ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3069 of 3903
« First < 2069256929693019305930653066306730683069 30703071307230733079311931693569 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The NY state strategy of "protect" everyone has no yielded better results than Sweden, far from it.

We only have limited resources. It doesn't matter how hard you lock down. None of these NPI's can stop the virus. At best a small delay.
Yeah, delay. That was always the idea. Stop, no.

Delay so you can learn. Which we did. We now know how to get the death rate down with different treatment. If we had let her rip in March, would we have known that?

Delaying infections is always preferable. The issue is there are massive tradeoffs and it's not a black and white situation.

New york also didn't shield everyone early enough. Once it gets as embedded as it did then, thats what happens. Plus they fucked everything else up and are basically a case of what not to do.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, delay. That was always the idea. Stop, no.

Delay so you can learn. Which we did. We now know how to get the death rate down with different treatment. If we had let her rip in March, would we have known that?

Delaying infections is always preferable. The issue is there are massive tradeoffs and it's not a black and white situation.

New york also didn't shield everyone early enough. Once it gets as embedded as it did then, thats what happens. Plus they ****ed everything else up and are basically a case of what not to do.
I'm not convinced treatment has improved all that much. Just think the truly vulnerable died first.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 11-03-2020
I'm not convinced treatment has improved all that much. Just think the truly vulnerable died first.
The virus wasn't prevalent in areas it's hitting now. How would the vulnerable have died then when the virus wasn't there?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:26 AM 11-03-2020
The virus wasn't prevalent in areas it's hitting now. How would the vulnerable have died then when the virus wasn't there?
Wasn't prevalent where? We weren't doing massive testing when infections most likely peaked. I know NY peak was March, April and it had been spreading for months before that.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 11-03-2020
Wasn't prevalent where? We weren't doing massive testing when infections most likely peaked. I know NY peak was March, April and it had been spreading for months before that.
Uh, the rest of America? Rural america where it's going crazy now?

As we've seen, as it spreads that quickly, we can see it with hospitalizations and such. I'm guessing it wasn't as prevalent elsewhere then as we didn't see hospitals and such as they are now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:47 AM 11-03-2020
Uh, the rest of America? Rural america where it's going crazy now?

As we've seen, as it spreads that quickly, we can see it with hospitalizations and such. I'm guessing it wasn't as prevalent elsewhere then as we didn't see hospitals and such as they are now.
Yep. We aren't doing very good.

MORGAN STANLEY: “14 US states are currently at or approaching the rate of 200+ hospitalizations [per million], which appears to have triggered many of the EU lockdowns .. These states include SD, ND, MT, NE, IN, WI, IL, MO, MS, OK, AR, KY, TN, and AL.” pic.twitter.com/IE7SFeVGnn

— Carl Quintanilla (@carlquintanilla) November 3, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:50 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. We aren't doing very good.

In a population metro of 1 million people, that would only be 200 people in a hospital. That would be 200 people With Covid. That would be because if you go in for a knee surgery and they PCR test you and find dead virus fragments, Boom, you are now a Covid "patient".

I am in marketing, not medical but that 200 per 1 million doesn't sound that impressive.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 11-03-2020
In a population metro of 1 million people, that would only be 200 people in a hospital. That would be 200 people With Covid. That would be because if you go in for a knee surgery and they PCR test you and find dead virus fragments, Boom, you are now a Covid "patient".

I am in marketing, not medical but that 200 per 1 million doesn't sound that impressive.
Thats not really how it's happening at this point, atleast here in our area.

It's also not just about beds. We can throw in millions of beds. Gotta have people to staff them and the correct PPE to wear.

We're about to have a pretty large national nitrile glove shortage. They're looking like they could end up like 80 bucks PER BOX. Thats outrageous.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:34 AM 11-03-2020
Have fun with that.

I am reminded of the people who sold the War On Terrorism and the War on Drugs. Those great wasted efforts still have loyal cheerleaders, no matter the proof that it was all for nothing.
I'd say the war on drugs worked exactly as intended.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:37 AM 11-03-2020

It's also not just about beds. We can throw in millions of beds. Gotta have people to staff them and the correct PPE to wear.

We're about to have a pretty large national nitrile glove shortage. They're looking like they could end up like 80 bucks PER BOX. Thats outrageous.
Jeez. I know a lot of people who were doing online benefits to raise money for PPE back in May.
[Reply]
LTL 11:51 AM 11-03-2020

Hospital I work in that's the biggest issue. Staffing We have ICU beds but nurses are scarce. Normally ratio is usually 2 to 1 some are getting 3 to 1 and in the step down unit is usually 4 to 1 they are doing 6 to 1. You also have nurses that are taking jobs in clinic or in other areas of the hospital cause they don't wanna deal with it.i had an ICU nurse tell me as soon as she can find something else she is gone. Tired of the staffing issues.

I have a couple friends in different states that they are facing the same issues.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:55 AM 11-03-2020
Broncos front office has covid.
Joe Ellis and Horseface tested positive
[Reply]
Strongside 11:58 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by LTL:
Hospital I work in that's the biggest issue. Staffing We have ICU beds but nurses are scarce. Normally ratio is usually 2 to 1 some are getting 3 to 1 and in the step down unit is usually 4 to 1 they are doing 6 to 1. You also have nurses that are taking jobs in clinic or in other areas of the hospital cause they don't wanna deal with it.i had an ICU nurse tell me as soon as she can find something else she is gone. Tired of the staffing issues.

I have a couple friends in different states that they are facing the same issues.
My mom is a contract / traveling nurse. Has always made great money. The hospital she most recently contracted at earlier this year asked her to come back, she declined, then they told her to name her price. She gave them an hourly rate that was through the roof, thinking they'd never say yes. They said yes. That's how bad these hospitals need nursing staff.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:03 PM 11-03-2020
Rock the Vote..with Covid?!

Coronavirus patients can break quarantine Tuesday to vote in person, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed.

“Voters have the right to vote, regardless of whether they are sick or in quarantine,” the CDC stressed in safe-voting guidance posted Sunday.

While having the right to do so, those infected by the contagion “should take steps to protect poll workers and other voters,” the health agency said.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/03/those-...in-person-cdc/

A deadly virus..that wants us to vote!
[Reply]
loochy 12:21 PM 11-03-2020
Rock the Vote..with Covid?!

Coronavirus patients can break quarantine Tuesday to vote in person, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed.

“Voters have the right to vote, regardless of whether they are sick or in quarantine,” the CDC stressed in safe-voting guidance posted Sunday.

While having the right to do so, those infected by the contagion “should take steps to protect poll workers and other voters,” the health agency said.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/03/those-...in-person-cdc/

A deadly virus..that wants us to vote!

That tells me all I need to know about the seriousness of this virus.
[Reply]
Page 3069 of 3903
« First < 2069256929693019305930653066306730683069 30703071307230733079311931693569 > Last »
Up