ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding
BWillie 02:54 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:30 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I hate your friends.
Me too! He just sent me a pic of a morning beer.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:31 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How much snowpack is there to the north that hasn't melted yet?
TWC just posted a pic that parts of MN still have a foot.

Edit: here's an interactive map

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:46 AM 03-24-2019
Rulo, NE four days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZOihD2nTOc
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:29 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
TWC just posted a pic that parts of MN still have a foot

[Reply]
ptlyon 10:31 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

Heh!
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:40 PM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Good. We don't need any more coming this way
That was a slam at me because we were planning on moving to Cheyenne, and the moment we decided to stay here comes the blizzards and floods.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:04 AM 03-25-2019
That was a slam at me because we were planning on moving to Cheyenne, and the moment we decided to stay here comes the blizzards and floods.
Ah.
[Reply]
scho63 06:15 AM 03-25-2019
Yes, that's Eppley Airfield. And the arrow is where I'm living at the current moment.

In a van, down by the river? :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:44 AM 03-25-2019
Drove to KC for a wedding this lasts weekend. Took Hwy 75 south to Topeka on the way down there. Turns out I could have used 75 south to 36, then to 229, then to 29 south of St. Joe and saved myself the toll on the Kansas Turnpike, but whatever. It was actually a nice drive, even if it was an hour longer.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:42 AM 03-25-2019
Going back to Council Bluffs on Thursday - it looks like parts of I-29 are opening back up north of St Joe. How long did I-29 stay down in the floods of 2011?
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:45 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Going back to Council Bluffs on Thursday - it looks like parts of I-29 are opening back up north of St Joe. How long did I-29 stay down in the floods of 2011?
Several weeks at least due to damage to the road surface, iirc.
[Reply]
morphius 01:13 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Several weeks at least due to damage to the road surface, iirc.
Problem is that the water washes out under the roads, I remember last time you would have had better luck driving through the mud in a lowered yugo than trying to get over the cracked concrete in an offroad jeep.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:19 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by morphius:
Problem is that the water washes out under the roads, I remember last time you would have had better luck driving through the mud in a lowered yugo than trying to get over the cracked concrete in an offroad jeep.

That happened to Highway 54/63 just north of Jeff City across the river during the '93 flood. The entire stretch of highway had to be redone. Took several weeks to repair.

One of my friends from high school lives south of Jeff City and worked south of Columbia. Had to drive nearly 60 miles out of the way each direction to get to work until it was fixed.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:22 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That happened to Highway 54/63 just north of Jeff City across the river during the '93 flood. The entire stretch of highway had to be redone. Took several weeks to repair.

One of my friends from high school lives south of Jeff City and worked south of Columbia. Had to drive nearly 60 miles out of the way each direction to get to work until it was fixed.
I was in Columbia in 93. What a mess but at least we were fine. I did have to go to Jeff City shortly after the flood and I think we had to divert all the way down through Hermann and back to get there.
[Reply]
Monty 01:28 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I was working in Jeff City during that time. One route in and out of downtown for most of the summer. It was an hour or two every day getting in and out of there. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up