ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding
BWillie 02:54 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
[Reply]
ghak99 01:53 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Flooding prompts criticism of way Missouri River dams run

https://journalstar.com/news/state-a...1f9f3.amp.html
It should have been one of the first few posts in the thread.

It's a good example of what happens when common sense is lost.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:18 PM 03-29-2019
Flooding prompts criticism of way Missouri River dams run

https://journalstar.com/news/state-a...1f9f3.amp.html
I don't know if it is true or not, but there should be absolutely no measures taken to save some endangered fish or bird, at least if that is at the expense of more flooding and possible lives & property lost of humans.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:44 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't know if it is true or not, but there should be absolutely no measures taken to save some endangered fish or bird, at least if that is at the expense of more flooding and possible lives & property lost of humans.
It is absolutely true. Now, I won't say that this flooding is being caused by executing such, as it was the perfect storm. But 2011 was due to them following "the master manual", and it bit them. They have since changed said Master manual.

But they do regulate the river in accordance with endangered species. They lower the river in normal conditions so that the least turn and the piping plover can hatch their eggs on sandbars between Yankton and Ponca. "That is the only place they lay and hatch their eggs". What a load of shit. My brother had one nesting in his yard one year, and that is 20 miles from the river the way the crow flies. They even mark those sandbars so you won't go on them and disturb their nesting, can can be fined if caught doing so.

So there is more at work here other than the corps. It's the EPA. And they have maybe as much power in govt as any other entity.
[Reply]
Fish 06:33 AM 03-30-2019
And.... it's now snowing in KC.

JFC.....
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:22 PM 03-30-2019

[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:29 PM 03-30-2019
My God.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:04 PM 03-30-2019
That looks like it's just debris that can be easily removed. I'm waiting to see what 680 looks like. Not sure how much the water has receded over that way.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:52 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That is a buttfuckassload of cornstalks.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:02 PM 03-30-2019
Still not looking too good around Sidney, IA.

[Reply]
Buehler445 03-30-2019, 04:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Buehler445. Reason: Dupe
Bowser 05:17 PM 03-30-2019
I saw pictures of that tractor sales place by the Loves truck stop on I-29. All the trucks had a foot of debris piled up on their fifth wheels, and I can't imagine each of them isn't a total loss.
[Reply]
morphius 08:51 PM 03-30-2019
It is absolutely true. Now, I won't say that this flooding is being caused by executing such, as it was the perfect storm. But 2011 was due to them following "the master manual", and it bit them. They have since changed said Master manual.

But they do regulate the river in accordance with endangered species. They lower the river in normal conditions so that the least turn and the piping plover can hatch their eggs on sandbars between Yankton and Ponca. "That is the only place they lay and hatch their eggs". What a load of shit. My brother had one nesting in his yard one year, and that is 20 miles from the river the way the crow flies. They even mark those sandbars so you won't go on them and disturb their nesting, can can be fined if caught doing so.

So there is more at work here other than the corps. It's the EPA. And they have maybe as much power in govt as any other entity.
Yeah, the Corp have their hands tied by the laws and rules set by the government.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:44 AM 03-31-2019
That looks like it's just debris that can be easily removed. I'm waiting to see what 680 looks like. Not sure how much the water has receded over that way.
Talked to someone yesterday who said it was undermined. Don't know if true.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:28 AM 03-31-2019
i mean maybe dont build in a flood zone????
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:48 PM 03-31-2019
Now the flooding has delayed the closing on our new home that was supposed to happen at 8:30 tomorrow morning. About a week ago the bank called and said since this has been declared a disaster area they need to do a drive-by inspection, I assume to make sure it isn't, or hasn't been, flooded. Well since it would take a flood of biblical proportions to reach this home, I didn't think there was anything to worry about.

NOT SO FAST.

The day the inspector drove by just happened to be one of the days the seller had a dumpster in the driveway, you know, because people often get them to dispose of stuff they no longer want or need before they move out. Inspector sees said dumpster and marks it down as "under construction".

Bank calls us Friday afternoon (TWO DAYS LATER) and asks us what is being done to the house. Well nothing that we're aware of, but my wife makes the mistake of mentioning it did get a new roof. But that was the week before and it was completed by this time. That's not good enough though, they want all kinds of documentation of what was done and verification that it was all completed and blah blah blah...ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON. Well of course we can't get all that to them until Monday morning and then get to wait around until their underwriters approve it. WELL TAKE YOUR TIME GUYS IT'S NOT LIKE WE DON'T HAVE ALL OF OUR STUFF PACKED UP AND HAVE MOVERS AND CARPET CLEANERS AND FURNITURE DELIVERIES SCHEDULED OR ANYTHING.

Jackasses.

Talked to someone yesterday who said it was undermined. Don't know if true.
It was destroyed in 2011 so I'm assuming it is again.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:47 PM 03-31-2019
Now the flooding has delayed the closing on our new home that was supposed to happen at 8:30 tomorrow morning. About a week ago the bank called and said since this has been declared a disaster area they need to do a drive-by inspection, I assume to make sure it isn't, or hasn't been, flooded. Well since it would take a flood of biblical proportions to reach this home, I didn't think there was anything to worry about.

NOT SO FAST.

The day the inspector drove by just happened to be one of the days the seller had a dumpster in the driveway, you know, because people often get them to dispose of stuff they no longer want or need before they move out. Inspector sees said dumpster and marks it down as "under construction".

Bank calls us Friday afternoon (TWO DAYS LATER) and asks us what is being done to the house. Well nothing that we're aware of, but my wife makes the mistake of mentioning it did get a new roof. But that was the week before and it was completed by this time. That's not good enough though, they want all kinds of documentation of what was done and verification that it was all completed and blah blah blah...ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON. Well of course we can't get all that to them until Monday morning and then get to wait around until their underwriters approve it. WELL TAKE YOUR TIME GUYS IT'S NOT LIKE WE DON'T HAVE ALL OF OUR STUFF PACKED UP AND HAVE MOVERS AND CARPET CLEANERS AND FURNITURE DELIVERIES SCHEDULED OR ANYTHING.

Jackasses.

Bummer.

I'm so out of the loop, you're staying in Omaha? What happened to the Rocky Mountains??
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up