ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 319
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:05 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Whether it was Hunt or Damien Williams, our rushing yards from running backs get inflated by long runs. Look at last years super bowl, Williams had 17 carries for 104 yards, but 38. of those yards came on his TD run to ice the game. Which was awesome, but in reality he ran the ball 16 times for 66 yards during the bulk of the game. Hunt put up a ton of yards late in games too. Now I'm not bitching, but the stats don't tell the entire story.

Frankly, I find it odd that so many here were excited about drafting a running back in the first round last year based on how we know Reid uses backs. I think CEH is great, and I just hope we use this kids talent more next season.
We were excited because of his short area agility and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:06 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There’s no need to evolve into an offense that doesn’t lean heavily on Mahomes/Hill/Kelce. That’s what makes this offense an all-time special group.

You have Clyde, and the OL is going to obviously be better. The run game will be better. But we don’t need to try and turn this into a 50/50 ish run/pass team. That plays into the opposition’s hand.

We just need our offensive line not to fall apart by season’s end. Truly.
Aaron Rodgers had a run game, Tom Brady had a run game, Drew Brees had a run game, Russell Wilson had run game...but let's just rely on Pat 90 percent of the time? I simply don't agree...there's a reason why the guy is banged up right now smh.
[Reply]
O.city 04:06 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We were excited because of his short area agility and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.
And still, value wise, meh.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:07 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
You're talking about 18 carries? How often has Ceh had that or more this season? Three or four times? The bottom line is we need a running game that can scare the opposition and be productive!!..if we had one on sunday maybe things would have been different.
3 games with less than 10, 2 games with 25 or more.

CEH averaged 14 carries per game.

In 2017, Hunt averaged 17 carries per game.

Not all that different, sorry.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:08 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Aaron Rodgers had a run game, Tom Brady had a run game, Drew Brees had a run game, Russell Wilson had run game...but let's just rely on Pat 90 percent of the time? I simply don't agree...there's a reason why the guy is banged up right now smh.
Start writing those letters.

I don't think any of us disagree with you that it would be nice to have more of a running game. But this is Andy Reid, he's been doing this for 20+ years. It isn't going to change.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:08 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
And still, value wise, meh.
I’m not going to cry about value taking a RB at the end of the 1st when they got 1st round talent at T and LB, then got incredible value with Sneed, Wharton, and Danna.

Hell, they got 1st round caliber talent at picks 2-4. You’re more than willing to take your choice of a RB at 32 when you follow it up with that.

Just wait till next year. CEH will show you his “value” then.
[Reply]
O.city 04:13 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m not going to cry about value taking a RB at the end of the 1st when they got 1st round talent at T and LB, then got incredible value with Sneed, Wharton, and Danna.

Hell, they got 1st round caliber talent at picks 2-4. You’re more than willing to take your choice of a RB at 32 when you follow it up with that.

Just wait till next year. CEH will show you his “value” then.
But think where they’d be if they added a valuable commodity at 32 to those other guys!

CEH can do all he wants. He’s a really good solid running back. It was still a waste of resource to take one in the first
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:15 PM 02-10-2021
But think where they’d be if they added a valuable commodity at 32 to those other guys!

CEH can do all he wants. He’s a really good solid running back. It was still a waste of resource to take one in the first
So who would you have taken?
[Reply]
O.city 04:18 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So who would you have taken?
Hindsight and all, probably Higgins.

Then let Watkins walk and roll that money into this year
[Reply]
staylor26 04:18 PM 02-10-2021

Yea a total “waste” :-)

What a stupid thing to say. The only way it’s a “waste” is if the player is a bust.

Funny how you go from bitching that you can’t get a contribution from late 1st round guys, then the Chiefs take an immediate impact player at a position where’re you’re more likely to get immediate impact and you bitch about that.
[Reply]
O.city 04:19 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea a total “waste” :eyeroll:

What a stupid thing to say. The only way it’s a “waste” is if the player is a bust.
A first round pick is very valuable to you guys. I’d trade them all away but everyone tells me that’s dumb so I’d get fired

But from a value standpoint using a first on a rb is just not gonna max the value of the pick
[Reply]
O.city 04:21 PM 02-10-2021
I bitch about it because they’ve shown over and over to be able to get good production from mid rounders or Udfa at running back.

I never said you can’t get contribution from late first rounders. I said it’s tough to get immediate cornerstone type guys there because that’s just the way the draft goes
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:22 PM 02-10-2021
I'd like to think there's a guard or two out there that want a ring. I don't know who that is, but I hope they exist.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:22 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'd like to think there's a guard or two out there that want a ring. I don't know who that is, but I hope they exist.
Yep.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:25 PM 02-10-2021
A first round pick is very valuable to you guys. I’d trade them all away but everyone tells me that’s dumb so I’d get fired

But from a value standpoint using a first on a rb is just not gonna max the value of the pick
All 1st round picks aren’t equal. We’re talking about the 32nd pick. I wouldn’t draft a RB top 15, but after that when the talent drops off I’m not going to write it off.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 319
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up