ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>HBO Max, Amazon Strike Deal to Bring App to Fire TV Devices
Tribal Warfare 02:34 PM 11-16-2020

HBO Max, Amazon finally strike deal to bring app to Fire TV devices https://t.co/mrBOc5DoLT pic.twitter.com/ImPxUTanQe

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 16, 2020

[Reply]
SuperChief 11:51 AM 11-17-2020
Fucking finally.
[Reply]
Pants 11:57 AM 11-17-2020
Fucking Roku needs to fucking budge already too.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:25 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Fucking finally.
It is/was super easy to sideload . . .
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Fucking Roku needs to fucking budge already too.
Why? They have all the leverage.
[Reply]
Pants 02:28 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why? They have all the leverage.
Fine. HBO Max needs to budge. I don't care who budges as long as I get to watch HBO on my Roku TV again.

:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:25 PM 11-17-2020
To be fair if your app isn't on fire or roku are like 3 people watching it?
[Reply]
unlurking 05:43 PM 11-17-2020
They fixed site access for Linux clients too.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:12 PM 11-17-2020
So is it going to be part of the Amazon package price? I already have HBO on my Amazon tv app but I pay for it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:18 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
To be fair if your app isn't on fire or roku are like 3 people watching it?
I mentioned this yesterday but HBO Max has 36 million subscribers, the majority of which are through a cable package, but only 8 million activations of the HBO Max app.

When you consider that most people have multiple TV's and devices, they could most certainly have less than 4 million active HBO Max users.

That's ridiculous but then again, it is AT&T running the show...
[Reply]
DRM08 09:24 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Fine. HBO Max needs to budge. I don't care who budges as long as I get to watch HBO on my Roku TV again.

:-)
Little bit of good news on that front. There is a very recent software update for Roku that now features Apple Airplay. If you have iPhone or iPad, you can use Airplay to stream HBO Max from the Apple device to your Roku device or TV.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Little bit of good news on that front. There is a very recent software update for Roku that now features Apple Airplay. If you have iPhone or iPad, you can use Airplay to stream HBO Max from the Apple device to your Roku device or TV.
That is correct. Previously, you could only cast from iOS to Roku from an app that supported it. So like I could cast YouTube but not NFL.

With AirPlay, you can cast pretty much everything.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:57 AM 11-23-2020
I run HBO Max on my PS4 and it isn't a great app. Half the time videos don't fully load but if I run same program through Hulu and I don't have a single issue. It's surprising that HBO has the issues it does. Maybe it is just the PS4 app and not HBO Max in general.
[Reply]
Up