ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2900 of 3903
« First < 1900240028002850289028962897289828992900 290129022903290429102950300034003900 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:11 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Bullshit!

Information about the FDA chief and what he has to say about treatment is blatant politics?
Yes Stumpy this is purely political. Its semantics.

Originally Posted by :
“What I should have said better is that the data show a relative risk reduction not an absolute risk reduction.”

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:13 AM 08-25-2020
Bullshit!

Information about the FDA chief and what he has to say about treatment is blatant politics?
Not your post.

The pushing to down play tbe treatment.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:16 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yes Stumpy this is purely political. Its semantics.
The fact that you don't even understand the difference between "relative" and "absolute" shows you continue to live up the the Marclueless name.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:17 AM 08-25-2020
Daily new case 7 day average is at June 30th levels, daily deaths are dropping not peaking, it appears we are on the backside of the second spike. Mortality rate continues to drop steadily looking at daily new case averages vs deaths over the last month.

But of course the usual suspects will be in to claim everything will certainly go to hell soon because schools are opening and the fall spike is coming even though they also claim Covid has no seasonality.

What appears to be happening is the virus is running its course while being slowed by mitigation. We also clearly have better treatments available.
I think it is excellent news cases and deaths are going down and I believe we are going to have a lull like in the spring but when the weather gets colder cases will go back up again. This is because I don't believe the virus has seasonality, but we humans do. Nicer weather (spring, fall) people are outdoors more, shitter weather (super hot, super cold) people go huddle indoors.

It is all about being indoors with a group of people that makes this virus spread easily. That is why for example a number of college campuses now have large outbreaks.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:18 AM 08-25-2020
:-)

The FDA chief was just on national news explaining what he said.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:24 AM 08-25-2020

The FDA chief was just on national news explaining what he said.
I don't think what you posted was political. He owned his mistake which is good.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:50 AM 08-25-2020
The fact that you don't even understand the difference between "relative" and "absolute" shows you continue to live up the the Marclueless name.
I understand the difference asshat. I also understand whats going on here which you never seem to understand whats going on anywhere on any topic at anytime.

So here we see they were accused of being political by authorizing the use which they denied. Then he backtracks on what he said after being criticized but thats not political either?

You are behind the curve as usual.

Originally Posted by :
"Media coverage of FDA’s decision to issue emergency authorization for convalescent plasma has questioned whether this was a politically motivated decision. The decision was made by FDA career scientists based on data submitted a few weeks ago," Hahn said in a lengthy Twitter post.

The FDA's decision to issue an emergency use authorization came after Trump launched extraordinary attacks on the agency, accusing scientists of being part of the "deep state" and slow-walking treatments. It has led to concerns the decision was politically motivated.

Hahn on Monday denied that.

"We at FDA do not permit politics to enter into our scientific decisions. This happens to be a political season but FDA will remain data driven. On behalf of FDA's 18,000 career employees, I want to reassure the American public about this commitment," Hahn said.

[Reply]
Donger 08-25-2020, 07:54 AM
This message has been deleted by Donger. Reason: Dupe
Donger 07:55 AM 08-25-2020
Its semantics.
“What I should have said better is that the data show a relative risk reduction not an absolute risk reduction.”

No, it isn't. Good lord.
[Reply]
Donger 07:57 AM 08-25-2020
I think everyone has been, and still is, all for the use of convalescent plasma. Did I miss something where it is now not?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think it is excellent news cases and deaths are going down and I believe we are going to have a lull like in the spring but when the weather gets colder cases will go back up again. This is because I don't believe the virus has seasonality, but we humans do. Nicer weather (spring, fall) people are outdoors more, shitter weather (super hot, super cold) people go huddle indoors.

It is all about being indoors with a group of people that makes this virus spread easily. That is why for example a number of college campuses now have large outbreaks.
Schools here have large outbreaks too.

1 teacher tested positive and now 18 teachers are quarantining and refusing to return to work.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:00 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Schools here have large outbreaks too.

1 teacher tested positive and now 18 teachers are quarantining and refusing to return to work.
That's not an outbreak. They were tested for screening correct?
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:00 AM 08-25-2020
Excellent read about our potential immunity options with Covid.
This is an incredible article that answers so many questions I had about immunity and transmission. Thanks.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:01 AM 08-25-2020

Who has even been back to school long enough to have a school related outbreak?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:03 AM 08-25-2020
That's not an outbreak. They were tested for screening correct?
I was being tongue in cheek.

Two area school districts have had a grand total of 6 positive tests between them. They have over 100 faculty and staff refusing to work because of it.

And the news is covering it like 6 tests is the end of the freaking world. Close the schools! Armageddon is nigh!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:05 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I was being tongue in cheek.

Two area school districts have had a grand total of 6 positive tests between them. They have over 100 faculty and staff refusing to work because of it.

And the news is covering it like 6 tests is the end of the freaking world. Close the schools! Armageddon is nigh!

I saw where Mizzou had .4% of their students test positive during screening and people freaked out.
[Reply]
Page 2900 of 3903
« First < 1900240028002850289028962897289828992900 290129022903290429102950300034003900 > Last »
Up