ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Zack Snyder's Justice League Director's cut will air on HBOMAX
Tribal Warfare 12:38 PM 05-20-2020

�� It's official, The Snyder Cut of #JusticeLeague is coming to HBO Max in 2021. �� pic.twitter.com/1kgcXFMk6D

— Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) May 20, 2020

This is real. #releasethesnydercut@HBOMax pic.twitter.com/Cnvupwg48W

— Zack Snyder (@ZackSnyder) May 20, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:00 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You're missing out on two of the best shows of the past decade (Leftovers, Watchmen) having taken that position.
That is fine by me. I will never patronize that douchebag's work.

Ever.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:09 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, HBO is done with Weiss & Benioff, so there's no chance of an alternate conclusion.

Seriously, off the top of my head, I can't remember a time when the conclusion of a TV series led to the virtual end of careers, like it has with B&W. I stopped watching around Season 3 but if the ending is anywhere near as foul as the ending to LOST, they deserve the kind of response they've been given by fans of the show.

I swore to never watch anything in which Damon Lindeloff has his mitts on and to day, I've been able to keep that promise. If fans of GoT feel the same way, then B&W are going to have a rough ride ahead.
It's been a few years, but from what I remember, Lost had a weird last episode. And that was pretty much it.

Game of Thrones went to shit for years before the final season swirled down the bowl. Season 5 had some moments but it was clear they couldn't handle anything beyond the confines of the books. Season 6 was bad. Season 7 was worse. Season 8 was maybe the worst season of a formerly great show in the history of television. I'll never watch it again, this after watching the first 4 seasons multiple times each.

It'll be interesting seeing what Snyder's cut actually ends up being. It may well be that Joss Whedon butchered a potentially decent movie, as hard as that is to believe. Although I'm one of the few people that didn't hate Man of Steel and BvS, and one of the very, very few who didn't think The Avengers was really all that great.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:21 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It'll be interesting seeing what Snyder's cut actually ends up being. It may well be that Joss Whedon butchered a potentially decent movie, as hard as that is to believe. Although I'm one of the few people that didn't hate Man of Steel and BvS, and one of the very, very few who didn't think The Avengers was really all that great.
I've never been a fan of Joss Whedon's work. When I initially saw The Avengers, I just couldn't connect with it and it took me several viewings to finish it.

As I've mentioned a few times, I watched all 23 Marvel films in chronological order last month and in that context, I liked the movie a bit better. But The Avengers and Age of Ulton failed to live up to my expectations, especially when compared to the Russo Brother's Marvel films.

I'm sure I'll watch this monstrosity once it's on HBO Max but it's not anything I look forward to seeing and it will just likely be something I watch because nothing else sounds appealing.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:22 PM 05-20-2020
I loved Man Of Steel, like BvS Ultimate Edition...so I assume this will be alot better than the original JL which was meh. I also believe they will finish it.

Exciting for a comic book nerd like me since I know WB won't make a Man Of Steel 2.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:24 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Heh. Perhaps. The directors cut of Batman vs Superman is better. But not that much better
It was alot better imo. Not great but solid imo. Like a 7/10 imo, filled out more story and character development. I still have watched it multiple times and seen JL once in Theaters.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:39 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's been a few years, but from what I remember, Lost had a weird last episode. And that was pretty much it.
I remember they denied for years the characters being in purgatory. And that’s what it ended up being.
[Reply]
Jamie 04:40 PM 05-20-2020
$20 to $30 million doesn't seem like enough, given how unfinished and effects-heavy it is. Supposedly there were entire sequences that were still just animatics. Maybe they expect the shut down to cause a work gap in the VFX industry they can take advantage of.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:44 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You're missing out on two of the best shows of the past decade (Leftovers, Watchmen) having taken that position.
:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:45 PM 05-20-2020
I've never been a fan of Joss Whedon's work. When I initially saw The Avengers, I just couldn't connect with it and it took me several viewings to finish it.
I love his TV work. But aside from Serenity (which was basically a big budget extended final episode of Firefly) and Cabin the Woods (which I haven't seen...), I can't think of any movie he's done that was more than just 'okay'.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:16 PM 05-20-2020
Yeah, HBO is done with Weiss & Benioff, so there's no chance of an alternate conclusion.

Seriously, off the top of my head, I can't remember a time when the conclusion of a TV series led to the virtual end of careers, like it has with B&W. I stopped watching around Season 3 but if the ending is anywhere near as foul as the ending to LOST, they deserve the kind of response they've been given by fans of the show.
I'd rate them about the same. With Lost, it had been such a fucking mess for so long that I literally had no idea how they could wrap it up in a way that made sense, but a naive part of me thought maybe they could pull it off. Wrong. With GoT, however, I could visualize so many better ways they could have done it, and instead they just said to hell with this shit, we're wrapping it up, fuck everybody who's devoted years to this show, we're moving on. Like it wasn't bad enough dealing with Martin's eternal procrastination. Hell, the show's been done for what, two years now, and the lazy prick still hasn't finished the sixth book. :-)

Originally Posted by :
I swore to never watch anything in which Damon Lindeloff has his mitts on and to day, I've been able to keep that promise. If fans of GoT feel the same way, then B&W are going to have a rough ride ahead.
I feel the same way about David Lynch. I think by now everybody knows why. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:04 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)
Weren't you the guy who didn't want to watch it (and supposedly never did) because it you thought it had politics you disagreed with in it based on the trailers? A silly approach to take, but to each his own. In any case, I'm far from the only one to think it was good last year:

#25 on this list for decade: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-l...tchmen-914768/

#1 on this list for 2019: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/...n-russian-doll

Best of 2019: https://www.newsweek.com/best-tv-sho...tchmen-1479617
[Reply]
notorious 06:18 PM 05-20-2020
Man of Steel had some great scenes, but the battles with his uncle/minions was fatiguing and boring.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:50 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember they denied for years the characters being in purgatory. And that’s what it ended up being.
Lost is still a top 5 fav show but they completely fucked up the ending - either JJ or the other guy made a statement that after watching breaking bad's finale they realized how terrible their ending was lol
[Reply]
listopencil 01:08 AM 05-21-2020

Wow. I don't really pay enough attention to stuff like that (who makes what shows) to have picked up on that. I will occasionally notice when a guy (or group) makes a few different movies/TV shows that I like (or hate) but that's about it. I watched the show and the entire last season was pretty disappointing. The finale was just brutal.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:42 AM 05-21-2020
I liked Justice League especially the part Superman kicked Batmans ass like he should have in B v S.

The Flash was the best that made the film worth watching also Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up