ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3109 of 3903
« First < 2109260930093059309931053106310731083109 31103111311231133119315932093609 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:49 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Good luck Mr. Plow. It's scary times, we gotta be here for each other.
Thank you! Dad seems to be doing well. Feeling better every day and hopefully will have his results today.

On a side note - if any from the area knows them, this was one of my best friends grandparents. Never seen a more active couple in their 80's and it took them both within 3 weeks of each other.

Bill & Judy Mason
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:51 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
jfc

Mr Plow I hope your dad is ok.
Thank you as well. He's doing good. Feels better every day and he thinks he's just had some sinus stuff. Hopefully that's all it is.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:58 AM 11-13-2020
Two weeks before Thanksgiving, the mayor implored Chicagoans to buy small turkeys and fight the urge to open their homes to extended family. Otherwise, we’re “on track to lose 1,000 more Chicagoans” — or more — by Dec. 31.

Seriously though, stay safe everyone
[Reply]
Donger 09:07 AM 11-13-2020
161,000 new cases yesterday? Are you fucking kidding me?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:11 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
161,000 new cases yesterday? Are you ****ing kidding me?
If that's correct and we are catching 1 in 6 would we not be close to herd immunity before a vaccine is available to the public around March?
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
If that's correct and we are catching 1 in 6 would we not be close to herd immunity before a vaccine is available to the public around March?
Would be about a million infections per day

I figure based on quick envelope math were around 100 million infections or previously infected immune at this point, so about halfway to HI.

To get there you’d basically double the current death toll which would be...unfortunate
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:19 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Would be about a million infections per day

I figure based on quick envelope math were around 100 million infections or previously infected immune at this point, so about halfway to HI.

To get there you’d basically double the current death toll which would be...unfortunate
So, yes. If this holds up in 3 to 4 months we would be there? Kind of crazy to think we did all that work to hit herd immunity at the same time a vaccine is available to the general public.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
In my small Kansas county (Reno), we've had 8 deaths in 5 days and cases keep going up. 2 of those deaths were people I knew including a good friends dad. My dad was exposed and tested on Tuesday - he's quarantined waiting on results. He's had some sinus stuff and ran a small fever on Monday which led to him getting tested.
Positive thoughts heading your way.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
So, yes. If this holds up in 3 to 4 months we would be there? Kind of crazy to think we did all that work to his herd immunity at the same time a vaccine is available to the general public.
We did all the work then got tired and apathetic and we’re gonna see what’s gonna happen if we’d have done nothing.

Sadly

If hospitals burden or break we’ll have overshot so HI will be way higher.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:26 AM 11-13-2020
In my small Kansas county (Reno), we've had 8 deaths in 5 days and cases keep going up. 2 of those deaths were people I knew including a good friends dad. My dad was exposed and tested on Tuesday - he's quarantined waiting on results. He's had some sinus stuff and ran a small fever on Monday which led to him getting tested.
My grandparents live in Hutch. They're not BAD when it comes to ignoring guidelines, but they told me a month or so ago all about how they were glad not to live in a big city like Denver where all the COVID is. I hope they're starting to take it more seriously. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 11-13-2020
If you get safety data back here in the next couple weeks, you've gotta warp speed getting out a vaccine. Just get it into nursing homes and health care workers to start. That will help immensely.
[Reply]
Pants 09:28 AM 11-13-2020
Thank you as well. He's doing good. Feels better every day and he thinks he's just had some sinus stuff. Hopefully that's all it is.
I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers, man.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:31 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Sobering read about how a wedding with 55 non-masked attendees led to 7 deaths. We are going to be so, so screwed by Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...-maine-wedding

We have such a threadbare system of leave for sick workers, and our most vulnerable are paying the price. It’s a tragedy.

“ To the Maine health officials who wrote the report, the lessons are clear: Wear a mask. Practice social distancing. And for goodness sake, don’t go to work when you are sick.”
It's a good example of why the "let me sign a waiver" takes have been so infuriating (though I've seen less of that lately). Even if YOU don't get terribly sick from it, there's a good chance you'll spread it to someone ELSE who will.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:36 AM 11-13-2020
Starting this weekend we are no longer allowing visitors in our rural hospitals.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:49 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Two weeks before Thanksgiving, the mayor implored Chicagoans to buy small turkeys and fight the urge to open their homes to extended family. Otherwise, we’re “on track to lose 1,000 more Chicagoans” — or more — by Dec. 31.

Seriously though, stay safe everyone
Bordering where we don't want to go but the Mayor of Chicago and D.C. are doing these things after being out in Biden celebration rallies last week. Okay, fair enough if you want to go celebrate. But they are either ignoring their own orders or exempting themselves, etc.

Point is we keep saying why aren't people taking this seriously? Well, when the people who are tightening things on everyone are not leading by example what do you expect?

The Chicago mayor was out in the streets with 1,000's of people in the last week or two and now she wants you to cancel Thanksgiving? Why would anyone take her seriously?
[Reply]
Page 3109 of 3903
« First < 2109260930093059309931053106310731083109 31103111311231133119315932093609 > Last »
Up