ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 311 of 360
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:12 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
So, 3/8 flange is the way to go??

TIA
Buy decent headers and a quality copper gasket and you’re fine.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:37 PM 04-12-2019
They do build stuff that works.

Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Stage 8 fasteners rock.
I've got a set of Hooker headers on the 327 in my Jeep and had constant problems with them shaking header bolts loose and blowing out the exhaust gasket even though I would go around and re-tighten header bolts after each heat cycle. I hate the sound of exhaust leaks, each and every tick sounds like lost horsepower, and I was changing exhaust gaskets about once every month or two to eliminate them. Out of desperation I tried some Stage 8 fasteners and while they were a bit of a bitch to put on they have eliminated the issue, I haven't had an exhaust leak in the 5 years since I put them on.

[Reply]
hometeam 07:49 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Dude... you get close to me yell. I'll come meet you. Hell we could hit hit Summer nights in Versailles and fuck with hometeam
Lets do the damn thing. Car is done with paint picking it up on monday, no more primer hood~
[Reply]
hometeam 07:49 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
It’s always race car season.
in your neck of the woods maybe~
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:40 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
in your neck of the woods maybe~
:-) I was thinking the same thing -- if I lived in Florida that would totally be true.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:46 PM 04-28-2019
the season is now in full swing boys~

Anyone thinking about coming down Mid-Missouri way for one of the Sonic Summer Nights, Magic Dragon, Etc?

[Reply]
SAUTO 04:53 PM 04-28-2019
I'll be a magic dragon next weekend I think. Doubtful I have anything ready though. The throttle pedal assy for the 48 isn't here yet.

I'm going to definitely take the Camaro to some hot summer nights this year.

I've also got a 67 cuda that we're putting a new hemi and a tremec 6 speed in. All qa1 suspension. It should be pretty cool when it gets done. we're going to be in on the ground floor on making this thing work. Everyone else had done autos when doing this swap before and no one makes headers for the right side starter.

But i'm going to figure it out.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:56 PM 04-28-2019
I'll be a magic dragon next weekend I think. Doubtful I have anything ready though. The throttle pedal assy for the 48 isn't here yet.

I'm going to definitely take the Camaro to some hot summer nights this year.

I've also got a 67 cuda that we're putting a new hemi and a tremec 6 speed in. All qa1 suspension. It should be pretty cool when it gets done. we're going to be in on the ground floor on making this thing work. Everyone else had done autos when doing this swap before and no one makes headers for the right side starter.

But i'm going to figure it out.
I should be at every Sonic Summer Nights barring rain. Will be out at magic dragon saturday night after work, my sister owns an apartment complex on the strip so i have real close parking when I decide to stop cruising/heatsoaking
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:13 PM 04-28-2019
Im fighting a damn problem with my car that has me baffled to this point. On the way home from a cruise the other night it started missing and acting like it was loading up. Started to clear up and ran ok for a bit, got home and it didn't want to idle. Parked it until morning and started it and it was missing like crazy.

Long story short i pulled the plugs and they looked a little fouled but not soaked or anything. I changed them anyway and with new plugs it was still missing. Badly like timing was off.

Pulled cap and checked distributor and timing etc...it all checked out fine. So I ran data log on the FI system and found some weird shit.

AIC Fuel trim is running -33% so its cutting fuel like crazy and the AFR is running 10:1 to 11:1 with the set point at 14.5:1. But it doesn't smell fat at all.

I wonder if the O2 sensor is bad and reading low so its cutting fuel causing the missing?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:14 PM 04-28-2019
Can you read your o2 numbers?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:15 PM 04-28-2019
Can you tell which cylinder has the miss?
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:36 PM 04-28-2019
Can you read your o2 numbers?
Yea I can watch it live on the hand held and it keeps dropping to 10:1 when I can get it to idle.

Its not 1 cylinder missing its just an all around shit show. I can shut the damn thing off and restart it and it will run ok for a minute then go to shit again.

THE IAC was reading 255 meaning it was wide open, I got that to drop but now its all over the place with everything else.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:30 PM 04-28-2019
Damn. Did you try to unplug the o2? Does it run a maf?
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:44 PM 04-28-2019
Damn. Did you try to unplug the o2? Does it run a maf?
:-)Haven't tried that. It has a MAP sensor not a MAF.

MAP readings are comparable to a good log I have.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:49 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)Haven't tried that. It has a MAP sensor not a MAF.

MAP readings are comparable to a good log I have.
Well that should at least rule out a valve issue or something plugged in the exhaust I would think.

And with the IAC jumping around too I would think it's gotta be electrical? Alternator or ground?
[Reply]
Page 311 of 360
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Up