ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 383
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimBone 12:46 AM 02-07-2014
Once again, would somebody be willing to ship a bottle or two to Louisiana for some cash?
[Reply]
salame 12:47 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by salame:
so you don't understand the difference between stout and ale?
and FTR Young's destroys Sam Smith's
[Reply]
Phobia 12:50 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson:
Once again, would somebody be willing to ship a bottle or two to Louisiana for some cash?
I'd do it if I could pick up a half dozen bottles. So far, I only have dibs on one bottle. People are paying $40 for them up here. Wait for the hype to die down and see what is left. You might have better luck getting a bottle from St. Louis.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:05 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I'd do it if I could pick up a half dozen bottles. So far, I only have dibs on one bottle. People are paying $40 for them up here. Wait for the hype to die down and see what is left. You might have better luck getting a bottle from St. Louis.
Damn. I see. Thanks for the info and thought at least.
[Reply]
Fish 03:34 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by scho63:
The other night I went out for a late dinner after the gym and the pub I was at had Fat Cat IPA on special. It was very good-not too heavy or strong but a nice flavor.

First time I ever saw it or offered so I figured to give it a shot. Glad I did.

Wow... no shit?

Back in college in Manhattan, KS, we used to drink Fat Cat when it was on sale. Wasn't the IPA though, it was a lager. Ugly yellow cans.

It was usually under $10 for a case. It wasn't great beer by any means. But had more flavor than anything else in that price range.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:43 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Phobia:
It is better. It's not an incredible beer I want to drink all the time but it's pretty delicious. There's a legitimate reason for the hype. People wouldn't go stupid over crap.
Yeah, I've heard good things, but even if it's in the top 3 of Boulevard beers or #1 (and I've heard plenty of people say it's not their best beer), the hype seems to blow away any other Boulevard release.

If I want any other Boulevard beer, I might have to go to one beer store over lunch to make sure I get one, but I don't have to hunt around for it unless I want to hoard a few, there aren't news segments about all the hype, and beer stores don't answer the phone with "hello, we're out of (beer), can I help you?"

We went to a hole in the wall liquor store at 1 yesterday afternoon and they hadn't gotten their delivery... called at 3 and they were out, and they were limiting 1 bottle/person. Granted, they only got a couple of cases compared to Lukas Liquor's 100 or Gomer's, etc; I've never seen more than one other person there before... it's nuts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:47 AM 02-07-2014
Non-drinking mom at my work spent her whole lunch hour yesterday grabbing them so she could auction them off at her kid's school.

I bought one on the secondary market in a parking garage to send to my SIL for her birthday.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:55 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I've heard good things, but even if it's in the top 3 of Boulevard beers or #1 (and I've heard plenty of people say it's not their best beer), the hype seems to blow away any other Boulevard release.

If I want any other Boulevard beer, I might have to go to one beer store over lunch to make sure I get one, but I don't have to hunt around for it unless I want to hoard a few, there aren't news segments about all the hype, and beer stores don't answer the phone with "hello, we're out of (beer), can I help you?"

We went to a hole in the wall liquor store at 1 yesterday afternoon and they hadn't gotten their delivery... called at 3 and they were out, and they were limiting 1 bottle/person. Granted, they only got a couple of cases compared to Lukas Liquor's 100 or Gomer's, etc; I've never seen more than one other person there before... it's nuts.
I don't think it's in their top ten Smokestacks. That's not an insult. It's still very good. Without the hype though, it wouldn't even be a very good seller.
[Reply]
phisherman 10:19 AM 02-07-2014
It may be in their top ten, but it sure is a shame that all the hype isn't for better stuff like Rye on Rye, the Love Child series, BBQ and Saison Brett.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It may be in their top ten, but it sure is a shame that all the hype isn't for better stuff like Rye on Rye, the Love Child series, BBQ and Saison Brett.
Those other beers suck... don't put them on the news, don't buy one for your gf, don't waste your time standing in line outside of a liquor store at 8am.

Just leave them alone! :-)
[Reply]
phisherman 10:49 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Those other beers suck... don't put them on the news, don't buy one for your gf, don't waste your time standing in line outside of a liquor store at 8am.

Just leave them alone! :-)
Ha!
No doubt. That's why I buy those a case at a time!
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:55 AM 02-07-2014
I'm glad its not.
[Reply]
phisherman 01:21 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm glad its not.
And it won't be either. Those types of beers are quite polarizing for the average beer drinker.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:42 PM 02-07-2014
And it won't be either. Those types of beers are quite polarizing for the average beer drinker.
Very true.

Funny limited release story that wasn't so funny at the time. I moved away from the Gomers in Midtown a few years ago. I still get my haircut down there and stopped in when Hopslam came out. There must have been a dozen cases sitting there but they would only sell me 3...bottles...based on my recent purchase history. Lol, I get protecting your regular customers, but damn.
[Reply]
KC native 01:50 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Very true.

Funny limited release story that wasn't so funny at the time. I moved away from the Gomers in Midtown a few years ago. I still get my haircut down there and stopped in when Hopslam came out. There must have been a dozen cases sitting there but they would on sell me 3...bottles...based on my recent purchase history. Lol, I get protecting your regular customers, but damn.
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that stuff (we don't get Hopslam down here though).

The guy that ran the beer cooler at the Spec's (high end liquor store by me) didn't really know much about the special release Smoke Stacks. I just keep pressing him to get them as they came out. Fortunately he got some of the BBQ, and loved it so he orders as much as he can get his hands on. And to keep his ability to get them going, he encourages me to purchase as much as possible.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 383
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up