ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 219
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:37 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by -King-:
This thread has been shit for the last 2 pages. Wonder who/what caused it....
Guess what? no one gives a damn... but i hear the big titties thread needs customers.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:42 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by Fish:
Happy birthday, Johannes Kepler!

Kepler was born on this day in 1571. He was a German mathematician and astronomer who is most well known for his three laws of planetary motion, the first of which states that the planets orbit around the sun in ellipses. Though he was not the first to assert the heliocentric theory, he was able to determine information about the orbits mathematically based on the planet’s distance from the sun. Kepler is regarded as one of the most important astronomers of the 17th century.
Christian
[Reply]
Fish 11:54 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Christian
Nothing wrong with that. It helped in those days for scientists to be loyal to the church. He saw his peer Galileo thrown in prison by the church for making bold scientific claims.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:02 AM 12-28-2013
Looked up those people and they don't do ANYTHING to help your cause.

FFS, Hal Putoff who's probably the most valid person out of the 3 is a scientologist and claims to have ESP!
Jacques Vallee?... dude you're right, i was just joshin ya.

a) Masters in astrophysics
b) part of the team that made the first detailed map of Mars
c) computer networking leader who in essence helped develop the internet
d) basis for the idealized character of lead scientist in Steven Spielbergs - Close Encounters of the Third Kind
e) highly respected consultant for the US government on these matters

In other words... a hack, a kook... if HE is interested in it, run far far away.

Gosh, you got me.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:09 AM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by Fish:
Nothing wrong with that. f
of course there isn't..that "problem" only surfaced recently.
[Reply]
-King- 12:11 AM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by scott free:

d) basis for the idealized character of lead scientist in Steven Spielbergs - Close Encounters of the Third Kind

In other words... a hack, a kook... if HE is interested in it, run far far away.

Gosh, you got me.
Dude even HE admits that he's pretty far gone in the UFO community. He calls himself a heretic among heretics.

No one is saying that he isn't smart. There are a bunch of smart people who have stupid/wild/crazy beliefs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:23 AM 12-28-2013
Dude even HE admits that he's pretty far gone in the UFO community. He calls himself a heretic among heretics.

No one is saying that he isn't smart. There are a bunch of smart people who have stupid/wild/crazy beliefs.
So genius level peoples deep, longstanding interest in misunderstood subjects equals - meh, every crazy smart guy is inexorably drawn to some bullshit fringe information, provided to him by the highest levels of world government?

I give up... you win, Fish wins, i really don't care, have fun and Happy New Year.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:33 AM 12-28-2013
So genius level peoples deep, longstanding interest in misunderstood subjects equals - meh, every crazy smart guy is inexorably drawn to some bullshit fringe information, provided to him by the highest levels of world government?

I give up... you win, Fish wins, i really don't care, have fun and Happy New Year.
Even accepting the possibility of extra terrestrial life, to believe that it has anything to do with us on earth is akin to positing that there was a specific grain of dust from the moon that was directly and provably responsible for Mount Everest.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:42 AM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by Buzz:
My uncle is Tom Miller, he has had the entire insides of cattle removed from a single hole as big as a softball.

To sum up so many of these cases... no blood on the ground anywhere, no to little blood in the cavity or veins, each cut made with surgical precision, an extreme level of skill involved, each cut often cauterized shut... lips, anus, udders, reproductive organs, eyes, tongue, ears, liver, heart... all removed without a trace of blood on the ground around it, many incisions burned shut.

No trace of foot or vehicle tracks, as if it came from out of nowhere... in most cases natural predators wont even touch the carcass. No bite or claw marks, no teeth marks on the bones, fore and aft legs broken into pieces but no bite or claw marks.

Sweet mercy, if some of you would just look into it on your own... you want evidence, its out there, you just have to be WILLING to see it.

Dammit, i SWEAR i'm trying to quit this thread... stop arguing and look into the facts :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:52 AM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Even accepting the possibility of extra terrestrial life, to believe that it has anything to do with us on earth is akin to positing that there was a specific grain of dust from the moon that was directly and provably responsible for Mount Everest.
We're the most highly cognisant creatures on the planet that we know of... i have NO doubt that whatever is going on is interested in the other fauna, but people are the rulers and focus of subject at this point.

Alright, this is IT... pave your own path folks, if i post here again neg me into a red so deep it becomes deep maroon.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:35 AM 12-28-2013

Gosh, you got me.
You REALLY don't understand the whole appealing to authority thing, do you?

Pro Tip: IT'S A FALLACY. It is NOT an argument that will ever convince anyone of anything (with the obvious exception of people who never bother to think for themselves anyway).

If you could point to a single shred of scientific evidence supporting the outrageous claims, that would be different. But offering up excuses and lame "explanations" for the lack of evidence isn't evidence.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:37 AM 12-28-2013
We're the most highly cognisant creatures on the planet that we know of... i have NO doubt that whatever is going on is interested in the other fauna, but people are the rulers and focus of subject at this point.

Alright, this is IT... pave your own path folks, if i post here again neg me into a red so deep it becomes deep maroon.
Will do, because we know you will continue to pollute this thread. You can't help yourself.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:42 AM 12-28-2013
This thread went from A+ to fuckin suck real quick.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12-28-2013, 08:45 AM
This message has been deleted by Lex Luthor. Reason: Redundant
tiptap 08:46 AM 12-28-2013
Its my opinion that science and the supernatural go hand in hand, you in particular should spend the 25 minutes with Boyd Bushman, as a math guy yourself, i know you'd love him for sure.

Calling it wacko without watching it all... it just blows my mind, there are realms of science that are being studied at the highest level yet most people never hear about it and thus its "wacko" to them.

Let me say what is easy to agree with Boyd Bushman. "Nature does not talk in English." Nor Hebrew either,

But I picked up my copy of Gravitation by Misner, Thorne and Wheeler and turn to paged 14. "Other perturbaions had to be and were guarded against. 1) a bit of iron on the torsion balance as big as 10 raised to minus 3 cm n a side would have contributed, in EARTH"S magnetic field, a torgue a hundred times greater than the measured torque." This is in relation to precisely doing Galileo experiment measuring gravity fields. The Bushman demonstrations are not of Gravity fields being changed by Magnetism or Electromagnetism. They are all part of Electromagnetic Field Theory from Maxwell. Those fields don't negate gravity, they are additive or subtractive of the EFFECT of gravity. The third law of Newton is not universal. There is not a force equal and opposite always. Right Hand rule of Electromagnetism or Right Hand rule of spinning Angular Momentum from say a bicycle wheel or gyroscope. Bushman simply demonstrated the earth's magnetic field effect on falling objects with their own magnetic fields. The experiment from Gravitation is good to 10 to the minus 12 that the gravitational field itself does not differentiate between falling objects of diverse mass. Add some other field and yeah you can have a resultant effect that changes the movement.

The fact you can put a balloon with static forces on a ceiling, or suspend two magnets doesn't produce anti gravity. Anymore than bournoulli's fluid laws which govern airplane flight over wings.

As far as Atomic Airplanes, that is well known but flight part is based on aeronautics.
[Reply]
tiptap 08:56 AM 12-28-2013
By the way Feynmann owned the patents on Atomic powered submarines and airplanes. From his time working on the Manhattan Project.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 219
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up