ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 100
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:41 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
In short:

Massive OL.

Tyreek-type speedster WR.

Freaky fast TE.

All-Pro RB that both runs like a bowling ball and can catch at a high level.

That plus the complementary players they have. But the great running game plus Waller, who's just a mutant freak, with the addition this year of Ruggs to take the top off the defense is probably the best 'winning formula' vs. the Chiefs. Waller, combined with Jacobs and Ruggs is about as unstoppable as it gets.

The weak link offensively for LVR is Derek Carr.

Insert a real QB under center and do something about their defense, and they'd be pretty damned dangerous to anyone.

But with Carr, they're just limited as to how good and/or consistent they can be. Offensively that is.

Defense is a whole other bucket of worms that I'm not going to get into to, because I'm not nearly bored enough to go there.
TL;DR version:

KC runs a game-plan specific Defense focused on selling out against either the run or the pass to take away what you do best and make you do the things you don't do well in order to win.

Teams who can do both equally well, and have athletic freaks who can routinely win 1v1 matchups on the outside will give the Chiefs' defense problems.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:44 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Oh man, I wish I could see your face if somehow the Bills beat the Chiefs in a few weeks. Will you webcam record your face during that game, just in case?
Dude, you guys have a tough game against Indy.

Prob should win that before you start talking about us.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:44 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by AROD3024:
Lmao. Wow you guys are a trip! Can’t wait till you see
the Bills again. You think it’s gonna be that easy? I’ll be back when they meet again. And believe me, you’re all homers that dont know anything, but I’m sure Andy Reid and his coaches are worried plenty. As they should be.... Good luck until they meet again! Btw plz keep on w the homer “bills aren’t that good” and the chiefs will wake up come playoff time BS comments. It’s hilarious! I love it in here.
Are you a Titans/Ravens/Texans/Niners fan? Your post reeks of them. Fortunately just like all of them you will vanish like they did if Buffalo loses.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:45 PM 01-04-2021
Fun fact: 538's model gives the Chiefs a 74% chance to make the championship game and the Bills a 55% chance.

This is a lot of discussion for a scenario that won't happen for at least three weeks and only has a 40% chance of happening anyway.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:45 PM 01-04-2021
Petro nailed it today.

The Bills are the 2018 Chiefs & the Ravens are the 2019 Chiefs.

That’s why I want them to face each other before coming to Arrowhead.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:47 PM 01-04-2021
I've been on this forum for a decade.
No you haven't. You joined that long ago but have not been on since then. Saying you have been "on this forum for a decade" is a stretch to day the least.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:50 PM 01-04-2021
The problem with who is "hot" going into the playoffs. And also this "dogma" that setting starters is bad needs to be re-examined.

Let's recap We were "hot" going into the playoffs. We were down 24-0 before we even got started. We were down 10 points to the "hottest" team in the playoffs and won. Down to the NFC "hot" team 10 points twice in the SB. Won . Mainly because we have more offensive talent and or Mahomes.

But, the team with the most talent doesn't always win the SB. The way I see it though is that a team like ours, battle tested, proven ability to come from behind, to win close games, thats the team that wins a SB. Not the team who's hot or rested.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:51 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Petro nailed it today.

Except neither the Bills or Ravens get a bye, so they have much tougher paths to AFCCG.

Also, the Ravens still have Lamar Jackson leading their offense. As well as they can run the ball, he’s still extremely limited as a passer and their pass protection is much worse this year. Jackson has been sacked 29 times this year and has only attempted 376 passes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:52 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The problem with who is "hot" going into the playoffs. And also this "dogma" that setting starters is bad needs to be re-examined.

Let's recap We were "hot" going into the playoffs. We were down 24-0 before we even got started. We were down 10 points to the "hottest" team in the playoffs and won. Down to the NFC "hot" team 10 points twice in the SB. Won . Mainly because we have more offensive talent and or Mahomes.

But, the team with the most talent doesn't always win the SB. The way I see it though is that a team like ours, battle tested, proven ability to come from behind, to win close games, thats the team that wins a SB.
And most importantly, teams don’t stay “hot” or “cold” forever. Those trends change with time and you don’t always know when.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:54 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Petro nailed it today.

How about the Titans beat the Ravens (idgaf what pundits say, they look like the same Ravens to me) and the Browns beat the Steelers, and the Colts beat the Bills.

Boom, best scenario ever.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:55 PM 01-04-2021
I find the arrogance extra weird because it's not like Mahomes & Reid have decades (or even years) of Playoff win expereince.

They Won 1 year (2020) and Lost 1 year (2019).

Yet Chiefs fans act like they've won the last 5 Super Bowls lol
KC has more playoff wins in the last two years than Buffalo has since Jim Kelly and more SB wins in the last year than Buffalo ever has.
[Reply]
Buffalonative76 04:56 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
:-)

He need his left shoulder to throw a football?
Its called mechanics and following through..that shoulder injury affected everything with his release including his footwork..as a bills fan you could plainly see Allen was off and in pain with every intermediate to deep throw
[Reply]
tredadda 04:56 PM 01-04-2021
Yep.

And a dropped TD.

Chiefs barely got to 26, and I bet they keep the same scheme too.
In the same poor weather Bills fans piss and moan about.
[Reply]
TEX 04:57 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

But, the team with the most talent doesn't always win the SB. The way I see it though is that a team like ours, battle tested, proven ability to come from behind, to win close games, thats the team that wins a SB. Not the team who's hot or rested.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:58 PM 01-04-2021
If the Bills meet the Chiefs in the AFCCG, then great. Would love to talk shop with Bills Fans.

Until then, Bills fans, feel free to get ****ed (except Cntrygal - she's a CP icon).
[Reply]
Page 28 of 100
« First < 182425262728 293031323878 > Last »
Up