ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Lance Armstrong, 30 for 30
BWillie 10:15 PM 06-01-2020
Just watched this special. Fascinating to watch.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 AM 06-02-2020
I enjoyed it far more than the MJ doc (which was pure propaganda and which really didn't include a counterpoint to the main narrative of MJ-good/Krause-bad).

Letting Lance talk without much comment or narration worked. It allowed you to get a pretty good picture of why he is who he is and why he did what we did. Always interesting how some of the greatest of all time in their respective sports are some of the biggest cutthroat assholes around (shows you what kind of personality type is often necessary to reach those heights).

No real remorse either for his actions, but I didn't expect there would be. Can't say I much cared about him doping in a sport that it was virtually necessary to do so (I always assumed he was doping at his peak anyway), but it was the dragging his friends through the mud just to keep the charade alive that will permanently destroy his legacy.

Also, apparently he didn't like the final cut, so I guess just didn't want to look at himself in the mirror like that because I certainly don't think that was an overly negative edit for him.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:16 PM 06-03-2020
Absolutely loved it. While he wasn't painted as a Saint, it didn't destroy him further either. I felt it was fairly accuracy. If he doesn't like the final cut, then he clearly still doesn't really believe what he's saying. His arrogance still shines through quite brightly, although in athletes, that's not always a turnoff as most great ones are similar.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:19 PM 06-03-2020
I’d give my left nut to ride like Lance.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:25 AM 06-04-2020
The dude is quite possibly a sociopath. But I kind of expected everything I heard from him. I don't know why he's such a bitch about Floyd Landis. I think he deems him not loyal or something. Change was needed in cycling. But it should be noticed anyone who was worth a shit also doped, so was it really even an unfair advantage? I was just keeping up with everyone else.

Lance is still the best cyclist that ever lived.
[Reply]
SPchief 09:50 PM 06-04-2020
Yeah, his hatred of Landis is pretty incredible to this day.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:21 AM 06-05-2020
Floyd Landis is a bit of a weasel who broke with the athletes’ “Code” in exposing Lance simply because he was bitter. Can’t say I find him too likeable either.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:34 AM 06-05-2020
I think doping should be legal in sports more or less anyways.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:36 PM 06-05-2020
I remember being in a neighborhood bar back in Iowa when I was young and the Tour de France was actually on the TV, and we were actually watching it, because Lance Armstrong. Never before and never since. At the peak of his run that guy was the shit.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:36 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Floyd Landis is a bit of a weasel who broke with the athletes’ “Code” in exposing Lance simply because he was bitter. Can’t say I find him too likeable either.
x10
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 AM 06-06-2020
Don't blame Landis one bit. Blame Armstrong an awful lot for throwing ppl under the bus and trying to ruin ppls lives just to br able to stay relevant.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:21 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Don't blame Landis one bit. Blame Armstrong an awful lot for throwing ppl under the bus and trying to ruin ppls lives just to br able to stay relevant.
I don’t care what Landis says now. His motivations in exposing Lance weren’t honorable in the slightest and were driven out of bitterness and jealousy. I wouldn’t want that guy as a teammate.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:24 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I remember being in a neighborhood bar back in Iowa when I was young and the Tour de France was actually on the TV, and we were actually watching it, because Lance Armstrong. Never before and never since. At the peak of his run that guy was the shit.
He was a phenomenon. I expect I read at least 2 or 3 books about him in those days. One of the all time falls from grace.
[Reply]
Up