ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 319
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
TEX 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach made a big offer to Andrus Peat last year when Fisher and Schwartz were healthy. He also drafted Niang despite them both being healthy.

He’s going to make moves on the OL.
I believe so too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:54 AM 02-11-2021
Nobody wants to fix the offensive line for the forseeable future more than I do, and I've taken some heat here for it.

But no, I would not go OL in rounds 1 and 2 unless the draft shakes out very different than any mock I've seen.

OT talent is still there in round two and into round 3 with say, a Walker Little who is first round talent but coming off an injury and a covid opt-out.

DE talent goes from potential 10 sack guys to solid but unspectacular by round 3.

OG/C talent is all there through round 4, and so is WR talent.

Now, maybe that's not how it plays out at all; but at least at this early point, that should kind of tell you where we should target guys, which guys, and where we'd need to take them.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:55 AM 02-11-2021
I'm no cap geek, so I have no clue what's realistic, but I'd start with trying to negotiate team-friendly deals to keep Breeland and Sorensen. If they don't want to play ball, tell them to piss off. But give a little extra effort to keep Breeland. Wave goodbye to Ward, Robinson, Kpass, Okafor and Watkins. Unless they can somehow work out a very team-friendly deal for Watkins.

If they lose Breeland and Ward, I'd take a corner pretty early in the draft. If they lose both Watkins and Robinson, draft a WR or find a value FA that will at least be dependable. Draft OL and DE with the first two picks. Prepare for the worst as far as OT goes. Whether through FA or the draft, find an OT that will at least be serviceable while Fisher is out.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:55 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't fucking wait until this team trades up for an OT that starts the season as a backup guard.

That's going to be fucking AWESOME!
That is shitty. Who you gonna have playing LT? Fisher is a minimum of 9 months after surgery. That means the earliest is going to be mid-November. So then we either got someone surprisingly after the draft or Veech misplays this offseason.
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 02-11-2021
There's a dozen ways to get one that don't involve giving up a ton of capital to do it.

We're not fans of the Texans.
Nah. There's the first round then there's a few other lucky ways. If you want one, probably gonna have to spend a 1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bullshit.

And when that doesn't happen and you've given up 2 or 3 1st round picks to get them?

when

when

when
Followed by a question mark.

It's called an interrogative. Look it up

https://www.dictionary.com

Dude, you're being an ass. Take a deep breath and relax for a bit.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:56 AM 02-11-2021
Veach made a big offer to Andrus Peat last year when Fisher and Schwartz were healthy. He also drafted Niang despite them both being healthy.

He’s going to make moves on the OL.
I don’t think there was ever confirmation of an offer, just interest.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:56 AM 02-11-2021
To get one of the top 4 guys, they're probably going to have to trade 1st round picks.

They traded 2 first round picks to get up to #10 to draft Mahomes. It will likely be that expensive or a bit more to do it this year.

It's simply not worth it when this team has so many needs.
Won't have to get that high up to get a good one.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:56 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And then when we have no pass rush? Or Hill goes down and we have dick at WR?
Of course those needs are there.

It comes down to this for me though: If we have a wall at o-line but few playmakers, Mahomes still has a chance to win us the game.

As the Super Bowl showed though, If we have elite playmakers but Mahomes is getting pressured on 50% of his dropbacks, then we have zero chance to win.

So draft Pass rushers and receivers, but the #1 need has to be offensive line.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:57 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they wait a little on a WR, I’d prefer that they hedge their bets and grab 2.
I like Amari Rodgers in the 3rd and maybe an Austin Watkins in the 4th or 5th.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:57 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Won't have to get that high up to get a good one.
Who are you trading for and what are you giving up?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
That is shitty. Who you gonna have playing LT? Fisher is a minimum of 9 months after surgery. That means the earliest is going to be mid-November. So then we either got someone surprisingly after the draft or Veech misplays this offseason.
October would be 9 months.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:58 AM 02-11-2021
Looking at Matt Miller’s mock and man oh man is this draft filled with a ton of quality OL and receivers.

I’m gonna be on the trade down train all the way to the draft.

Juan Thornhill, Rashad Fenton, Nick Allegretti, L’Jarius Sneed, Mike Danna, Tershawn Wharton, Mecole Hardman. All these guys were available from the mid 2nd rd on.

This staff has been one of the best in the league at scouting and finding these gems. Trade back, load your picks up and trust your board to fill our needs.
Probably a good plan unless there's somebody you can't pass up at 31.
[Reply]
O.city 11:59 AM 02-11-2021
Yeah, I'd probably try to trade down and get another 3rd or something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The odds are, whoever we take at 31 is either a bust or a decent NFL starter based on the history of end of first round picks.

Picks at the end of the first just aren't as valuable as early rounders (I'll concede that to staylor in regards to RB's, still woudln't spend a first on one though) so if you have to trade a couple to get a dude thats a legit NFL stud, do it.
Like Luke Joeckel, Mike Williams, or Robert Gallery?

Picks at every level bust including in the top 5.

That's why you try to have as many of them as you can and don't put too many eggs in one basket.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 319
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up