ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 111
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:34 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Kpass at least has always had excellent athleticism, he was just incredibly raw. Speaks was an awful draft pick from day 1. He has no attributes in particular that stand out. I'm glad the 2019 draft was a huge success because aside from Nnadi the 2018 draft was absolutely awful. It didn't really seem like Veach and the rest of the front office were prepared at all in 2018.

Speaks is a tweener DL, who was
horribly miscast at an OLB in Sutton’s D. When give the chance to play with a hand on the ground and play like a traditional DL, he showed some flashes as a rookie.

No, he doesn’t have a specific calling card - he does a little bit of everything. That type of player can be really successful in this system as a strong side DE/rush DT.
[Reply]
TRR 08:38 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
How anyone can reach a conclusion on Speaks one way or another is beyond me. Way too little to go on right now.
I agree with this. However, I was overly disappointed in how ungodly out of shape he was coming into camp last year. A second year guy coming in that out of shape after seeing your team sign three veterans at your position? That doesn’t bode well.

Hoping he wakes up.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
I agree with this. However, I was overly disappointed in how ungodly out of shape he was coming into camp last year. A second year guy coming in that out of shape after seeing your team sign three veterans at your position? That doesn’t bode well.

Hoping he wakes up.
well, kinda, yeah, but you have to consider:

He was drafted into the 3-4 and told to drop weight to play OLB. Then they shitcan Sutton and tell him to put the weight back on to play DL. So he kind of overdid it.

I mean, you know. It's not GREAT but it's not as bad as some people are making it out.

And with the early season injury, we don't really know what we've got there.
[Reply]
TRR 08:50 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

He was drafted into the 3-4 and told to drop weight to play OLB. Then they shitcan Sutton and tell him to put the weight back on to play DL. So he kind of overdid it.

I mean, you know. It's not GREAT but it's not as bad as some people are making it out.

I didn’t feel like he dropped any weight his rookie year to play OLB. Matter of fact I thought he looked heavier his rookie year than he did as a senior in college.

Either way you spin it, this picture is not good.

https://twitter.com/arrowheadlive/st...738235393?s=21
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

What we do know is they had him higher on the depth chart than KPass before the injury, but everybody hates Speaks, so let’s just stick to the narrative that KPass is different and we can’t expect a huge jump from Speaks in year 3 in a scheme where he’s a much better fit.
[Reply]
nychief 08:59 AM 04-05-2020
Re: speaks. He is going to get a shot, it'll ostensibly be his second year, when/if training camp takes place. We've lost EO and others, so there is a need. Either he performs or he doesn't. I don't understand all the handwringing because he was 2nd rnd pick... The league is a meritocracy, generally...

On another note, isn't he suspended the first 4 games?
[Reply]
TRR 09:01 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by nychief:
Re: speaks. He is going to get a shot, it'll ostensibly be his second year, when/if training camp takes place. We've lost EO and others, so there is a need. Either he performs or he doesn't. I don't understand all the handwringing because he was 2nd rnd pick... The league is a meritocracy, generally...

On another note, isn't he suspended the first 4 games?
No. He served them while injured. It basically amounted to a fine. Although there was no info given on what he tested positive for.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What we do know is they had him higher on the depth chart than KPass before the injury, but everybody hates Speaks, so let’s just stick to the narrative that KPass is different and we can’t expect a huge jump from Speaks in year 3 in a scheme where he’s a much better fit.
I thought Kpass had a real shot to show something last season, and he did.

I think Speaks has a real shot to show something this season.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:21 AM 04-05-2020
I didn’t feel like he dropped any weight his rookie year to play OLB. Matter of fact I thought he looked heavier his rookie year than he did as a senior in college.

Either way you spin it, this picture is not good.

https://twitter.com/arrowheadlive/st...738235393?s=21
Ehhh 6"3 300lb men don't have 6 packs. Ill reserve judgment for awhile.
[Reply]
TRR 09:29 AM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Ehhh 6"3 300lb men don't have 6 packs. Ill reserve judgment for awhile.
Dude...the guy came in completely out of shape, and unmotivated. I’m with you though. Hopefully he can figure it out. This will be a critical year for Speaks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:50 PM 04-05-2020
No guarantee Okafor will be 100% by Sep? That’s a 4 month recovery time max. He’s closing in on 100% right now.
Speculation

With Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Speaks, and a potential draft pick at DE....I’d save the $ for a different position.
Vet minimum against the cap? You're concerned about saving Vet minimum against the salary cap?

I don't think you understand the NFL Salary Cap.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 04-05-2020
Dude...the guy came in completely out of shape, and unmotivated.
So you're an expert on his motivation?

Please share with us how that works.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:40 PM 04-05-2020
Remember when KU football wanted all of their offensive and defensive lineman to cut weight and look lean? That worked out so, so well.
[Reply]
TRR 04:48 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Speculation

Vet minimum against the cap? You're concerned about saving Vet minimum against the salary cap?

I don't think you understand the NFL Salary Cap.
Reality.

Rather save a vet minimum contract for another position.
[Reply]
TRR 04:49 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So you're an expert on his motivation?

Please share with us how that works.

Thanks.
Not showing up to camp fat. Not hard.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 111
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111 >
Up