ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3559 of 3903
« First < 2559305934593509354935553556355735583559 3560356135623563356936093659 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 01:00 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yes, that makes sense. What you said before did not.
I'd still like to see a source.
[Reply]
NotDonger 01:10 PM 07-18-2021
Here's a link to the recent studies regarding vaccine efficacy against Delta:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-delta-variant
[Reply]
tk13 01:10 PM 07-18-2021
Even if that was true... There are 3 vaccines, if they all failed equally they'd all probably be between 25-40% of total vaccine failures.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:42 PM 07-18-2021
Pushing the narrative that vaccines aren't good enough protection against the Delta variant isn't a good way to get unvaccinated people to vaccinate.

You think this would have been learned in the failed messaging thats occurred out the gate on vaccines.
[Reply]
TLO 02:48 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pushing the narrative that vaccines aren't good enough protection against the Delta variant isn't a good way to get unvaccinated people to vaccinate.

You think this would have been learned in the failed messaging thats occurred out the gate on vaccines.
The messaging throughout the entire pandemic has been awful. Why bother fixing it now...
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:50 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd still like to see a source.
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Here's a link to the recent studies regarding vaccine efficacy against Delta:

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...-delta-variant
That says very similar things to what I was saying that the hospital has been telling all of the employees.
[Reply]
NotDonger 02:56 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

The narrative is that the vaccines provide very good protection against Delta, as shown by the numbers. Flu vaccines are usually in the 30 to 40% efficacy range. Just not as good as with the original strain or Alpha.

Add on top of that that it's very clear that un-vaccinated have very little protection in comparison.
[Reply]
TLO 03:06 PM 07-18-2021
Is there any solid data out there about people who were infected by previous variants and how their immune system holds up against the Delta version?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:06 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
The narrative is that the vaccines provide very good protection against Delta, as shown by the numbers. Flu vaccines are usually in the 30 to 40% efficacy range. Just not as good as with the original strain or Alpha.

Add on top of that that it's very clear that un-vaccinated have very little protection in comparison.
The narrative being discussed in this very thread is that you should wear a mask even if vaccinated.

Same mistake they made before.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:00 PM 07-18-2021
Some people I know stopped wearing masks after being fully vaccinated. I don't blame them. Delta may change that though as more info comes out. I still wear a mask in public most of the time.Esp when my kid is with me even though I'm vaccinated. My parents still wear a mask even though they are vaccinated but have health issues and I'll wear it for them too. If delta wasn't around I may not be as much or at all.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 04:09 PM 07-18-2021
I stopped wearing a mask as soon as I was fully vaccinated and everyone else had a chance to get it if they wanted. Prior to that, I was extremely careful and always wore a mask. Now it's back to life as usual for me unless a business asks me to wear a mask. I'm happy to oblige if that's their policy.
[Reply]
old_geezer 05:02 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I stopped wearing a mask as soon as I was fully vaccinated and everyone else had a chance to get it if they wanted. Prior to that, I was extremely careful and always wore a mask. Now it's back to life as usual for me unless a business asks me to wear a mask. I'm happy to oblige if that's their policy.
I was going to say this is me in a nutshell but before I was vaccinated I wore a mask only when absolutely necessary (required) and since being vaccinated I have been able to avoid any place that still requires a mask. I do agree that it is the right of any business to require a mask if they so desire and I then have the option of wearing one or going somewhere else.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:06 PM 07-18-2021
Any suggestions on how to get my sense of taste back? This sucks.
[Reply]
TLO 07:08 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Any suggestions on how to get my sense of taste back? This sucks.
You got the covid? How was it beyond losing your taste?

You were vaccinated, correct? What vaccine did you have?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:15 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
You got the covid? How was it beyond losing your taste?

You were vaccinated, correct? What vaccine did you have?
Apparently I do. I got the Moderna one back in March.

I've had nothing of note besides this damn lost of taste..it's miserable..Great way to lose a few pounds I guess.
[Reply]
Page 3559 of 3903
« First < 2559305934593509354935553556355735583559 3560356135623563356936093659 > Last »
Up