ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 360
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:46 AM 03-05-2018
They make 2k in a can, no flex additive that I know of but it can be custom blended. Worth looking into.

Spraymax, Endura, I know there are places that custom mix so they should be able to add flex additive.

http://www.apstowerpaint.com/index.php

Originally Posted by hometeam:
the middle part of bumper is chromed, I purchased a ready to paint black one.

The top and bottom parts of the bumper are textured plastic, I scuffed around on those and took the little scratches out and painted them.

The front grille is also plastic/chrome, and my ready to paint replacement will be here tomorrow.

It doesn't have to be spectacular, its a bumper, i'm painting black plastic with Bullydog adhesive promoter, SEM flex primer, and then Duplicolor black and clear from a can.

Only about 75% of the metal bumper can be seen once the plastic is on, and that's the part i concentrated hardest on lol. The textured bumpers hide any imperfections from the paint, and both the metal bumper and the grille are going to be cleared, sanded, then cleared again before a final wet sanding/polish.

[Reply]
hometeam 08:30 AM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
They make 2k in a can, no flex additive that I know of but it can be custom blended. Worth looking into.

Spraymax, Endura, I know there are places that custom mix so they should be able to add flex additive.

http://www.apstowerpaint.com/index.php
yes. I know.

Looked at the metal bumper this morning and it looks good as is, will look really good after wet sand and polish.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:46 AM 03-05-2018
the middle part of bumper is chromed, I purchased a ready to paint black one.

The top and bottom parts of the bumper are textured plastic, I scuffed around on those and took the little scratches out and painted them.

The front grille is also plastic/chrome, and my ready to paint replacement will be here tomorrow.

It doesn't have to be spectacular, its a bumper, i'm painting black plastic with Bullydog adhesive promoter, SEM flex primer, and then Duplicolor black and clear from a can.

Only about 75% of the metal bumper can be seen once the plastic is on, and that's the part i concentrated hardest on lol. The textured bumpers hide any imperfections from the paint, and both the metal bumper and the grille are going to be cleared, sanded, then cleared again before a final wet sanding/polish.

I’d wrap the bumper in vinyl before you go through all that.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:00 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
I’d wrap the bumper in vinyl before you go through all that.
There are some super tough vinyl materials out there... You could Plasti Dip the bumpers too.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:53 PM 03-05-2018
Sauto, how do you feel about replacing shocks on a 01 Chevy half ton pickup one evening this week?
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:36 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
Sauto, how do you feel about replacing shocks on a 01 Chevy half ton pickup one evening this week?
i'll figure out what day i'm available when my boss gets back and let you know. wont take any time to pull that off.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:49 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
There are some super tough vinyl materials out there... You could Plasti Dip the bumpers too.

My old Cummins beater is wrapped, IMO for the cost it’s the way to go.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:15 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
Maybe Wednesday. Will let you know for sure tomorrow
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:22 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
My old Cummins beater is wrapped, IMO for the cost it’s the way to go.
I really like the plastidip spray with clear coat, I't come a long way.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:35 PM 03-05-2018
I actually have gloss black vinyl in the garage left over from wrapping my Focus a while back I could have used, but I know from using it that it doesn't stand up really well to the expected rocks etc that will hit the bumper. I think I WILL end up using it on my T/A sail panel when I get around to it.

I have extensive plastidip experience, but you just cant get the right color match/gloss look im going for even if you use glossifier.

That being said, the bumpers are painted and ready to rock, polish is the only thing left and to put them back on. They already look good so I think it'll turn out just fine once polished.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:47 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Maybe Wednesday. Will let you know for sure tomorrow
Sounds good, just give me a call sometime tomorrow
[Reply]
hometeam 07:45 PM 03-10-2018
Put er together after work today. I think it turned out pretty good~ Not perfect, but pretty good.

I also threw a new Pioneer stereo at it since the kenwood that was in it didnt have blueooth

I went out and washed the truck and went through the drive through tonight, and got complimented 3 times on the truck. I have noticed that I've had more people saying something, breaking necks, and eyefucking this truck than ever did my my T/A.

So.. the truck is 'done'.. besides replacing the airbags and putting on the hideahitch.. what tf should I do now?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 PM 03-10-2018
Drive it man.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:43 PM 03-10-2018
Buy a Ford? IJS:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Put er together after work today. I think it turned out pretty good~ Not perfect, but pretty good.

So.. the truck is 'done'.. besides replacing the airbags and putting on the hideahitch.. what tf should I do now?

[Reply]
hometeam 10:00 AM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Drive it man.
Oh, it will get driven.

I got to tons of local car cruises and shows, and my goal this year is to make it to most/all of them with two vehicles.
[Reply]
Page 265 of 360
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Up