ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2425 of 3903
« First < 1425192523252375241524212422242324242425 242624272428242924352475252529253425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:54 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The Florida Department of Health is reporting at least 8,942 new cases of Covid-19, bringing the state total to 122,960, according to data released by the state on Friday.

Friday's data is the highest single day reporting of coronavirus cases since the start of the pandemic.

Yesterday, Florida reported 5,004 new cases of coronavirus.
OMG THEY ARE BAR HOPING IN FLORIDA NOW!
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:58 AM 06-26-2020
MASKS DON'T DO JACK SHIT! STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA!!
Noted
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:00 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I'm just taking a quick glance at avatars as I scroll, pretending this is all one person quoting himself over and over.

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 10:00 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Do you think bars contributed to the spike more or protests? And if you think bar did why didn't Texas spike after May 1st? Do you think the timing of the spike is crazy that its about 2 weeks after the protests started?

Also

Considering its primarily young people getting it, and the mortality rate being closer to that of the flu for that demographic is there anything to worry about?
Like I said, I have no doubt that the protests have contributed to new cases, just like every other activity where humans gather in close proximity.

Yes, it seems that the prime demographic of new cases are the relatively young. Unfortunately, they can and will/have spread it to others.
[Reply]
Donger 10:02 AM 06-26-2020
Want a list of Florida bars that have re-closed?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:07 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
:-)
Gave myself an idea...
[Reply]
kgrund 10:07 AM 06-26-2020
The biggest hope that we should all have is that the protests had minimal impact on cases despite massive non adherence to social distancing and mask usage spotted. It is widely known outdoor vs. indoor is huge. This seems to further underscore this fact.

What strong evidence do we have that large gatherings of people (even without masks) outside leads to large outbreaks? Even if some early evidence suggested this might be the case, would not these protests lead us to reexamine what we assume, but may not know to be true? Do public health officials have the courage to move from their current position if evidence seems to strongly point that outdoor gatherings are not as big as a factor as originally believe?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 10:07 AM 06-26-2020
BUWAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
you mean you don't trust science?????

YEAH, I KNOW!!!!!
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:07 AM 06-26-2020
Like I said, I have no doubt that the protests have contributed to new cases, just like every other activity where humans gather in close proximity.

Yes, it seems that the prime demographic of new cases are the relatively young. Unfortunately, they can and will/have spread it to others.
I don't see what one's feelings about how the original group acquired the virus has to do with how we should react to it now. Histrionics about protests from a month ago have nothing to do with the fact that it's spreading today at bars and large parties.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:08 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Gave myself an idea...
Holy shit:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 10:08 AM 06-26-2020
You have the reasoning skills of a 6th grade girl.

There’s multiple issues at play here. The gatherings in multiple settings are the cause of spikes. While mask wearing helps, it doesn’t help in crowded protests, bars or restaurants.
[Reply]
Donger 10:09 AM 06-26-2020
The Florida Department of Health reported 8,942 new coronavirus cases, shattering the previous daily high for positive COVID-19 infections made just two days earlier.

The state also is shutting down on-site alcohol consumption at bars
, according to Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation Secretary Halsey Beshears.
[Reply]
sedated 10:13 AM 06-26-2020
Do you think bars contributed to the spike more or protests?
Seriously, who gives a flying fk what caused it? That is just bringing politics into something that should not be, and should never have been, political.

Were people stupid for protesting in huge numbers? Yes. Were people stupid for going to bars and every other place like nothing was wrong? Yes. Is it stupid for people to proudly boast that they will absolutely not wear a mask because this is 'merica? Yes.

JFC stop pointing fingers and put on a mask. Its insane.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:18 AM 06-26-2020
Do you think bars contributed to the spike more or protests? And if you think bar did why didn't Texas spike after May 1st? Do you think the timing of the spike is crazy that its about 2 weeks after the protests started?

Also

Considering its primarily young people getting it, and the mortality rate being closer to that of the flu for that demographic is there anything to worry about?
Weren't bars opened way later and at very limited capacity? I am sure protests are a big factor. But bars and clubs are a big part of that too. If protests were the only factor then all states would see this kind of spike. California aside it isn't a coincidence that spikes are happening in states where reopening guidelines were way looser.

Cases may have plenty of asymptomatic and we're getting better at controlling mortality. But the concerning trend is hospitalizations.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:21 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Weren't bars opened way later and at very limited capacity? I am sure protests are a big factor. But bars and clubs are a big part of that too. If protests were the only factor then all states would see this kind of spike. California aside it isn't a coincidence that spikes are happening in states where reopening guidelines were way looser.

Cases may have plenty of asymptomatic and we're getting better at controlling mortality. But the concerning trend is hospitalizations.
1. Bars could reopen on May 2nd in Texas yes with limited capacity.

2. People are arguing the protest had very little to do with the spike (lol)

3. Hospitalization trends can and are being skewed because they are testing people at hospitals now no matter the reason they are coming in. So while its smart to do so, if I go to hospital because I was in car wreck and I happen to have coronavirus its not the same as people being admitted BECAUSE of coronavirus.
[Reply]
Page 2425 of 3903
« First < 1425192523252375241524212422242324242425 242624272428242924352475252529253425 > Last »
Up