ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 298
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:28 PM 12-04-2017
Thinking about it, Tamba foresaw this Defensive Corps shitshow.Thus, causing his Twitter tirade.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:18 PM 12-04-2017
Are we doing a "Fire Sutton" banner?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:47 PM 12-04-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So we should give up on Andy after his first losing season (maybe) here? And replace him with who exactly?
Yes we should, because of his under reaction and slow response to obvious problems. As for who, for the rest of the season I'd obviously give the HC duties to Nagy. I'd fire Sutton and hand-over the rest of the season to Bradden (and maybe Toub). But for the long term, well I'd outsource that to consultants. But the key would be that the players hear from Veach that some won't be back, and under-performance won't be tolerated.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:48 AM 12-05-2017
The defense has been the problem basically the entire Reid era. With an assist from the o line. Yet no one could see it til now.

Colts playoff debacle anyone? Dominated every time they faced Manning or any real QB (unless they lucked into a bunch of turnovers). They'd shut down a Hoyer or do just enough to beat Case Keenum and everyone anointed it a good d that was "propping up" our QB. LOL. Even last year everyone said it, though it was clearly an abortion, mitigated only by a lucky ass streak of timely turnovers in bunches, keeping opponent point totals down. And even though they collected TOs and largely kept teams out of the end zone, they allowed everyone to dominate time of possession, culminating in the Steelers playoff loss. Everyone patted them on the back for doing their part by not allowing a TD. Well, a bunch of FGs works just fine when the opposing team never has the ball because you're running for 8 yds every play. LOL. When will the schmucks wake up? Smith is almost the least of the team's problems this year but he's all they wanna bitch about..

WHEN is the last damn time you felt confident they'd get a stop versus a halfway decent opponent? Seriously.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:57 AM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by ILChief:
If the Defense is still dead last in multiple categories next season, I'd be all for it
[Reply]
Danguardace 03:05 AM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The defense has been the problem basically the entire Reid era. With an assist from the o line. Yet no one could see it til now.

2013 Yes
2014-15 Sorry but the defense was genuinely good IMO
2016-7 - Yes

In that Period they have dominated for the most part Rivers, Carr and had good wins over Brady, Wilson and a few others. So to say it has been the problem the whole time is hyperbole.

Chiefs Fans want to blame 1 thing there is no panecea that will solve all the teams issues. Sadly this team finds different ways to fall apart it always has.

Look at the teams history crazy shoot outs, poor FG kicking, pathetic offense you name it we've had it in the play-offs.

Good Coaching
Good QB play
Good Tackling
Good Blocking
Ball Security
Good Discipline

You need all of the above to be applied consistently before you even think about competing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:19 AM 12-05-2017
Clark should throw a boatload of $$ at Wade Phillips.
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 12-05-2017
Ive been pretty scarce around lately, shits been busy and it's nice to take a break from here from time to time.

But watching the last few games, or really the last few years of this defense, it just all seems to be the same. They don't really ever play aggressive and always seem to be on their heels. Now, i'm no schematic genius and there are some here that can dispute this maybe, but it seems the Rex Ryan/ Bob Sutton scheme is just played out when you don't have the personnel to run it.

Bob isn't one who can tweak things to guys skillset, he tries to fit everyone in his own skill box.

Looking around the league at good defenses, you start to see a trend IMO. They play aggressive and disciplined, and they're unpredictable.

The Chiefs under Sutton haven't really ever done all 3.
[Reply]
hitchief 11:35 AM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Colts playoff debacle anyone? Dominated every time they faced Manning or any real QB (unless they lucked into a bunch of turnovers). They'd shut down a Hoyer or do just enough to beat Case Keenum and everyone anointed it a good d that was "propping up" our QB. LOL. Even last year everyone said it, though it was clearly an abortion, mitigated only by a lucky ass streak of timely turnovers in bunches, keeping opponent point totals down. And even though they collected TOs and largely kept teams out of the end zone, they allowed everyone to dominate time of possession, culminating in the Steelers playoff loss. Everyone patted them on the back for doing their part by not allowing a TD. Well, a bunch of FGs works just fine when the opposing team never has the ball because you're running for 8 yds every play. LOL. When will the schmucks wake up? Smith is almost the least of the team's problems this year but he's all they wanna bitch about..

WHEN is the last damn time you felt confident they'd get a stop versus a halfway decent opponent? Seriously.
Never and exactly what I've always believed about the faults of this team. Qb's always get too much credit or blame but that's the way it goes for an uninformed fan.

Plus nobody in here wants to admit they are or have been wrong about anything, it hurts their feelings.

Plus, its had to see how to fix things when its an entire unit that is the problem and or coaching rather than a single savior.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:44 AM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ive been pretty scarce around lately, shits been busy and it's nice to take a break from here from time to time.

But watching the last few games, or really the last few years of this defense, it just all seems to be the same. They don't really ever play aggressive and always seem to be on their heels. Now, i'm no schematic genius and there are some here that can dispute this maybe, but it seems the Rex Ryan/ Bob Sutton scheme is just played out when you don't have the personnel to run it.

Bob isn't one who can tweak things to guys skillset, he tries to fit everyone in his own skill box.

Looking around the league at good defenses, you start to see a trend IMO. They play aggressive and disciplined, and they're unpredictable.

The problem is the "If ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. In the last 4 years the D has done enough through turnovers, sacks and not allowing TDs to warrant more than one playoff win (even that was a shutout by the D).
I think stats misled most on the coaching staff to believe that we can repeat the defensive performance this year too. They did realize that we need to get much better at QB but that was a year or two late.
For the coin Reid and his staff gets paid they appear late to identify and fix issues.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:45 AM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:

Sutton's scheme is tiresome at this point. The left side of our defense is a total disaster. If I'm an offense facing the Chiefs I'm licking my chops and going left all day. Not gonna fuck around with Houston and Peters. I'll just run shit directly at Zombo, Sorensen, and whatever clown we have playing CB over there.
[Reply]
O.city 12:03 PM 12-05-2017
If you watch Baldy's breakdowns on twitter, man, they're fucking awful on both sides of the ball.

They've completely checked out. They're done. Both sides of the ball. Guys getting blocked and just staying on blocks, guys not giving effort.

It's time to blow it all up. They can't or probably won't fire Reid because of the contract extension, but it's time to start over with the roster. They're fucking done.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:05 PM 12-05-2017
His scheme is terrible. I don't see how he will be retained. He probably will stay because Andy is loyal goof long after people should be benched and fired.
[Reply]
bevischief 12:52 PM 12-05-2017
Originally Posted by ILChief:
No. We aren't saving this ship again.
[Reply]
bevischief 12:55 PM 12-05-2017
Clark can go to Canada.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 298
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up