ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 126
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:40 PM 03-23-2016
Despite it's criticisms, Watchmen is one of my favorite superhero movies ever. The fact that it married itself to the comic is one of it's greatest criticisms, but the more I see Snyder's work the more I think that's the reason the story is as coherent as it is.

When Snyder deviates he tends to ham fist the plot, stuff in soapy quotes on what it means to be a "hero" and go off the deep end in terms of the action. I was stoked for Man of Steel after seeing Watchmen, and it was a gut punch to walk out of that theater.
[Reply]
tk13 07:40 PM 03-23-2016
Yeah I too enjoyed Watchmen. I think people rip on it because of Snyder... and he does get carried away with slow-mo, and action... but I thought it was a decent movie. Maybe it was because he stuck to the comic, but it worked.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:40 PM 03-23-2016
Wow. It's actually dropping on RT. Did not expect that. Currently at 33% with 129 reviews. Guessing the critics really don't like Snyder. I see a lot of people saying he's the new Michael Bay, but I never really paid much attention. I liked Watchmen and 300.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:42 PM 03-23-2016
Loved Watchmen, and was a huge fan of the graphic novel as well.

Sucker Punch otoh made zero sense, but damned if it wasn't a stunning looking movie.
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 07:58 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
How many (and what were they) movies have you seen since Deadpool?
well, none...
and I really loved deadpool
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 08:00 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sounds like a better Batman movie than a Superman movie???
yup, was a Batman movie
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 08:02 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This guy said he fell asleep to man of steel.

@EliotETC: I hope the BvS reviews even out and get less mean. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a great launchpad for the Justice League franchise

@EliotETC: Ben's Batman is the closest we've seen to deranged Frank Miller TDKR. He's a badass hero but also paranoid and gives no fucks.
yes this was it, and I loved the dark knight returns comic
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:43 PM 03-23-2016
Can't wait to see this. I know it probably won't be that good but I'm excited nonetheless.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:49 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Loved Watchmen, and was a huge fan of the graphic novel as well.

Sucker Punch otoh made zero sense, but damned if it wasn't a stunning looking movie.
Sucker Punch got boring real quick. Nothing made a lot of sense and since there was no real character scenes you really didn't care about the action. There was no reason to get emotionally invested.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:56 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sucker Punch got boring real quick. Nothing made a lot of sense and since there was no real character scenes you really didn't care about the action. There was no reason to get emotionally invested.
Yeah that was a crap movie. I liked Watchmen and 300
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:20 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Oh god.

Spoiler!
:-)

God I hope that isn't true.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:43 PM 03-23-2016
Is it weird I feel almost obligated to go see it. I mean, it's not going to be Batman and Robin, or Spiderman 3 bad... ?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:45 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Gene Hackman is my favorite Lex, and why is this Lex with hair?
Wig - supposedly from exposure to certain alien space rocks caused his hair to all fall out
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:49 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The trailer was slick, but the movie was a snore in spite of looking great.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:00 PM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Reading the reviews, it sounds like Zack Snyder needs to go away. He always makes long movies that focus on beautiful effects with zero story to back them up. DC.... get rid of him, he's going to cost you so much money and he'll never change his style which usually sits around a 50% RT score.
Sad part is he'll do Justice League Parts One and Two.... ugh.
DotD, 300, and Watchmen are outstanding movies -- Watchmen can't be compared to Marvel or Nolan films because it's very different but it is exceptionally well made IMO. I know many don't agree and it took me a few viewings to fully appreciate it.

Since then Snyder has gone completely off the rails.

Disappointed this film may end up being a turd, but I think it comes from the fact that -- like so many other franchises like Terminator and Aliens vs Predator and Transformers -- it pisses me off when a brand like this gets screwed up. Seriously, how do you screw up Batman and Superman teaming up? I guess by making them fight each other...
[Reply]
Page 92 of 126
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102 > Last »
Up