< 12 345 >
Media Center>CBS AA: The Stand
keg in kc 03:35 PM 09-01-2020
Coming in December.

[Reply]
eDave 04:54 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Corin Nemec. He was hot at the time from the tv show ‘Parker Lewis Cant Lose’
I remember the exact moment the character was introduced in the movie. I was all like, "oh no". Ringwald wasn't much different.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:41 PM 12-20-2020
Just watched the first episode. It was.... okay. The showrunner must be a fucking Nolan fan because it hopscotches all over the place time-wise. Focused mainly on Harold and Stu. Harold is pretty much portrayed as a trenchcoat mafia wannabe type. The guy playing him definitely has his creep on.

I'll keep watching, but frankly I still prefer the old TV miniseries.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:38 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just watched the first episode. It was.... okay. The showrunner must be a fucking Nolan fan because it hopscotches all over the place time-wise. Focused mainly on Harold and Stu. Harold is pretty much portrayed as a trenchcoat mafia wannabe type. The guy playing him definitely has his creep on.

I'll keep watching, but frankly I still prefer the old TV miniseries.
I think I'll wait until all episodes are out and then either binge or skip based on reviews.
[Reply]
notorious 11:49 AM 12-21-2020
They need to have The Kid in this. He got cut completely from the 94 series damnit.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:07 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I think I'll wait until all episodes are out and then either binge or skip based on reviews.
I'm gonna' watch for Fraz updates then decide; his character opinions seem to be in sync with mine.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:08 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
They need to have The Kid in this. He got cut completely from the 94 series damnit.
How ya' like that happy crappy?
[Reply]
notorious 12:19 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
How ya' like that happy crappy?
The things he did to Trash.........the revolver in the hotel room.....:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 12:23 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
The things he did to Trash.........the revolver in the hotel room.....:-)
And his sweet ass car? All pure gold. How he fell to the cutting room floor on the final edition of the book was beyond me; except he didn't advance the story any and they needed to trim some words.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:08 PM 12-21-2020
One other thing I forgot to mention - all the Trips victims in this iteration die with massively swollen throats.

So basically all the corpses look like Mitch McConnell. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 03:28 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
And his sweet ass car? All pure gold. How he fell to the cutting room floor on the final edition of the book was beyond me; except he didn't advance the story any and they needed to trim some words.
Pretty much.

It's been 27 years since I've read the Stand.

The TV show switched a girl with Nadine that Larry was with at first. Obviously to cut down for screen time.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:07 PM 12-29-2020
I just watched the first episode. Oh my God, what a ****ing nightmare.

They are taking scenes from the book and showing them in completely random order. If you don't already know the plot and all of the characters, this adaption makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.

This review totally nails it: LINK

Post Show Recaps was planning to have a podcast review of each episode, but they've decided not do that because the show sucks so bad. One of the guys who was supposed to be on the podcast watched the first 3 episodes and he hated them so much that he decided not to do the podcast.

The sad thing is that cast is good, and the individual scenes are well-executed. But it makes no ****ing sense when they show the scenes in completely random order. I'm not going to waste my time watching the rest of this garbage.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:11 PM 12-29-2020
I have watched the first two episodes. Never thought I'd say this (publicly at least) but the 4 part miniseries was better.......I am not impressed at all...damn it all to hell.. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 08:09 PM 12-29-2020
Fuck.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I just watched the first episode. Oh my God, what a ****ing nightmare.

They are taking scenes from the book and showing them in completely random order. If you don't already know the plot and all of the characters, this adaption makes no ****ing sense whatsoever.

This review totally nails it: LINK

Post Show Recaps was planning to have a podcast review of each episode, but they've decided not do that because the show sucks so bad. One of the guys who was supposed to be on the podcast watched the first 3 episodes and he hated them so much that he decided not to do the podcast.

The sad thing is that cast is good, and the individual scenes are well-executed. But it makes no ****ing sense when they show the scenes in completely random order. I'm not going to waste my time watching the rest of this garbage.

Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I have watched the first two episodes. Never thought I'd say this (publicly at least) but the 4 part miniseries was better.......I am not impressed at all...damn it all to hell.. :-)

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:46 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Tons of wasted scenes and those scenes are waaaaay drug out for no discernible reason.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up