ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ladies and gentlemen... Matt Nagy!!!!
chiefzilla1501 08:35 PM 04-27-2017
Anybody kinda sorta totally sensing a theme here?

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...c-00ada711b1a4
“For us, the biggest thing is to continue to stay aggressive, which we all know,” co-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy said. “We came out last week and we put up 14 points right away and we all know the second half wasn’t what we wanted. We’re well aware of that—coaches and players. It’s a mentality of finishing.

“If we keep our foot on the pedal and have that finish mentality on every single play. Not just one play in the second half, or five plays, but every single play we need to have that mentality to finish. That’s going to be important.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ep-on-offense/
Pederson says he likes what Smith brings to the team, but that he and quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy want to see Smith “shoot the ball down the field” often this spring so that deep balls can be a more productive part of the offense come the regular season.

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-a...es-going-deep/
“He understands that, if there’s anybody that understands where we want to go with this offense and stretching people downfield, Alex gets it,” Nagy said. “But he’s also going to be smart with his decisions, and he’s proven that with his track record. We’re going to use time in practice to take those downfield shots.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city...-qb-alex-smith
“Let’s let the ball rip a little bit,’’ Nagy told Smith. “It’s practice. Let’s see what we can get away with and what we can’t get away with so when the games come we know where we’re at.’’

“We’re a little more aggressive right now in training camp with some downfield throws as far as his decision making,’’ Nagy said. “We’re telling him to push the ball. You may see an interception here or there that he may not necessarily make in a game but we’re telling him to do that, trust it and just see what happens. Now, when we get to a game, let’s make the right decision.

“There are some days when it really jumps out at you and you get back in the afternoon and watch the tape and you give him a high-five and say, ‘That’s what I’m talking about.’"
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:49 PM 04-27-2017
Doesn't sound like an OC who loves managing games.

Nagy is going to turn Mahommes loose. And it's going to be fucking glorious.
[Reply]
Black Bob 08:50 PM 04-27-2017
We need to talk Mariucci into being our QB coach. Nagy isn't good enough IMO. OC maybe? But not QB coach.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:52 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
We need to talk Mariucci into being our QB coach. Nagy isn't good enough IMO. OC maybe? But not QB coach.
Based on what?
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 08:54 PM 04-27-2017
alex afraid to let it rip in practice
pussy
[Reply]
Black Bob 08:58 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Based on what?
Mooch coached Favre when he was young.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:04 PM 04-27-2017
He also started Jeff Garcia and Joey Harrington. Not exactly two guys who let loose.

Nagy seems like he's itching for his QB to just let it loose.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:11 PM 04-27-2017
Maybe we can get Holmgren to be our water boy as well.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:54 PM 04-27-2017
Great idea, let's dig up Bill Walsh and bring back Mike Martz while we're at it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:01 AM 04-28-2017
Fire Bob Sutton and get the Star Wars people to revive Jim Johnson like they did Grand Moff Tarkin
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:06 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Fire Bob Sutton and get the Star Wars people to revive Jim Johnson like they did Grand Moff Tarkin
:-)
[Reply]
Kman34 07:20 AM 04-28-2017
I think Andy Reid will take care of him just fine...
[Reply]
Hoover 07:34 AM 04-28-2017
Frankly I think everything changed once Hill emerged last year. They know we have a legit homerun hitter, and when you pair him with Kelce and Maclin its a dangerous combo IF you have a playmaking QB.

I've been waiting for the time when Reid would start focusing on offensive playmakers in the draft.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:07 AM 04-28-2017
This is good news to hear. It's going to be a tough division this year. The Chargers are going to be legit if they are healthy. Denver could very well be in the cellar which would just be awesome.
We need our OL to stay healthy and really gel for smith to get the ball downfield though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:31 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I think Andy Reid will take care of him just fine...
I am just wondering how much influence Nagy had in this. Those comments sound like a guy who was being diplomatic about how frustrated he was that Alex Smith doesn't want to press. There's only so many times he can keep saying the word "aggressive". Much as people bagged on Andy for being conservative, I think deep down Andy wants an oc and qb who will attack. Favre and McNabb were his two greatest successes
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up