ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:01 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Wow easy there champ. :-) I was merely pointing out that Trey & Matt don't even have to work that hard in order to make a shit ton of money.
You're a fucking moron if you think they don't "work that hard".

And once again, you know nothing about the entertainment industry.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:46 PM 05-28-2020
Wow easy there champ. :-) I was merely pointing out that Trey & Matt don't even have to work that hard in order to make a shit ton of money.
If it was easy and not very much work, then everyone would be doing it.

They got paid because they are unique talents and very few people can do what they do. Similar to why elite athletes get paid alot of money.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:59 PM 05-28-2020
Cancelling Hulu. Only reason I kept them around was for Letterkenny and Ric & Morty. It was starting to occur to me that HBO really has nothing to offer now that GoT is gone but MAX will keep me around for a while.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:19 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If it was easy and not very much work, then everyone would be doing it.

They got paid because they are unique talents and very few people can do what they do. Similar to why elite athletes get paid alot of money.
What this guy doesn't understand is that while the South Park creators are spending about 7 days to create each episode, a practice that began in 2012 because they were over-thinking with more time, is the 30 odd years it took for them to get to this point.

So many people only see "overnight sensations" and don't see the years of toiling that's required for nearly everyone in the entertainment business. There are tens of thousands of people that tried to make it in the business but after struggling for years on end, financially and emotionally, they pack it up and move on.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:40 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What this guy doesn't understand is that while the South Park creators are spending about 7 days to create each episode, a practice that began in 2012 because they were over-thinking with more time, is the 30 odd years it took for them to get to this point.

So many people only see "overnight sensations" and don't see the years of toiling that's required for nearly everyone in the entertainment business. There are tens of thousands of people that tried to make it in the business but after struggling for years on end, financially and emotionally, they pack it up and move on.
There must be millions of very talented people who never make it in the entertainment business. The funny thing about art is, you never know what will catch fire with the public consciousness.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:17 PM 05-28-2020
There must be millions of very talented people who never make it in the entertainment business. The funny thing about art is, you never know what will catch fire with the public consciousness.
No, I wouldn't go as far as to say "millions" because that's an absurd number and in my experience, there's a HUGE difference between the bottom 99% and the 1% that breakthrough and have careers.

There are thousands of people that move to Los Angeles each year to be in the entertainment business who realize that it takes years of hard work and little income in order for it to "pay off", so they just decide to move on with their lives. And unlike a college degree, the entertainment business offers no guarantee of earnings, unless you're working in a "regular position" such as finance, legal and so on.

It would completely suck to be a young person trying to "make it" while paying $1,800 a month for a crappy Single apartment in 2020.
[Reply]
eDave 05:20 PM 05-28-2020
Might as well say Seth MacFarlane didn't/doesn't work hard for his success.

All these talents deserve what they get and are therefore getting it. I wonder what George Clooney' cut is.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:30 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You think 20+ seasons of episodes at 6 days an episode isn’t that hard?
All I was saying is that they are living the good life & got a great great deal out of the ordeal geez folks. And yeah I bet its hard. Comedy is hard to do and Trey Parker / Matt Stone make it look effortless.

I think we're having miscommunications regarding the matter. No doubt Dane knows way more about the entertainment industry than me, but all I was getting at is that Trey & Matt totally rocked the deal .
[Reply]
sully1983 05:33 PM 05-28-2020
You're a ****ing moron if you think they don't "work that hard".

And once again, you know nothing about the entertainment industry.
Fair enough Dane. I shouldn't have said they don't "work that hard". They are extremely talented at what they do and I am a fan.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:40 PM 05-28-2020
but all I was getting at is that Trey & Matt totally rocked the deal .
That, they did.

But they didn't "fleece" HBO Max, who paid more than $1.5 billion for the streaming rights to Two & A Half Men and Big Bang Theory or Netflix, which paid more than $550 million for the rights to Seinfeld.

Netflix was in on the South Park licensing but offered $550 million for worldwide rights whereas their deal with HBO Max is for Domestic airing only, meaning they'll still be able to profit from International Territories.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:23 PM 05-28-2020
Lets not derail this thread.

Dane, how are you liking HBO Max?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:33 PM 05-28-2020
Dane, how are you liking HBO Max?
I think it sucks ass and was an obvious ploy to gain some attention in the Streaming Wars.

For starters, how in the world can they call it HBO "Max" when they're launching with ZERO 4K, HDR and UHD content?

I receive HBO for free from AT&T but if I didn't, I wouldn't sign up for it because at $14.99 per month, it's a joke compared to Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and especially Disney+, which is less than half the price.

AT&T is completely clueless about the entertainment business and they're shedding Direct TV customers by the millions each quarter, so it comes as no surprise to me that HBO Max will be shit for at least another 9 months and probably a full year at the earliest.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:20 PM 05-28-2020
I think it sucks ass and was an obvious ploy to gain some attention in the Streaming Wars.

For starters, how in the world can they call it HBO "Max" when they're launching with ZERO 4K, HDR and UHD content?

I receive HBO for free from AT&T but if I didn't, I wouldn't sign up for it because at $14.99 per month, it's a joke compared to Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and especially Disney+, which is less than half the price.

AT&T is completely clueless about the entertainment business and they're shedding Direct TV customers by the millions each quarter, so it comes as no surprise to me that HBO Max will be shit for at least another 9 months and probably a full year at the earliest.
Yea. It’s ok. I haven’t watched HBO in awhile so it’s nice for me. I wouldn’t pay $15.99 a month for it. It comes included with my wireless plan.

AT&T has too many options. HBO now, HBO go, HBO Max, AT&T watch TV, AT&T Now, AT&T TV, Direct TV....

Last I heard they were trying to sell Direct TV. Probably a good thing.
[Reply]
bowener 08:13 AM 05-29-2020
I'm guessing it's a 10 year deal, so $50 million per. That won't make them billionaires but they'll be very, very wealthy.
You're right I was wrong. However, combined they are worth an estimated $1.3 billion. It's still crazy to me. When I was 12-13 years old this was one of those shows I wasn't allowed to watch, but thankfully some friend's parents didn't give a damn.
[Reply]
eDave 12:23 PM 05-29-2020
This didn't do much for me. And the menu sucks. And my "continue watching" did not port over.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up