ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ravens/ Steelers moving to [Wednesday? Maybe? WTF knows?]
cmh6476 12:02 PM 11-25-2020
poster boy Lamar must have tested positive

The #Ravens-#Steelers game previously set for Thursday night is being postponed to Sunday afternoon. The first in several weeks.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The donks should be sooo pissed off.

This is horse shit. Forfeit the game or push the season back a week and play these type of games in week 18.
Forfeits absolutely should not be on the table. They would destroy the playoff seedings.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I gotta agree. They had to play a game with a QB yet the Steelers\Ravens gets postponed and moved 3 times and counting...
Ravens and Steelers originally got postponed several days before the scheduled game.

The Broncos situation came to light less than 24 hours before the game with the Saints.

They're not the same situation at all.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:15 PM 12-01-2020

Ravens’ flight remains scheduled to leave for Pittsburgh at 7:15 pm.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 1, 2020

Reporter: What kind of plane is it?

Johnny Harbaugh: Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.

— Steelers Depot �� (@Steelersdepot) December 1, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:20 PM 12-01-2020

Ravens activate 4 from COVID-19 list; 16 remain https://t.co/W6ttgOJBqb pic.twitter.com/nF1USEmkr5

— Ron Bohning (@RonBohning) December 1, 2020

[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:52 PM 12-01-2020
i need points from steelers defense so need this game to go lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:55 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

:-)

[Reply]
Bowser 06:04 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ravens and Steelers originally got postponed several days before the scheduled game.

The Broncos situation came to light less than 24 hours before the game with the Saints.

They're not the same situation at all.
But by the rules they could have played their game with the Saints 24 hours later on Monday. The Broncos should be royally pissed right now, ESPECIALLY considering the hoops the league is jumping through for the Ravens and Steelers.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:10 PM 12-01-2020
Both Denver and Baltimore failed to follow the guidelines. They don't deserve to get their schedule changed to help them. Pittsburgh is the team getting screwed. They didn't have COVID-19 issues but their opponents have fucked shit up and made Pittsburgh pay the price.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:12 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But by the rules they could have played their game with the Saints 24 hours later on Monday. The Broncos should be royally pissed right now, ESPECIALLY considering the hoops the league is jumping through for the Ravens and Steelers.
I don't know about the rule but the logistics of changing a game on that short of notice would have been super difficult and the networks would likely have to have agreed as well.

The Ravens and Steelers had 4 days more notice. That's not insignificant or arbitrary. It's a ton of time comparatively to work things out.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:18 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Both Denver and Baltimore failed to follow the guidelines. They don't deserve to get their schedule changed to help them. Pittsburgh is the team getting screwed. They didn't have COVID-19 issues but their opponents have ****ed shit up and made Pittsburgh pay the price.
Don't care lol
[Reply]
DaFace 06:25 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I tend to agree that the Broncos have a right to be pissed. However...

The rule is that games can be moved for HEALTH reasons (i.e., risk of further spread) but not COMPETITIVE reasons (i.e., lack of players who are eligible). That's the difference.

Of course, it kind of sucks that the teams that control shit have to play while those who don't get their games moved. But this year is just weird. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:27 PM 12-01-2020
If the league wasn't so greedy they would just make the Ravens forfeit the game. They want their money.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:29 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If the league wasn't so greedy they would just make the Ravens forfeit the game. They want their money.
If a team forfeits, the PLAYERS don't get paid. On either team.

So it isn't just the league.

Plus forcing the Ravens to forfeit isn't fair to other playoff contenders, especially the Chiefs.

It's not an option.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:29 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't know about the rule but the logistics of changing a game on that short of notice would have been super difficult and the networks would likely have to have agreed as well.

The Ravens and Steelers had 4 days more notice. That's not insignificant or arbitrary. It's a ton of time comparatively to work things out.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I tend to agree that the Broncos have a right to be pissed. However...

The rule is that games can be moved for HEALTH reasons (i.e., risk of further spread) but not COMPETITIVE reasons (i.e., lack of players who are eligible). That's the difference.

Of course, it kind of sucks that the teams that control shit have to play while those who don't get their games moved. But this year is just weird. It is what it is.
To be clear, when I said "rules", I was referring to the actual Covid five day rule. I believe all three Denver QB's would have been cleared to play by Monday with their negative tests. The rest I'll defer on.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:32 PM 12-01-2020
Collinsworth doing mouth stretches
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-01-2020, 06:33 PM
This message has been deleted by OrtonsPiercedTaint.
Page 15 of 17
« First < 51112131415 1617 >
Up