ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2059 of 3903
« First < 1059155919592009204920552056205720582059 206020612062206320692109215925593059 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:55 PM 05-14-2020
Now that wearing a mask outside the home in Los Angeles, regardless of what you're doing, is a law, the new motto is "Mask It Or Casket".

Sometimes, I really, really hate this city.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:56 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Now that wearing a mask outside the home, regardless of what you're doing, is a law, the new motto is "Mask It Or Casket".

Wow :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:58 PM 05-14-2020
Now that wearing a mask outside the home, regardless of what you're doing, is a law, the new motto is "Mask It Or Casket".

Well, it is Hollywood....drama sorta goes with the territory, doesn't it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:00 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, it is Hollywood....drama sorta goes with the territory, doesn't it?
It's not the city of Hollywood that's enacting this law, it's the Mayor of Los Angeles.

Hollywood is within Los Angeles, it's NOT Los Angeles.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:01 PM 05-14-2020
Well, reduced menu be damned we made reservations for Saturday night. One of our favorite places finally re-opened and it will be nice to eat at someone else's table for a change.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 PM 05-14-2020
It's not the city of Hollywood that's enacting this law, it's the Mayor of Los Angeles.

Hollywood is within Los Angeles, it's NOT Los Angeles.
Again, Dane, I am just making light of the situation. No need to be so serious about it.

And if your point is the Mayor of LA is a douchewad I think I would whole heartedly agree.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:02 PM 05-14-2020
Co-worker and I had a discussion about the asymptomatic people and "shedding". Let me ask you, do you think we know for a fact these people are shedding? I mean is it a given or is it just an assumption?
Think of it this way:

Asymptomatic people have positive tests. To get a positive test you (99% of the time) have to have virus present. They're performing a nasopharyngeal swab, and the virus is there. If it's there I can't think of why it wouldn't be expelled in respiratory droplets. It already made it that far up from the lungs.

Now, I don't know if they've performed any studies on the amount of viral shedding. A fairly simple experiment might be to culture the respiratory droplets of asymptomatic vs symptomatic mild vs symptomatic severe cases.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:03 PM 05-14-2020
Now that wearing a mask outside the home in Los Angeles, regardless of what you're doing, is a law, the new motto is "Mask It Or Casket".

:-)

Saying the won't open the city until they find the cure as well.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:05 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Think of it this way:

Asymptomatic people have positive tests. To get a positive test you (99% of the time) have to have virus present. They're performing a nasopharyngeal swab, and the virus is there. If it's there I can't think of why it wouldn't be expelled in respiratory droplets. It already made it that far up from the lungs.

Now, I don't know if they've performed any studies on the amount of viral shedding. A fairly simple experiment might be to culture the respiratory droplets of asymptomatic vs symptomatic mild vs symptomatic severe cases.
It just seems to me that we are finding almost like 30x more asymptomatic people to symptomatic when we do these tests in place like meat packing plants and what not. That's a lot of fucking people to have this and not bum rushing the hospitals let alone dropping dead.

I don't now just things don't always seem to be adding up.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:06 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
:-)

Saying the won't open the city until they find the cure as well.
Okay, in his defense he did say something like "or a suitable treatment" but yes, your point is spot on. It was a fucking idiotic thing to say.
[Reply]
eDave 07:09 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Since you want to call it out...

I said Hamas is a miserable fuck and even though everybody wants to suck his cock in here, I don’t really give a shit what he has to say or how smart he is. I’m sure he knows his shit, but that also doesn’t mean everything he says in this thread is the gospel.

Then I remembered he’s going through some fucked up shit so I can’t say I know what that’s like.
Why is it that between you and Hamas, you are the only one so angry? Hell, I see it with nearly anyone you disagree with.

Something to reflect upon and ponder.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:13 PM 05-14-2020
It just seems to me that we are finding almost like 30x more asymptomatic people to symptomatic when we do these tests in place like meat packing plants and what not. That's a lot of fucking people to have this and not bum rushing the hospitals let alone dropping dead.

I don't now just things don't always seem to be adding up.
I think a lot of it is based upon people's belief that the present situation will predict the future.

We all accept that if someone is diagnosed with lung cancer, even if they're asymptomatic now that without treatment they're going to start to feel worse.

When those workers are being tested, they're largely asymptomatic at that time, but we also don't know how long they've been infected. If they were infected two weeks ago, then they're probably going to stay asymptomatic. If they were infected two days ago, they can become symptomatic later, but if we only hear about the initial number we think, "Wow, all these people are asymptomatic."

When people use prisons and meat packing plants as a way to explain case load they're really only telling part of the story because a positive test is a snapshot. If you follow these people throughout their course and then follow up you can gain a much better understanding.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:14 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why is it that between you and Hamas, you are the only one so angry? Hell, I see it with nearly anyone you disagree with.

Something to reflect upon and ponder.
Shut up bitch
[Reply]
Bwana 07:14 PM 05-14-2020
Okay, in his defense he did say something like "or a suitable treatment" but yes, your point is spot on. It was a ****ing idiotic thing to say.
There is definitely a lot of overkill out there. I mean, I get be careful, be smart but wholly crap, some people are taking it to the extreme. A guy 3 houses down lives by himself and wears a mask inside his house. :-) I mean, does he think the TV is going to shed the Rona or what? I asked him about it and he said, "I'm just trying to be extra safe." No dude, you are fucking nuts.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:15 PM 05-14-2020
Can someone shed some light on this one?

CO man dies from astounding 0.55 blood alcohol level, coronavirus listed as cause of death

https://disrn.com/news/co-man-dies-f...cause-of-death

Originally Posted by :
The Colorado Department of Health and Environment is listing coronavirus as cause of death of a Colorado man despite the county coroner ruling that he died of ethanol toxicity with an astounding 0.55 blood-alcohol level.

A blood-alcohol level of 0.3 is generally considered fatal.

Although the unidentified man tested positive for coronavirus, County Coroner George Deavers said he disagreed with the state's assessment after his investigation with a pathologist revealed that the man's blood-alcohol content was nearly seven times the legal driving limit of 0.08.

"COVID was not listed on the death certificate as the cause of death. I disagree with the state for listing it as a COVID death, and will be discussing it with them this week," Deavers said Tuesday.

As of Monday, the Montezuma County Public Health Department reports just two COVID-19 deaths, whereas the state department lists three deaths caused by the virus. A spokesperson for the department explained the difference in the reports.

"The person who died did not die from COVID-19, but they did test positive for the virus," the spokesperson said. "The state is reporting that death as a COVID death, but our health department wanted to let people know that even though the person did have the virus, they did not die from it."

[Reply]
Page 2059 of 3903
« First < 1059155919592009204920552056205720582059 206020612062206320692109215925593059 > Last »
Up