ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy on bench with Pat while the D struggles
srvy 04:02 PM 10-14-2019
OK this is my pet peeve since everyone else seems to have something to be PO'ed about. Andy turning his back on the D while the offense is off the field. He goes over to pat sits next to him even once caught shooing Kafka his QB coach away. I have been a little bit put off seeing this many times while our D continues to struggle. It looks like he doesn't give a damn bout that side of the ball not to mention how the defensive players feel about it. You the head coach and responsible for everything going on on the field. Its just like Dick Vermeil was and we fielded defenses that produced a no punt game. I realise that Pat is important along with his development but convey it to the person you hired to be QB coach and keep your ass involved in the whole game.

I tried to start the video of what set me off at 3:10 mark of Andy's after game presser. If it starts at beginning just advance to 3:10 to see what I mean.

[Reply]
JakeF 04:44 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What is Reid going to do? Like, seriously, what in the fuck could he tell those guys? Stop sucking so fucking much? At the very least, he understands where he needs to be. If only he'd start hiring the best possible DC candidates instead of glad handing douchebag yesmen.
If Andy Reid can't do anything but coach QB's and design plays then he shouldn't be a Head Coach.

I understand that Head Coaches usually have a specialty but they need to be able to coach the basics for the entire team. Andy Reid can coach the offense but needs to at least be able to be a quality control type coach for the defense and special team. He can use his eye for offense to identify weaknesses in our defense. He can point out players that are screwing up, not giving full effort etc.

Instead, Reid just buries himself into being a QB coach.

Once again, Reid shows one of the weaknesses that keeps him from being a super bowl quality head coach. There are many.
[Reply]
wheeler08 04:45 PM 10-14-2019
I agree 100% with the OP, total disinterest in the rest of the team.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:48 PM 10-14-2019
It's not so much Reid being more focused on the O than D that's the problem.
It's demanding final say on the things that don't interest him.

Give the GM and DC autonomy and authority, THEN play patty-cake with Patty all the livelong day.
[Reply]
FAX 04:48 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
If Andy Reid can't do anything but coach QB's and design plays then he shouldn't be a Head Coach.

I understand that Head Coaches usually have a specialty but they need to be able to coach the basics for the entire team. Andy Reid can coach the offense but needs to at least be able to be a quality control type coach for the defense and special team. He can use his eye for offense to identify weaknesses in our defense. He can point out players that are screwing up, not giving full effort etc.

Instead, Reid just buries himself into being a QB coach.
The concept at work here is "highest and best use", IMHO.

What can Wally possibly do to improve the defense mid-game? And, even if he did (whatever "something" you have in mind), the game impact would be infinitesimal compared to his potential contribution to the offense.

FAX
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:52 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

What can Wally possibly do to improve the defense mid-game? And, even if he did (whatever "something" you have in mind), the game impact would be infinitesimal compared to his potential contribution to the offense.

FAX
What can REID possibly do, or what can a competent defensive mind possibly do?

Because I guaran-damn-tee that there are miscommunications and missed assignments that a keen eye could correct quickly with a receptive and intelligent squad.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:53 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
There is nothing Reid or the coaches can do. It's a lack of talent that is the problem on D not coaching
That's simply not true.

Defensive Head Coaches always find some way to make better use of the talent they have. Just like Andy Reid always finds a way to make use with the offensive talent he has.

Schottenheimer always found a way on defense and never found a way on offense. Belichek always finds a way even with less talent.

Coaching is more important in football than any other sport.

Our coaches can start with motivation and discipline on defense. Those 2 things will make a big difference.
[Reply]
FAX 04:58 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What can REID possibly do, or what can a competent defensive mind possibly do?

Because I guaran-damn-tee that there are miscommunications and missed assignments that a keen eye could correct quickly with a receptive and intelligent squad.
Perhaps we should discuss this in terms of the time/space continuum?

By the time Wally sees the referenced "miscommunication" or "missed assignment" the error is already in the past. Sadly for us, the past is not and cannot be affected by Wally (or any other competent defensive mind).

However, Wally CAN focus on the future (i.e. the next play or the next series) over which he can influence a certain amount of control.

FAX
[Reply]
JakeF 05:01 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
So then you don't believe in halftime adjustments or in-game adjustments at all?

Other coaches make adjustments in real-time as the game goes along. They don't even wait until a quarter is over before making adjustments. Those are the coaches that win the big games. This is why Andy probably won't ever win a Super Bowl. Andy Reid will either need a dominate team or get lucky to win it all. Meanwhile, Belichek continues to win super bowls with Brady and his superior coaching.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:08 PM 10-14-2019
No one was bothered by Andy sitting and going over the previous drive with Pat when the Chiefs were winning, but now it's a problem? More overreaction. Never mind that he's not a defensive coach and never has been.

And please let's not talk about Todd Haley as if he were any kind of a good coach. The man was the worst HC in Chiefs' history.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:11 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Maybe he needs to throw shit around the room at the D meetings....

We know he can’t coach D.

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:14 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
That's simply not true.

Defensive Head Coaches always find some way to make better use of the talent they have. Just like Andy Reid always finds a way to make use with the offensive talent he has.

Schottenheimer always found a way on defense and never found a way on offense. Belichek always finds a way even with less talent.

Coaching is more important in football than any other sport.

Our coaches can start with motivation and discipline on defense. Those 2 things will make a big difference.
That's bullshit. You really think our coaches have not already tried to instill motivation and discipline on defense? I mean seriously these are professional coaches we are talking about here. A HS coach knows to do that.

You can come up w the best defensive scheme ever but if the players can't execute it it isn't going to work.. Coaches can only do so much. Our D just doesnt have a lot of talent especially wout Chris Jones out there.
[Reply]
kcpasco 05:17 PM 10-14-2019
Andy should make the players practice in skirts until they learn to tackle a running back before they gain 7 yards. That will show them.
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:24 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
"Offensive line has AIDS, coach."

"What if we chucked it deep again, son?"
“They know our signals coach, even the rookie. They are killing me you fat fucking undisciplined pile of shit.”

“I’ll tell you what killing it is. Killing it is a big kettle of chili with 36 cinnamon rolls. That’s killing it. Or as me little lady likes to say, Oiling it.”
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:26 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's bullshit. You really think our coaches have not already tried to instill motivation and discipline on defense? I mean seriously these are professional coaches we are talking about here. A HS coach knows to do that.

You can come up w the best defensive scheme ever but if the players can't execute it it isn't going to work.. Coaches can only do so much. Our D just doesnt have a lot of talent especially wout Chris Jones out there.

[Reply]
srvy 05:36 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No one was bothered by Andy sitting and going over the previous drive with Pat when the Chiefs were winning, but now it's a problem? More overreaction. Never mind that he's not a defensive coach and never has been.

And please let's not talk about Todd Haley as if he were any kind of a good coach. The man was the worst HC in Chiefs' history.
Yeah he is the head coach. We wouldn't want our head coach to coach all aspects of the game. Of course we wouldn't want him to have a say in matters of player acquisition and what direction we go in the draft because he is just a offensive minded head coach.

The point with Haley is he got Bowe and Johnson to become good players during his time in KC. Yet they were a offense and defensive player and he was a golfer.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up