ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 163
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Chiefnj 02:09 PM 09-26-2006
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
Look what I got back last weekend from my trailcam at my possible tree stand spot back home.....

[
Damn I'm gettin excited now..... 2 tree stands goin up this weekend!
What kind of trail camera was that?
[Reply]
Fish 02:30 PM 09-26-2006
Originally Posted by Chiefnj:
What kind of trail camera was that?
It's just a cheapie Stealth cam from Cabelas. $129 IIRC. The day pics allow a little too much light exposure, but it takes great dusk/night pics.

I've got a couple auto-feeders made out of 55gal barrels I set up around the end of August as well...

I've spotted this big ol' boy around, but this is the first pic I've got of him. I just about creamed my shorts when I first saw that nice broadside pic...
[Reply]
Fish 02:35 PM 09-26-2006
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
sweet Chocolate Jesus thats a nice buck.

Its still a secret, but.....Some Iowanians are attempting a bRainmanesque local legend. Last weekend, 4 Iowanians got together with a box of beer, and what turned out to be a full body Gorilla suit. Then, the locations of 3 friends with trail cams out were determined, the suit was put on and a "sasquatch sighting" will now be found by 3 unsuspecting parties......2, very, very gullible.

I'm anticipating the arrival of an email photo of the event as it took place.....but more anxiously await the trailcam photos and the story to make it to the local bar.
:-)

That could turn into a great story.... you must post the outcome when the tale gets tall....
[Reply]
bogie 03:05 PM 09-26-2006
Look what I got back last weekend from my trailcam at my possible tree stand spot back home.....

Damn I'm gettin excited now..... 2 tree stands goin up this weekend!

oh my goodness
[Reply]
seclark 03:06 PM 09-26-2006
i cleaned up brush around a couple of my stands sunday. stole a couple buckets of apples off my mother-in-law's tree and chucked them around down there too. frickin squirrels chewed a hole in the padded seat in one of my stands and filled it full of hickory nuts.
sec
[Reply]
Chiefnj 03:06 PM 09-26-2006
It's just a cheapie Stealth cam from Cabelas. $129 IIRC. The day pics allow a little too much light exposure, but it takes great dusk/night pics.

I've got a couple auto-feeders made out of 55gal barrels I set up around the end of August as well...

I've spotted this big ol' boy around, but this is the first pic I've got of him. I just about creamed my shorts when I first saw that nice broadside pic...
It's a beauty of a buck. In daylight no less. I just bought a trail cam over the weekend. It said not to position it facing east/west because direct sunlight will allow too much light exposure. That might be why your photo is a little light. Great shot nonetheless. I hope you don't spook him setting up the stand. Good luck.
[Reply]
seclark 03:09 PM 09-26-2006
this guy bagged a nice bear...
http://www.dslreports.com/speak/slid...k3NTE0OA%3D%3D

sec
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:11 PM 09-26-2006
Thinking ahead, this weekend I bought a new slug gun.
Got the 12g with pistol grip and ghost ring sights.

Benelli Supernova.
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/superNova.tpl

If I miss this year, I'll never hear the end of it....and will have no excuses.
[Reply]
bogie 03:14 PM 09-26-2006
Originally Posted by seclark:
i cleaned up brush around a couple of my stands sunday. stole a couple buckets of apples off my mother-in-law's tree and chucked them around down there too. frickin squirrels chewed a hole in the padded seat in one of my stands and filled it full of hickory nuts.
sec
I've hunted from the same tree for several years. The original stand I built was a nice platform for ass in one fork and platform for my feet in lower fork. After several years, my ass is sitting on a small 2x4 (platform is rotted away) and my feet are on a very small remaining platform. unfortunately, I don't get to the farm till friday night before opening saturday and don't have a chance to rebuild my stand. 46 days till I'm sittin' my ass on my 2x4.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:16 PM 09-26-2006
Go to Menards and buy yourself a cheap hanging stand and a 16' ladder stick, or a 16' ladder stand.

It takes about 10 minutes to throw one up in a decent tree.
[Reply]
bogie 03:20 PM 09-26-2006
Thinking ahead, this weekend I bought a new slug gun.
Got the 12g with pistol grip and ghost ring sights.

Benelli Supernova.
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/superNova.tpl

If I miss this year, I'll never hear the end of it....and will have no excuses.
What's a ghost ring sight.
[Reply]
seclark 03:22 PM 09-26-2006
Originally Posted by bogie:
I've hunted from the same tree for several years. The original stand I built was a nice platform for ass in one fork and platform for my feet in lower fork. After several years, my ass is sitting on a small 2x4 (platform is rotted away) and my feet are on a very small remaining platform. unfortunately, I don't get to the farm till friday night before opening saturday and don't have a chance to rebuild my stand. 46 days till I'm sittin' my ass on my 2x4.
a few years ago, i put up a tree stand in august, and didn't go back till opening morning. it was still dark out and i couldn't find the tree. after about 15minutes, i gave up and went to another stand. when i headed back to the truck around noon, i went by where the stand was supposed to be and found the tree had fallen over. the stand was crushed between the trunk of the tree and the ground. just uprooted and fell over.
sec
[Reply]
bogie 03:25 PM 09-26-2006
Go to Menards and buy yourself a cheap hanging stand and a 16' ladder stick, or a 16' ladder stand.

It takes about 10 minutes to throw one up in a decent tree.
I know you're right. Can I leave the stand up year round? I fly in to KC friday evening and get to the farm late Friday night. I don't want to carry everything out opening morning. BassPro is 45 miles away.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:25 PM 09-26-2006
This is pretty close to what mine has.

[Reply]
seclark 03:27 PM 09-26-2006
Originally Posted by bogie:
Can I leave the stand up year round?
if you have a chain w/a padlock. do you own the land, or know who does?
sec
[Reply]
Page 28 of 163
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up