. Miami likely falls to NE, Colts likely fall to HOU and the Ravens likely fall to KC.

So, if Denver does what they should still do and beat SF... their race to the wildcard stays very much alive. I'm honestly fine with whatever happens. Obviously, once I endorsed the race earlier this week, Sanders gets hurt and we've already lost Harris. It really doesn't matter at this point, just consistently improve. If they're able to have things fall right with the other teams and advance, so be it... will be a quick exit if that happens.
Oh, I'm pretty sure, if you put some thought into it, you'll get why some here would be non-caring about Sanders.

And keep "playing the game" when it comes to the playoffs. I see the rationalizing has already begun. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 11:13 AM 12-06-2018
Totally agree. Should be major concerns with the shit defense. No way Oakland should have scored 33. KC has played this way ALL year. Get up big by a few scores, and they have a tendency to let the other team back in it. Could be even harder now, without Hunt, to close a team out. This is why home filed is so important to them. I think they're going to lose it over the last 4 weeks due to the defense.

But hey, we have Mahomes, and THAT'S what this year is all about.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:15 AM 12-06-2018

I’m not wishing death or even AIDS on the guy.

All I meant was that if any NFL player had to tear his ACL, I’m glad it’s a bitch like Emmanuel Sanders.

Too many good guys like Berry and Watt suffer these injuries. Finally an asshole gets hurt and not one of them.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:16 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh, I'm pretty sure, if you put some thought into it, you'll get why some here would be non-caring about Sanders.

And keep "playing the game" when it comes to the playoffs. I see the rationalizing has already begun. :-)
Rationalizing? I was pretty clear in the beginning, said they would finish with 9 wins and no playoffs, 3rd place in the division. I've never had playoff aspirations.

Early this week, my thought changed to "cool, if they can get there - go for it". But, even then - before losing Harris and Sanders - I said they wouldn't win a game in the playoffs.

If Denver finishes 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7 and misses the 6 seed... I'm good. I just want them to consistently improve, especially with the young guys and right now, they're doing that. If it screws up the draft position, so be it.

But, rationalizing... not happening. I'm still on par with what I've been saying since training camp.
[Reply]
TEX 11:46 AM 12-06-2018
Rationalizing? I was pretty clear in the beginning, said they would finish with 9 wins and no playoffs, 3rd place in the division. I've never had playoff aspirations.

Early this week, my thought changed to "cool, if they can get there - go for it". But, even then - before losing Harris and Sanders - I said they wouldn't win a game in the playoffs.

If Denver finishes 8-8, 7-9 or 9-7 and misses the 6 seed... I'm good. I just want them to consistently improve, especially with the young guys and right now, they're doing that. If it screws up the draft position, so be it.

But, rationalizing... not happening. I'm still on par with what I've been saying since training camp.

Rationalizing is exactly what you're doing. Only you're also trying to wordsmith it away. It's your thing bro. Welcome to your future! :-)

And here's to another year of VANCE! :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:27 PM 12-06-2018
At this point, I would cheer to see Mike Clit permanently injured and removed from Twitter.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:31 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Rationalizing is exactly what you're doing. Only you're also trying to wordsmith it away. It's your thing bro. Welcome to your future! :-)

And here's to another year of VANCE! :-)
Idea of Vance for another year is the major downside...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:36 PM 12-06-2018
The real downside for Denver fans is knowing they have to deal with the kid wonder Showtime Mahomes for the next 15 years.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:40 PM 12-06-2018
KC losing Hunt and the Donks losing Harris/Sanders...plus being gifted 14 points on Sunday night....been a very fortuitous week for the Chargers.

Looks like week 17 just got a lot easier...
[Reply]
Page 2221 of 4797
« First < 1221172121212171221122172218221922202221 222222232224222522312271232127213221 > Last »
Up