ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3898 of 3903
« First < 2898339837983848388838943895389638973898 3899390039013902 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 08:47 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
You have side effects or what?
No. Just a generalized question.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:51 AM 03-03-2023
I had the original round plus a booster six months after. It felt like the wise choice at the time. Knowing what I know now, I'd do it again. I get the flu vaccine every fall so I'll probably also get a COVID booster at that time each year.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:09 AM 03-03-2023
I got original Pfizer with 2 Moderna boosters, opted not to get anymore boosters and ended up getting COVID for the first time this fall and it sucked headache /fever for 5 days plus the worst sore throat I have ever had lost ten lbs because I couldn’t eat or drink , ended up getting pretty dehydrated but no respiratory issues , so will probably get a booster next time they offer it at work or with my FLU shot.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 12:10 PM 03-03-2023
Yep I'm at #4 with the first three being the 1st gen pfizer then the 4th being the bivalent.

I just hate being sick as I have too much shit going on to isolate and get an ivermectin enema.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:27 PM 03-03-2023
Original Pfizer, 1 Pfizer booster, 2 Moderna boosters. Never felt a thing any time. Haven't gotten covid as far as I know.

This is the shit that terrifies me: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/25/busin...ims/index.html

I think I'd rather die than get hardcore long covid.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:47 PM 03-03-2023
Feel like I wasted my time is all same when getting the flu shot. Regret? Nah
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Does anyone in here regret getting the vaccine?
I do.

I didn't want to get in the first place but since I work in government contracting, I was basically forced to get it or lose my job. I politely acquiesced and got the shot anyway because I wanted to be a good corporate citizen.

The shot itself was unlike anything I ever had. They used a huge, almost IV-like, needle and my arm bled for several hours. I've had thousands of shots, IV's, and blood draws and have never bled like that, especially not from my damn shoulder.

On top of that, about 4 weeks after the shot, I started getting radiating pain starting in my shoulder where I got the shot and extending down into my elbow. I've had it ever since and even though I cannot say it was the shot that caused, it certainly looks plausible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Original Pfizer, 1 Pfizer booster, 2 Moderna boosters. Never felt a thing any time. Haven't gotten covid as far as I know.

This is the shit that terrifies me: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/25/busin...ims/index.html

I think I'd rather die than get hardcore long covid.
My brother had all of his shots - base + booster - and has had COVID 3 times since. Not one of the extreme cases mind you but he now has an asthmatic condition caused by having COVID. He's had it for over 8 months and it's showing no signs of improvement.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:34 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I do.

The shot itself was unlike anything I ever had. They used a huge, almost IV-like, needle and my arm bled for several hours. I've had thousands of shots, IV's, and blood draws and have never bled like that, especially not from my damn shoulder.

On top of that, about 4 weeks after the shot, I started getting radiating pain starting in my shoulder where I got the shot and extending down into my elbow. I've had it ever since and even though I cannot say it was the shot that caused, it certainly looks plausible.
That sounds bizarre. I mean all the shots I got were pin pricks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:36 PM 03-03-2023
My brother had all of his shots - base + booster - and has had COVID 3 times since. Not one of the extreme cases mind you but he now has an asthmatic condition caused by having COVID. He's had it for over 8 months and it's showing no signs of improvement.
And maybe he would have had an extreme case without the vaccine?

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Every vaccine I've ever had was a pin prick. It's why I thought nothing of getting the shot once I decided to do it.

This was unlike anything I've ever experienced with getting a shot. I don't know if it was a supply issue with my pharmacist or what.

That being said, it wasn't really the COVID vaccine itself that caused my problems (unless it's causing the persistent pain I still have) but more the administration of the vaccine.
[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 01:40 PM 03-03-2023
Agreed. Sounds like the administration of the shot is the culprit here. Probably injected it into a blood vessel (or nerve?). Avoiding blood vessels is pretty easy as I understand. Just have to do a negative draw to ensure to no blood is withdrawn into the syringe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM 03-03-2023
And maybe he would have had an extreme case without the vaccine?

:-)
Yeah, no idea and really no way to know.

The one thing I will say about my personal experience with COVID is that it's not at all like the flu or a cold in terms of consistency of symptoms across my family.

Normally, if one person gets the flu and other people get it, their symptoms are almost exactly the same as it spreads (again, in my personal experience).

A dozen or so of my closer relatives have now had COVID and NONE of them presented more than a small overlap in symptoms or symptom severity and all of them were vaxxed. Sure there's some commonality (half of them lost taste, for example) but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. It's almost like COVID is much more specific in how it affects the body and thus present itself as somewhat "customized" to a person's physical makeup.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:45 PM 03-03-2023
Every vaccine I've ever had was a pin prick. It's why I thought nothing of getting the shot once I decided to do it.

This was unlike anything I've ever experienced with getting a shot. I don't know if it was a supply issue with my pharmacist or what.

That being said, it wasn't really the COVID vaccine itself that caused my problems (unless it's causing the persistent pain I still have) but more the administration of the vaccine.
Needle should have nee like any other I think theses had more v volume than flu shots but I found them easier than the Hep a b vaccines , minor injection site pain for about 24 hours , some people did have more of a lymph reaction with theses than other vaccines and axillary lymphadenopathy could cause some arm/shoulder discomfort/pain but should go away within a few months .
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:02 PM 03-03-2023
I may be the champion vaccinator of this group, because I got the first two shots and then three boosters. I was traveling a lot and figured I'd minimize my odds of having trouble when I was around a lot of strangers.

I don't think I've ever had Covid, by the way. I've had a few instances where I wondered, like probably most of us. If I had it I survived it.
[Reply]
Page 3898 of 3903
« First < 2898339837983848388838943895389638973898 3899390039013902 > Last »
Up