ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How do we save ChiefsPlanet?
TLO 10:47 PM 08-16-2017
I've said this before, and I think it bares repeating - the only good/real football talk that goes on around here is in the chatroom on gameday, and in the draft sub forum.

I personally gave up a long time ago trying to have productive conversations in threads for a few reasons;

1. I got tired of being a "****ing moron" or "butt ****ing mongoloid" when I didn't agree with someone's asinine take. I have a decent amount of football knowledge, and I enjoy discussing it with others in chat on Sundays.

2. The mega threads are not easy to keep a conversation going in. I could reply to someone, go back to work for an hour or two, and our conversation has already been ruined by the typical "Alex Smith sucks" or "Alex is the best" crowd.

3. The Alex Smith fanboys and the Alex Smith haters derail threads all the damn time. What's the point about trying to have a conversation about the TE position when SweetDaddyHate or another will chime in about "who cares who our TEs are, won't ever matter because Alex is our QB - lololololol"

I love this place, I really do. And maybe in a weird way by starting stupid threads all the time and poking fun at Dane on occasion, I'm just trying to lighten the mood around here. (Though I've recently stopped starting so many threads, as well as poking fun at Dane)

Idk what the answer is to the problems Chiefsplanet is having, but I'd like to be part of the solution.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:23 AM 08-17-2017
Actually, maybe we need more buttfucking.
[Reply]
Otter 10:23 AM 08-17-2017
The doctor says he's coming but you gotta pay him cash.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:23 AM 08-17-2017
OP is a bunch of hyperbole bullshit.

Alex Smith is our starting Qb and we just drafted a rookie 1st rounder. Most football conversations will inherently include either Mahomes or Smith, and you can't have one with out the other. The two will forever be married in conversation until Smith is no longer a part of the team.

You wanna talk about our receivers? The QB will inevitably enter the equation.

O-Line? Ditto.

Offense in general? Andy Reid? The QB will inevitably enter the conversation because the QB is THAT important and influences every facet of the offense. You can't talk offensive football without inevitably discussing the QB. Get over it.

That's not derailment. It's called football discussion. You know, the very thing you're bitching about not occurring.
[Reply]
notorious 10:27 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Actually, maybe we need more butt****ing.
Be patient. The playoffs will be here before you know it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:28 AM 08-17-2017
Megathreads are very easy to keep a conversation going. But Megathreads generally cover a variety of topics. Since there's many posters making a lot of posts the thread is bound to branch off in different directions. There's nothing keeping you from sticking to the branch you want to discuss.

If no one is participating in what you want to discuss....well....your discussion is probably boring.

As far as name calling goes....jesus....get over it. If someone starts talking shit then talk shit back. It's quite fun tbh.

Name calling generally doesn't come out until discussion gets heated. Heated football discussions....the very thing you claim doesn't occur....
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:32 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
This place would be great if we could get rid of all the buttfucking morons.
I told you I'm not leaving.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 08-17-2017
You know why Chiefs discussion doesn't dominate this board? Because Chiefsplanet is a community, not just a football forum. It's not arrowhead pride where you have a bunch of rando's dropping by that you'll never hear from again.

We talk about various things like a community would. I've been posting here for 12 years now. I've spent nearly my entire adulthood with you butt-fucking assholes.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:41 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Megathreads are very easy to keep a conversation going. But Megathreads generally cover a variety of topics. Since there's many posters making a lot of posts the thread is bound to branch off in different directions. There's nothing keeping you from sticking to the branch you want to discuss.

If no one is participating in what you want to discuss....well....your discussion is probably boring.

As far as name calling goes....jesus....get over it. If someone starts talking shit then talk shit back. It's quite fun tbh.

Name calling generally doesn't come out until discussion gets heated. Heated football discussions....the very thing you claim doesn't occur....
The typical experience with a Chiefs megathread like the training camp thread is that you wander into it wanting to know what's new, see 6 pages of posters blasting each other and Alex Smith talk, no actual information, so you breeze right back out.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:44 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
The typical experience with a Chiefs megathread like the training camp thread is that you wander into it wanting to know what's new, see 6 pages of posters blasting each other and Alex Smith talk, no actual information, so you breeze right back out.
That's understandable if it's a thread you're not keeping up with. Hence the need for non-megathreads. I expressed in the sticky that we should have both. For the TC thread for example, the actual information is easily found in OP twitter feed. That info can be extracted and discussed.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:01 AM 08-17-2017
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, is OP still a buttfucking moron?

/s
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:09 AM 08-17-2017
We is awesome.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:18 AM 08-17-2017
Why would CP stop for a conversation if you leave for a few hours? Just go back to whomever the conversation is and say what you want to say. I've seen threads get back on track.

This has been the funnest offseason ever as a Chiefs fan and on Chiefs Planet because we drafted a QBotf that gives the Chiefs a bright future and if you happen to like the current quarterback you got that going. I'm just excited about the new quarterback and going take in everything this season has to offer because this is going be a fun ride for a long time my friends.

Relax and enjoy the show it's not the same show it's something new I know I haven't seen before.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:28 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Be patient. The playoffs will be here before you know it.
Thread. Winner.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:29 AM 08-17-2017
Perhaps the mods should create a subforum specifically for serious football discussion only - no grab ass or rude behavior allowed. The Anti-Romper Room.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:29 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I told you I'm not leaving.
Close second
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up