ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy on bench with Pat while the D struggles
srvy 04:02 PM 10-14-2019
OK this is my pet peeve since everyone else seems to have something to be PO'ed about. Andy turning his back on the D while the offense is off the field. He goes over to pat sits next to him even once caught shooing Kafka his QB coach away. I have been a little bit put off seeing this many times while our D continues to struggle. It looks like he doesn't give a damn bout that side of the ball not to mention how the defensive players feel about it. You the head coach and responsible for everything going on on the field. Its just like Dick Vermeil was and we fielded defenses that produced a no punt game. I realise that Pat is important along with his development but convey it to the person you hired to be QB coach and keep your ass involved in the whole game.

I tried to start the video of what set me off at 3:10 mark of Andy's after game presser. If it starts at beginning just advance to 3:10 to see what I mean.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:42 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mahomesmyman:
Belichick doesn't work with offense at all. OC runs the offense and Brady is his assistant OC.

Do you people call Belichick HoF DC with GM powers?
The **** if he DOESN'T - Belichick is involved in all three phases of his team.

Did you see the thing on NFLNet where he and McD went over their offensive plays vs Chiefs in the AFCCG?

BB is EXTREMELY involved in his team's offense.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:49 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What is Reid going to do? Like, seriously, what in the **** could he tell those guys? Stop sucking so ****ing much? At the very least, he understands where he needs to be. If only he'd start hiring the best possible DC candidates instead of glad handing douchebag yesmen.
Sorry. The whole defense and oline is result of his coaching style. He wants to be a buddy.
Our lines are soft. We have zero physicality. That is a staple of his teams outside a few players.

Our lines are ill prepared every week. Just like the interviews when ne came in for the playoffs. Players said they weren't ready for that style.
Been weeks in a row, every team is going to do it. We have not adjusted.

The defense is worse. We can't get pressure rushing 3. We do not hide our formation. We rarely blitz, we don't stunt, we have bad technique, wrong approach.

There were multiple times are defenders stood there watching a runner pick up extra yards instead of dog piling. All of this is a mentality that is not being talked.

And breeland. How do we rush 3, have extra defenders but either get beat or a holding penalty?

All defensive coaches need to go at minimum. Oline coach also. If this scheme isn't working with blocking. Change it. Use a zone block.
[Reply]
threebag 12:03 PM 10-15-2019
The Chiefs’ Charvarius Ward needed just one hand to make this interception

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kan...236144378.html
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:05 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
The Chiefs’ Charvarius Ward needed just one hand to make this interception

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kan...236144378.html
And he would've had a fumble return for TD if the refs hadn't have been hell bent on raping the Chiefs with a giant AIDSstick.

Ward kinda balled out yesterday, for real.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:27 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Sorry. The whole defense and oline is result of his coaching style. He wants to be a buddy.
Our lines are soft. We have zero physicality. That is a staple of his teams outside a few players.

Our lines are ill prepared every week. Just like the interviews when ne came in for the playoffs. Players said they weren't ready for that style.
Been weeks in a row, every team is going to do it. We have not adjusted.

The defense is worse. We can't get pressure rushing 3. We do not hide our formation. We rarely blitz, we don't stunt, we have bad technique, wrong approach.

There were multiple times are defenders stood there watching a runner pick up extra yards instead of dog piling. All of this is a mentality that is not being talked.

And breeland. How do we rush 3, have extra defenders but either get beat or a holding penalty?

All defensive coaches need to go at minimum. Oline coach also. If this scheme isn't working with blocking. Change it. Use a zone block.
We changed schemes, DC, and got NEs dline coach. Yet we are still having the same problems we had when Sutton was here. So it is obviously not a scheme/coaching problem it is a talent issue. We have Chris Jones as the only major threat rushing the passer and he sucks against the run. We also have 0 good to elite LBs.. They can't tackle, let alone hit hard. CBs as a whole are average. Safeties is probably the only area the D is above average.

There's nothing our defensive coaches can do. Veach is not giving them enough talent to work with. Hopefully they can improve as the year goes on but I seriously doubt you are going to see a drastic improvement unless we trade for someone.
[Reply]
kcclone 12:57 PM 10-15-2019
This is part of the problem when your HC is also a main coordinator.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:01 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
We changed schemes, DC, and got NEs dline coach. Yet we are still having the same problems we had when Sutton was here. So it is obviously not a scheme/coaching problem it is a talent issue. We have Chris Jones as the only major threat rushing the passer and he sucks against the run. We also have 0 good to elite LBs.. They can't tackle, let alone hit hard. CBs as a whole are average. Safeties is probably the only area the D is above average.

There's nothing our defensive coaches can do. Veach is not giving them enough talent to work with. Hopefully they can improve as the year goes on but I seriously doubt you are going to see a drastic improvement unless we trade for someone.
This is exactly it.

People liked blaming Sutton, and i agree that it was time to move on, but lets not kid ourselves. As the talent eroded, the results eroded.

Players win football games. Not coaches.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:16 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is exactly it.

People liked blaming Sutton, and i agree that it was time to move on, but lets not kid ourselves. As the talent eroded, the results eroded.

Players win football games. Not coaches.
Absolutely.

I don't want to say coaching is overrated. It certainly plays a part in wins especially in todays NFL where parity makes it so a lot of teams have an even or close amount of talent. But ultimately there is only so much coaches can do when the talent isn't there. It just isn't there on D.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:23 PM 10-15-2019
It's finally happened. We don't have to worry anymore...

Andy will fix it. I heard him say so. This time, he really means it too.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:29 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Hello! Fat Andy moved his oline coach Castillo to be his DC which led to his demise in Philadelphia enough said.. Try and defend that move
An example of Andy Reid caring more about working with people he likes than people that are good. His priority is enjoying his work and life so he keeps coaches and player around that he likes, that makes his job easier. His #1 priority isn't fielding the best team possible.

DAT is an example of that.

Every year he keeps players around that know the system over players that are probably better. He doesn't want to have to train another player. It's convenience over potential.

He choose Spags because he was his friend, not the best DC.

He got Dorsey fired and replaced with Veach, not because that made the Chiefs better but because it made his life more enjoyable.

Reid could learn how to manage the clock, but that would take work.

He could hire a coach to run the clock etc but that would be a pain in the ass.

He could discipline players by having meetings and tell them to stop fucking up. But that would be unpleasant and take effort.

Britt Reid isn't the best coach he is putting his family ahead of the team.

Multiple situations where Reid chose himself over fielding the best team.

If you want to figure out why Reid has never taken the next step in being a Super Bowl coach, this is a good start.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:35 PM 10-15-2019
Absolutely.

I don't want to say coaching is overrated. It certainly plays a part in wins especially in todays NFL where parity makes it so a lot of teams have an even or close amount of talent. But ultimately there is only so much coaches can do when the talent isn't there. It just isn't there on D.
Third time in two days I find myself agreeing with you. The Apocalypse may be this weekend . . .

The problem isn't Andy, or even Spags or Daly or House. At the end of the day, these are all highly experienced well-thought of coaches with years of experience at their respective specialties. It's not like any of them were tapped to be coach of something they've never done before.

If the defense isn't performing well, it's because they aren't executing. Either they are stupid/uncoachable or they simply lack the physical talent to get the job done. Maybe some of both.

Our DT and MLB play has been categorically well below the NFL average in every game this season. That's on the players.

I think (this is just opinion) that at least Chris Jones, Nnadi, and Xavier Williams have the physical attributes to play DT effectively. The rest of our DTs (not speaking about our recent acquisitions) are questionable.

As a group, in spite of having the necessary physical attributes, Jones/Nnadi/Williams have not played well against the run. That's on them, not the coaches.

I won't go through the same process with the MLBs, I'll let guys do that for yourselves. Bottom line, the players aren't doing their jobs.

We can speculate as to why they aren't but the fact is that they aren't.

The problem with our defense is our players. Not the coaches.
[Reply]
FAX 05:11 PM 10-15-2019
After watching a little more All-22 (in our case, All-19 or so) ... I have come to the conclusion that the defensive coordinators are morons. And, believe me, those last two games were damn difficult to watch. Anyway, here are my early Q2 thoughts on defense ...

Our guys are getting beaten (smashed into tiny, little, incompetent gloobs, actually) on the same type of play over and over and over (and over).

As I feared (and posted a few weeks ago), the linebackers seem to be the main contributors to our efforts to set the record for Worst Run Defense In All History. I wish I knew the exact calls on certain plays because it would help with my attempts to try and understand why in the name of Ubeja's Encyclopedia Of Social Norms the backers are consistently confused, out of position, and fighting the game instead of playing it.

I think (maybe, admittedly, wishfully) that our linebackers are physically better than they are playing. Not sure about the mental part, but these mistakes against stretch plays and cut-back blocks seem to be repeated over and over. For now (and for lack of a better place to lay blame), I put that on the coordinators who should be drowned in curdled zebra sperm until they get it together. We're making it harder than it needs to be ... or actually is, IMO.

FAX
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:31 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
After watching a little more All-22 (in our case, All-19 or so) ... I have come to the conclusion that the defensive coordinators are morons. And, believe me, those last two games were damn difficult to watch. Anyway, here are my early Q2 thoughts on defense ...

Our guys are getting beaten (smashed into tiny, little, incompetent gloobs, actually) on the same type of play over and over and over (and over).

As I feared (and posted a few weeks ago), the linebackers seem to be the main contributors to our efforts to set the record for Worst Run Defense In All History. I wish I knew the exact calls on certain plays because it would help with my attempts to try and understand why in the name of Ubeja's Encyclopedia Of Social Norms the backers are consistently confused, out of position, and fighting the game instead of playing it.

I think (maybe, admittedly, wishfully) that our linebackers are physically better than they are playing. Not sure about the mental part, but these mistakes against stretch plays and cut-back blocks seem to be repeated over and over. For now (and for lack of a better place to lay blame), I put that on the coordinators who should be drowned in curdled zebra sperm until they get it together. We're making it harder than it needs to be ... or actually is, IMO.

FAX
We just don't have that "one guy". That single, undisputed defender with the leadership qualities and personal performance level that commands the respect of the defensive unit as a whole.
And sadly, that type of player doesn't grow on trees.
[Reply]
TEX 07:31 PM 10-15-2019
Absolutely.

Then get rid of the guy responsible for evaluating and acquiring the shit talent. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:02 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Then get rid of the guy responsible for evaluating and acquiring the shit talent. :-)
That is actually Andy Reid, as well.

Oh wait, I see what you did there! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up