ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3159 of 3903
« First < 2159265930593109314931553156315731583159 31603161316231633169320932593659 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 07:08 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I am sure there is much more..

By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent PCR testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

On October 4, 2020, this declaration was authored and signed in Great Barrington, United States, by:

https://gbdeclaration.org/
We are struggling to get the needed Ppe into hospitals and we think nursing homes can do it? Nursing homes are having massive problems keeping infections out and they’re testing and trying more than anywhere.

Again, when there is just this much infection I don’t think you can unless you just have the workers basically stay on site at facilities
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:25 PM 11-19-2020
For those without a background in EBM--

It took those authors several months to get their findings published, in part because there are massive issues with the study. Every study has limitations, but theirs are so numerous in the investigational process that you might as well chuck the data.

First, it's near impossible to have a truly randomized clinical trial of good rigor when you rely on the public to self-report adherence. Everyone always overstates how adherent they are to therapies, even for life-threatening conditions like congestive heart failure. Relying on self-reporting is a great way to have garbage-in-garbage-out data, which is why in most traditional clinical trials the clinician/investigator sees the intervention actually administered to the patient.

Secondly, the study was implemented during a massive lockdown in the country in question when most of the people were at home...where people don't wear masks, even in lockdown situations, which eliminates any ability to predict the efficacy of the intervention.

Finally, the reliance on antibody tests with a high false-positive rate relative to community levels of spread at the time of data collection further muddies any attempt to draw a definitive conclusion from the data.

Just like how people misunderstood the earlier mask study and spouted off the "85% of people with masks got COVID" line that was unsupported by the actual data in the study, they will misunderstand this as well, because the sad fact of the matter is that most people are not trained to properly read and interpret this data.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:04 PM 11-19-2020

Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel warns the Covid vaccine is “not a silver bullet" and public-health measures like wearing masks are still needed https://t.co/qjT7ePxsDM #OurNewEconomy pic.twitter.com/S0rAHL9IuA

— Bloomberg New Economy Forum (@neweconforum) November 19, 2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:05 PM 11-19-2020
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:22 PM 11-19-2020
Pathetic
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:32 PM 11-19-2020
I figured people would love that. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 PM 11-19-2020
Once I either get it or have serology testing they I’ve had it or get vaccinated I’m goin back to real life
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once I either get it or have serology testing they I’ve had it or get vaccinated I’m goin back to real life
Dr. Fauci said in his Cuomo interview tonight that even if you get the vaccine, and your in the 95% that are showing antibodies in your blood, you won’t get Covid. Done. But not so fast......

You may still be able to pass on the virus to a non-vaccinated person. Because there is no study or data showing whether a vaccinated person can pass on the virus or not.
[Reply]
O.city 08:55 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dr. Fauci said in his Cuomo interview tonight that even if you get the vaccine, and your in the 95% that are showing antibodies in your blood, you won’t get Covid. Done. But not so fast......

You may still be able to pass on the virus to a non-vaccinated person. Because there is no study or data showing whether a vaccinated person can pass on the virus or not.
Sorry but that’s on other people to be vaccinated

I’m all about precautions at this point, but once there are widespread vaccinations and you refuse, that’s on you not me
[Reply]
R Clark 09:06 PM 11-19-2020

I’m all about precautions at this point, but once there are widespread vaccinations and you refuse, that’s on you not me
This
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 PM 11-19-2020

So what’s your grace period?

Maybe because of your profession you can get the vaccine in January/February. Your 45 year old neighbor with no pre-existing conditions can’t get the vaccine until May/June through no fault of their own. Tough shit on them if you pass it on to them?
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 PM 11-19-2020
So what’s your grace period?

Maybe because of your profession you can get the vaccine in January/February. Your 45 year old neighbor with no pre-existing conditions can’t get the vaccine until May/June through no fault of their own. Tough shit on them if you pass it on to them?
My neighbor and I are in a bit of a feud right now so I wouldn’t hate it.

But in all honesty, yeah. We’re at the point again where we are pretty sure it’s gonna stop transmission but we don’t know so we’ll wait and see.

I’m 33 and healthy so I’ll pass early so others who need it more can get it so it’s all moot.

But yeah, once a normal situation occurs and everyone has their opp for vaccination the world goes back to normal. Sorry that’s life
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:07 PM 11-19-2020
But yeah, once a normal situation occurs and everyone has their opp for vaccination the world goes back to normal. Sorry that’s life
I agree at that point. After everyone had been given the chance to get the vaccine it’s not on you anymore. Guilt free for sure. If you have the opportunity to get the vaccine and you turn it down and then get Covid, that’s on you.

I think there’s going to be a period where some have the vaccine and take off the mask, party etc. but millions of other citizens hadn’t yet even been given the chance to get the vaccine.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:13 PM 11-19-2020

Yeah, I'm not going to interfere with Darwinism.

I'd probably limit my normal activities until everyone's had a chance, but once I get vaccinated I'll start getting out again. However, my activity will be muted until 80 to 90 percent are vaccinated.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:15 PM 11-19-2020
I agree at that point. After everyone had been given the chance to get the vaccine it’s not on you anymore. Guilt free for sure. If you have the opportunity to get the vaccine and you turn it down and then get Covid, that’s on you.

I think there’s going to be a period where some have the vaccine and take off the mask, party etc. but millions of other citizens hadn’t yet even been given the chance to get the vaccine.
To some extent, though, that process may be self-governing. If I'm the first person to get the vaccine, it may cut my odds of getting the virus by 90+ percent, but that's still a 10 percent chance. And those who get the vaccine early will likely be the vulnerable ones or the ones with a lot of contact. I think the effect of the vaccine won't be fully felt until you get enough people vaccinated to stunt the spread.
[Reply]
Page 3159 of 3903
« First < 2159265930593109314931553156315731583159 31603161316231633169320932593659 > Last »
Up