ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Alien: Covenant
Fish 09:34 AM 01-27-2017

[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:47 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's made three good films in almost 30 years.

Thelma & Louise, Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven.

The rest are garbage.
I don't know....that's a little harsh:

body of lies
Black Hawk Down
Gladiator

But yeah, there's a lot of meh too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:33 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hate to disagree.....but i really liked The Martian, Matchstick Men, Robin Hood, American Gangster and Black Rain.
It's found the pacing of all of those films to be very slow and plodding.

But hey, just IMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:36 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll go see it. As long as it's Ridley Scott ripping off himself, I'll be okay with it. Hell, I really enjoyed the last one, even though the characters were dumb as a bag of shit and I still don't understand why the big bald albino guy hated everybody.
It's all good. I was just giving everyone a head's up in terms of expectations.

Also, I see everything through the "I'm going to recommend spending $17 dollars a ticket plus $4 dollars for parking?" lens.

:-)

Ticket prices are so ridiculous out here that there are very few films that I need to see in a theater.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I don't know....that's a little harsh:

body of lies
Black Hawk Down
Gladiator

But yeah, there's a lot of meh too.
There is no doubt that when he's "on", he's ON.

But for me, the last time that happened was "Kingdom of Heaven" way back in 2005.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:42 PM 05-11-2017
Funny, I like Scott but I thought Kingdom of Heaven sucked
[Reply]
Fish 07:20 AM 05-12-2017
I accidentally learned a pretty big spoiler about the plot. If anyone is interested in sharing my spoiler misery:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DC.chief 07:30 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Funny, I like Scott but I thought Kingdom of Heaven sucked
Same here. I thought it was terrible. But I have several friends that say it's one of their favorite movies though. I don't get it
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 AM 05-12-2017
It's all good. I was just giving everyone a head's up in terms of expectations.

Also, I see everything through the "I'm going to recommend spending $17 dollars a ticket plus $4 dollars for parking?" lens.

:-)

Ticket prices are so ridiculous out here that there are very few films that I need to see in a theater.
I hear you - they aren't cheap here. Plus, I go to one of the theaters where food and alcohol is served to avoid free range brats. By the time you factor in ticket prices plus the food, for my wife and I to go to the movies it costs about $65-70, and neither of us is drinking.

As a result, I've grown very selective about what I see in the theater. I figure I'll see this, Dunkirk, and after that, probably nothing until the new Blade Runner comes out.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:34 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
I accidentally learned a pretty big spoiler about the plot. If anyone is interested in sharing my spoiler misery:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 09:28 AM 05-12-2017
This looks good and overall has positive reviews. I didn't care much for Prometheus so I'm hoping this is a big improvement over that one (biggest problem was the characters were so stupid and made bad choices through out the film).
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:39 AM 05-12-2017
In this day and age nothing is going to compare to the originals. The first two Alien movies were polar opposites from one another, but they were both amazing. As long as this movie entertains me, I'm not expecting to see Gladiator, but as long as I don't see Alien Resurrection then sign me up! From what I hear the body gore in this movie is awesome, and they've kinda abandoned the Engineer arc in the second half to squeeze in an Alien movie.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:48 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hate to disagree.....but i really liked The Martian, Matchstick Men, Robin Hood, American Gangster and Black Rain.
Black Hawk Down, Hannibal, G.I. Jane, Blade Runner
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:14 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:

Spoiler!
Damn robits.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:24 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I hear you - they aren't cheap here. Plus, I go to one of the theaters where food and alcohol is served to avoid free range brats. By the time you factor in ticket prices plus the food, for my wife and I to go to the movies it costs about $65-70, and neither of us is drinking.

As a result, I've grown very selective about what I see in the theater. I figure I'll see this, Dunkirk, and after that, probably nothing until the new Blade Runner comes out.
That sounds like here in Hollywood. I took my Dad and oldest to see Rogue One on opening night. $60 dollars for three tickets, $15 for popcorn and a drink for the kid, $6 dollars parking. It was totally worth it because Rogue One was awesome (and maybe the best Star Wars movie yet) but I can't justify doing that for animated films, comedies and so on. I'd rather wait a few months and purchase the Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo for $19.99, throw the movies on VUDU so the kids can watch them on their iPads, and call it a day. Plus, Disney has an exclusive deal with Netflix so even the animated films and Marvel films are showing in no time.

I'd love to see Dunkirk in IMAX (I saw the 10 minute trailer before Rogue One in IMAX) and it was absolutely amazing. But the nearest IMAX is at Universal Citywalk and it's freaking $20 dollars for parking and $28 for an IMAX ticket.

I might just wait for a screener.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:40 AM 05-12-2017
That sounds like here in Hollywood. I took my Dad and oldest to see Rogue One on opening night. $60 dollars for three tickets, $15 for popcorn and a drink for the kid, $6 dollars parking. It was totally worth it because Rogue One was awesome (and maybe the best Star Wars movie yet) but I can't justify doing that for animated films, comedies and so on. I'd rather wait a few months and purchase the Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo for $19.99, throw the movies on VUDU so the kids can watch them on their iPads, and call it a day. Plus, Disney has an exclusive deal with Netflix so even the animated films and Marvel films are showing in no time.

I'd love to see Dunkirk in IMAX (I saw the 10 minute trailer before Rogue One in IMAX) and it was absolutely amazing. But the nearest IMAX is at Universal Citywalk and it's freaking $20 dollars for parking and $28 for an IMAX ticket.

I might just wait for a screener.
Damn, they even gig you for parking? That's brutal. Only in downtown Chicago does that crap happen around here.

And I agree with you on Rogue One. The more I think about it the more I like it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up