ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 319
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 02-25-2021
Yes, RunKC, if Cosmi/Jenkins/Mayfield make it to 31, there’s a good chance they are BPA.

But that’s highly unlikely.

It’s much more likely that we can get a guy like Hudson, Little, or Smith on day 2.

I don’t know why you have this backwards.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:58 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not interested in paying this schmuck the salary of a 1st round pick. If he's cut then vet minimum.
You aren’t paying his full contract. Just the base salary....none of which is guaranteed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If there is a good quality LT that you think can be the answer long term then you take them. That’s the definition of BPA considering we wouldn’t be reaching for need since Fisher and Schwartz will be back at some point. Good LT’s are hard to find. There aren’t many of them. They also go quickly in the draft and get our massive salaries in FA, so a year where one might be available late in the first td would be amazing for us.

As for this next season, you play the kid at LT and when Fish comes back you put them inside at LG. It’s Allegretti and Wylie at that spot currently. That’s not a difficult decision. As Andy says “okay the 5 best guys”.

A cheap quality LT changes everything. One of the highest paid players on your team is now cheap for 5 years while you have the highest paid player in the league. They could also dump Clark after this year and have a ton of money free for reloading the roster.

Again, they need to determine that one of those prospects is worthy but considering this class it’s very possible.
If Fisher comes back and signs a multiyear extension, you don't have a cheap quality LT. You have TWO LT's and one of them is expensive.

There's no reason to double up at the spot.

And the whole talk about just taking an OT and moving them to guard - that's not how it works and it's not a good use of resources.

If there's a STUD LT there at 31, he's a LT, not a guard and you don't move him just because Fisher is back.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:02 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, RunKC, if Cosmi/Jenkins/Mayfield make it to 31, there’s a good chance they are BPA.

It’s much more likely that we can get a guy like Hudson, Little, or Smith on day 2.

Idk that Hudson will be there past 50 tbh. Matt Miller has him as his 38th best player currently. Word is he made a shit ton of money at the Senior Bowl too.

Little will be an interesting case study. I don’t see him falling to round 3 bc he’s got the athleticism, measurables and his knee is probably fine being a year and a half post surgery/rehab.

Those types of guys alway go early. But this year is definitely different.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:03 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You aren’t paying his full contract. Just the base salary....none of which is guaranteed.
That's still too expensive. Look at the list of stupid shit this dude did.

https://atozsportsnashville.com/tenn...-field-issues/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:06 PM 02-25-2021
Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with this guy's brain?

[Reply]
RunKC 04:07 PM 02-25-2021

It’s gonna suck when Ballard crushes my dream and drafts Cosmi to go with Nelson, Kelly, Glowinski and Smith.

God Carson Wentz is gonna be fucking set. Jesus
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:12 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
God Carson Wentz is gonna be fucking set. Jesus
Too bad the dude is hot garbage.

Not only is he a shell of his former self, he completely lost the locker room last year in Philly.

He's going to have an uphill battle in Indy, especially if he continues to act like an arrogant prick despite his shitty play on the field.

The Colts are the new Cowboys. Great running back and offensive line but no receivers and a shitty QB.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:42 PM 02-25-2021
From what I’ve read, Okwara isn’t bad against the run, just not great.
I don’t know a lot about him so take this with a grain of salt, but PFF has him at a 45.8 against the run. That might be the lowest grade for a front 7 player I’ve seen.

Originally Posted by -King-:
He’s the top FA target on my wishlist after news broke about Schwartz probably coming back.

He’s easily the best center in the NFL and is great in the run and pass game.

He would immediately upgrade the line over what we had in Reiter...and by a wide margin.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think all first rounders deals are fully guaranteed, bro.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:47 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t know a lot about him so take this with a grain of salt, but PFF has him at a 45.8 against the run. That might be the lowest grade for a front 7 player I’ve seen.

He’s the top FA target on my wishlist after news broke about Schwartz probably coming back.

He would immediately upgrade the line over what we had in Reiter...and by a wide margin.

He was suspended a game, I believe. That would void the guarantees, right?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:40 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Rookie contracts are guaranteed.

All you’re paying in a trade is their base salary, though. 1/2 that deal or so is signing bonus. Which hits the Titans.

For Wilson, you’d be looking at 1.1, 1.3, and then 2.2 million bases. If you trade for him not sure if you’re guaranteeing that cash or the original team isn(if you were to cut the player), but it wouldn’t count against your cap if you cut him.

Worst case, you’re gambling 4.6M of actual cash and $0 of cap space that you can get something out of him commensurate to his original draft position.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Rookie contracts are guaranteed.

All you’re paying in a trade is their base salary, though. 1/2 that deal or so is signing bonus. Which hits the Titans.

For Wilson, you’d be looking at 1.1, 1.3, and then 2.2 million bases. If you trade for him not sure if you’re guaranteeing that cash or the original team isn(if you were to cut the player), but it wouldn’t count against your cap if you cut him.

Worst case, you’re gambling 4.6M of actual cash and $0 of cap space that you can get something out of him commensurate to his original draft position.
Which means there's absolutely zero risk.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:42 PM 02-26-2021
Idk if this has been posted yet, but I found this to be an interesting nugget from Nate Taylor’s most recent article:

“ The Chiefs could re-sign Remmers to a one-year deal to retain his role as a reliable backup, and they’re expected to engage free-agent tackles such as Trent Williams and Alejandro Villanueva.”

Man. Signing Williams is like my dream FA move. Yeah, it would mean Fisher is gone, but that guy is going to be a top 5-ish LT for another 4-5 years.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:57 PM 02-26-2021
Trent Williams - Lucas Niang - Center (draft pick?) - LDT - Schwartz

I like. A lot. Could even put Niang at RG and Osemele at LG if that works out.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:59 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Idk if this has been posted yet, but I found this to be an interesting nugget from Nate Taylor’s most recent article:

“ The Chiefs could re-sign Remmers to a one-year deal to retain his role as a reliable backup, and they’re expected to engage free-agent tackles such as Trent Williams and Alejandro Villanueva.”

Man. Signing Williams is like my dream FA move. Yeah, it would mean Fisher is gone, but that guy is going to be a top 5-ish LT for another 4-5 years.
Thatd be a dream scenario. Not interested in Patrick playing behind a rookie or JAG left tackle while we wait for Fish to get healthy.

Move heaven and earth to sign Williams, resign Osemele, draft your center (Dickerson and Humphrey) somewhere in the 2nd. Sit back and let those boys wreck shit!
[Reply]
Page 123 of 319
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up