ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
RunKC 05:12 PM 09-11-2020
Someone help me out here. Robinson has hands of stone. He dropped 3 passes by my count last night, including one that hit him right in the face mask.

Robinson played 33 snaps while Hardman played 20.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Hardman is so much better
[Reply]
RunKC 10:44 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because the most creative staff in the league has legitimate reasons to use Robinson in those situations.
Or they’re saving the Mecole plays for later :-)
[Reply]
493rd 10:45 AM 10-06-2020
A better question would be what has happened to us effectively stretching the field with deep balls? Mahomes has missed a few, but it seems that most often teams have taken the stance that they’re going to stop it at any cost. However, with the speed of Hill, Watkins, Robinson, and Hardman, you’d think we’d be able to get a few every game.
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 10-06-2020
With as great as he is, Mahomes still tends to struggle a bit with deep balls. He throws them to flat IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by 493rd:
A better question would be what has happened to us effectively stretching the field with deep balls? Mahomes has missed a few, but it seems that most often teams have taken the stance that they’re going to stop it at any cost. However, with the speed of Hill, Watkins, Robinson, and Hardman, you’d think we’d be able to get a few every game.
It's REALLY hard to find deep passes against 2-deep safety looks, especially when they're selling out to stop it.

All you can do at that point is try to build on some of your own tendencies to create mistakes. And that's something that Reid's not going to unveil unless he has to.

A vanilla offensive approach against a 2-safety set is just not going to yield many deep looks. Andy was fine with that and was willing to try to go to the run game to punish that approach.

The run game mis-fired. Shit happens.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:34 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The run game mis-fired. Shit happens.
Did anyone else notice the distinct lack of Darwin Thompson last night?

The guy didn't get a single snap versus the Patriots.

I hope that's a sign they're done with him and scouring 53's and Practice Squads across the league.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:36 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The guy didn't get a single snap last night. I hope that's a sign they're done with him and scouring 53's and Practice Squads across the league.
The experiment needs to be done. Every time he gets a chance it is mental lapse after mental lapse. Even in his shining moment recovering the fumbled kickoff against the Texans last year, he was lost.

RB2 is this team’s top need right now and I’m not sure it’s close.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:36 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Yes! I was thinking that last night and meant to mention it today.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:39 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The experiment needs to be done. Every time he gets a chance it is mental lapse after mental lapse. Even in his shining moment recovering the fumbled kickoff against the Texans last year, he was lost.

RB2 is this team’s top need right now and I’m not sure it’s close.
Dude, I've been saying this since the 2019 season ended.

The Chiefs really need to find a #2 guy right away because if CEH misses even two quarters, the Chiefs could be in big trouble with Darrel Williams and Darwin Award Thompson.

I'd rather have Sammy Watkins and Anthony Sherman out there as their running backs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:39 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You just kinda have to acknowledge the situation the Chiefs found themselves in at the time the pick was made.

I think they were pretty sure that Hill was gone.
No, thats wrong. We now know that the NFL and the Chiefs had the tape all along of the wife admitting that Hill was innocent. We didn't know the tape even existed but they did and had possession of it from the beginning.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:24 PM 10-11-2020
It continues. Another stupid ass penalty by Robinson and the motherfucker blows an open TD by running out of the end zone :-)

At this point I don’t care if it’s Hardman. Get Pringle in there. He can block and has better hands.

It’s crazy that Sammy and Kelce are the only reliable big receivers on this team. It’s honestly a big need of ours.

It makes me really miss Chris Conley. Say whatever you want avo it the guy, he was better than Robinson and did an admirable job replacing Sammy in 2018.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:26 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It continues. Another stupid ass penalty by Robinson and the mother****er blows an open TD by running out of the end zone :-)

At this point I don’t care if it’s Hardman. Get Pringle in there. He can block and has better hands.

It’s crazy that Sammy and Kelce are the only reliable big receivers on this team. It’s honestly a big need of ours.

It makes me really miss Chris Conley. Say whatever you want avo it the guy, he was better than Robinson and did an admirable job replacing Sammy in 2018.
Uh, DRob "ran out of the end zone" because that's where Patrick threw the ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:31 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, DRob "ran out of the end zone" because that's where Patrick threw the ball.
No shit. That throw wasn't even close to catchable.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No shit. That throw wasn't even close to catchable.
But it's DRob's fault he's not 11 feet tall!!!
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:44 PM 10-11-2020
Neither one of them has done jack all this season.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:16 PM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But it's DRob's fault he's not 11 feet tall!!!
Dick Vermeil, is that you?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up