Page 306 of 934
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316356406806 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:57 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
That one makes me sad. Three years ago I thought that one has GOT to multiply...it's been a ten-bagger since then and I didn't buy in.
I've always thought it was crazy expensive but clearly harbor the same regrets. Have watched since it was basically half of 1 hundred and it continues to go up. I thought it was expensive in the mid to high 20x sales, then it was in the 30x range, just looked now and it's low 40x. I miss all the time but try not to chase. They'll be new opportunities. Was too late and was unsure of the business model on CDLX and not chasing saved me there for now.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:41 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Did anyone see what the hell Shopify did in the past week?

SHOP

Damn some of these things never get noticed until they double
Was in on Shopify 3 weeks ago but only out of luck as a trader friend had tipped me off that it was a potential runner. Sold on Thursday for a big gain.

I also continue to buy AMC dips, which is a much-debated move. I continue to believe it’ll pump enough to double or triple my money just from FOMO investing once the chain and film production begin to reopen operations.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:43 PM 04-19-2020
Home Depot and Lowe's will get a bump years down the line from all the new landlords and home buyers repairing damages done by evicted residents.

I guess.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:46 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Home Depot and Lowe's will get a bump years down the line from all the new landlords and home buyers repairing damages done by evicted residents.

I guess.
They’re both going to do well this and next earnings season. Places are fucking packed daily right now.

Everyone stuck at home finally have time for repairs.

I haven’t looked to see when either report, but they’re both a great option play leading up to earnings as they could potentially pop pre or post report.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:51 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
They’re both going to do well this and next earnings season. Places are fucking packed daily right now.

I haven’t looked to see when either report, but they’re both a great option play leading up to earnings as they could potentially pop pre or post report.
Also let's not forget to con-fucking-sider hurricane season is coming up.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:52 PM 04-19-2020

But the argument could be made that many people are just buying essentials. Will all these unemployed people be actually dumping loads on money into significant home improvement projects right now? That doesn't seem to make sense.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:18 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
But the argument could be made that many people are just buying essentials. Will all these unemployed people be actually dumping loads on money into significant home improvement projects right now? That doesn't seem to make sense.
Have you seen the stock market? None of this makes sense. We have ATH unemployment claims and the market is bull. Futures look fine. People just got stimulus checks, and there are a lot of idiots out there. People aren’t in HD and Lowe’s buying essentials. Just go visit one. They’re buying garden supplies. Plants. Paint. Sheetrock. Paneling. Mill work, etc.

People are using the time to redo their bathrooms, upgrade the deck, fix the garage door, put storage in the basement.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:19 AM 04-20-2020
Have you seen the stock market? None of this makes sense. We have ATH unemployment claims and the market is bull. Futures look fine. People just got stimulus checks, and there are a lot of idiots out there. People aren’t in HD and Lowe’s buying essentials. Just go visit one. They’re buying garden supplies. Plants. Paint. Sheetrock. Paneling. Mill work, etc.

People are using the time to redo their bathrooms, upgrade the deck, fix the garage door, put storage in the basement.
I'm having the best April I've ever had at my stone yard.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:58 AM 04-20-2020
Jesus oil is about $11 per barrell.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:31 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yeah, it's a fucking disaster.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:32 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Time to buy MOAR!
[Reply]
bsp4444 08:03 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Did anyone see what the hell Shopify did in the past week?

SHOP

Damn some of these things never get noticed until they double
Got in at $321 trading at $628 today. Sea Limited (SE) is a similar stock that may be worth watching. Currently trading at $54.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:01 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Out here in Methican America, a lot of people are making more money now than they would be if they were working their regular 32 hour/week job. Parent money, kid money, unemployment bonus, and now they think even more is coming. They're spending it, no doubt about it.

It'll be a different tune when their old job never calls them back in.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:03 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, it's a fucking disaster.
If my local ethanol plant shuts down, I'm absolutely fucked. I have no idea how I'll source enough affordable protein to cover the loss of byproduct.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:07 AM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Out here in Methican America, a lot of people are making more money now than they would be if they were working their regular 32 hour/week job. Parent money, kid money, unemployment bonus, and now they think even more is coming. They're spending it, no doubt about it.

It'll be a different tune when their old job never calls them back in.
Credit Card companies are gonna eat.
[Reply]
Page 306 of 934
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316356406806 > Last »
Up